1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sense of speed....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MickyMutton, Dec 6, 2013.

1. plaid

plaid Alien

You can actually use this app with a singlescreen, if you set the option for triples., someone gave me that tip.

After some updates, while I believed my performance was dicreased and I wondered how the hell people could have improvements, I found out that I got a minus of 30-50% of fps from it, which I didnt recognised earlier, cause I limited the frames to 59. :D
    With a low spec rig like mine thats fatal.

2. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Italian FOV:p:p:p

AndreaD and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  3. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

I agree with all of you of SOS. I LOVE AC BUT THIS IS AN ISSUE. It keeps that feeling of hauling *** Nd being right on the ragged edge of living and crashing. That is a must for any racing sim and I truly hope the DEVS can do something to help us with this MUST HAVE FEELING.

4. ROFL at that video at the beginning there :)

cunnu79 likes this.
  5. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

This is a headcam vid from a Viper TA. Great example of what sense of speed SHOULD be like even at below race speeds...
    Even the FOV is similar to correct in AC

6. Just by the preview pic of that video, the camera's FOV looks WIDE

7. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

thats about 70-80 fov ingame lol....still looks slow to me, slower than the game even. glad im not having that problem:D

8. its just the opposite for me - good sense of speed out of AC - poor sense of speed out of iRacing.

9. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

have you tried vsync on lock to 60fp? maybe the smoothness makes it feel faster

10. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Sense of light speed :D

11. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

narrow tracks feel faster like jp plus thats like a zonda p4 type car that def shouldnt feel slow, dont know how people have this problem. maybe too much arcady grid type of games destroyed the feel for them?
    race in arbarth for a few laps then hit the track with a faster car

12. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Too much "wipeout" maybe hihihi...
    Without joking, I've drove and Exige s and a Lotus Omega at Monza, and had very different "sense of speed"...It doesn't feel like you're going 200km/h, wide tracks give that effect...and strangely the Exige s gave more "sense of speed" than the Omega Lotus( 240 hp vs 500+hp) probably because of the lower ride height and the lighter chassis...but I can tell that higher is your driving position and lower is the sense of speed you have...my feelings...

dubbsta78 likes this.
  13. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

bring on the gokarts:p cant get lower than that.....wait a minute, can someone model bob sleds:D

cunnu79 likes this.