1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Screen tear & frame rate drops ?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Bibbles, Sep 8, 2016.

1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Both my drives are less than 50% full. I've never seen the screen tear, I get the fps issue mainly on braking and cornering, and it's worse on mp. It can't be things to do with what we are doing because they have said that they have found the problem and fixed it. Patch coming soon.

2. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I really want to see some footage from Magione from people who say they've got no screen tear on console!

djm99 likes this.
  3. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I'll try tonight dan when I get home from work

danowat likes this.
  4. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Likewise I would like to see one with tear because maybe I'm missing it on mine. I compared mine to a review video and there was no comparison.
    I'll have a go at recording something after work too..

ppbucko and Bibbles like this.
  5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

How old is your Xbox one, mines a day one edition, the newer ones might have slight tweaks in the hardware, of course we got no way of knowing that, I'm just throwing that out there.
    What track/car combo are you going to use, I'll give it a go as well.

6. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

I'm day one ps4..

7. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

There are indeed screen tearing and fps problems, but they are so minimal to me that I don't even notice them unless I purposely look for them.
    A patch is coming that will fix/improve them.

Tomcul likes this.
  8. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Was gonna try magione quick race with full grid not sure what car don't suppose it matters..

9. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Quick vid on magione.
    I wasn't racing these guys so please don't judge my driving in this video!!

Bibbles likes this.
  10. Aitrui

Aitrui Rookie

I can't believe it runs like that, for you!

My ps4 is 6 month old, the 'latest' hardware, and I'm getting 10-38fps, and constant, I mean constant! picture tearing. The ps4 hdd is nearly empty.
    I use a big projector screen for displaying, with cockpit very close to it, and the constant tearing with low fps, makes the game unplayable!

Tomcul likes this.
  11. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

That's how mine runs all the time, online is the same too!!
    I play on a 50" screen that's touchable from my rig..
    I was hoping someone would upload one with tearing so I can see the difference.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  12. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Sorry to hear that people are still getting these issues. I definitely seem to be one of the lucky ones. It runs very smoothly on my PS4, don't notice any framerate slowdown and have only noticed very, very minor screen tearing a couple of times but it wasn't anything to get upset about.

In case it helps, I run it from a disc, and I have about 100GB free on my HDD.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

how do you compress video down to get on here.

14. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

xbox one footage same car track as above

Ignore the driving first time on this track. lol

15. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I run ps4 digital download and get no screen tear or frame rate drops game runs smooth all the time

2xplor likes this.
  16. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

that's running on ext drive 40% full, digital downloaded game. watch the trees coming towards you its like flicking through a book fast.

17. djm99

djm99 Gamer

?? i can see screen tearing near constant on the trees.. but Kunos have it sorted in the next patch, so it's all good.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    LeDude83 likes this.
  18. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

How would a full hard drive affect how smooth the game runs please?
    I have my PS4 copy on disk and my HD is fairly full to say the least.
    My game is extremely stuttery, it doesnt run anywhere near as smooth as the videos posted here, it's very off putting.
    I'm still playing it though, I love the physics.
    Would a database rebuild help at all?

19. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

I can go entire races without stuttering but if I brake suddenly or hit a car the whole game slows down for a few seconds then goes back to normal. It's really odd. During practice for example it's fine. Can see entire screen tearing from time to time though, like an entire pass horizontally up or down the screen.

20. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

That's when I get it the worst, under heavy braking really slows it down, also if you just roll round a corner a lot slower than you can go round it stutters.