1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Setup all Cars

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by andyfox71, Sep 21, 2016.

1. andyfox71

andyfox71 Rookie

.... hello, could someone tell me how to adapt these values on the console, I tried in every way to try to understand that "algorithm" used but in vain, the method of self setting is also different from pc console, but at least one could not leave the same as more numbers is it? ..... Oh well, never mind, just wondering if anyone is able to help me to interpret these values and adapt them on consoles ..... thank you

....buongiorno, qualcuno mi potrebbe dire come fare per adattare questi valori su consolle, ho provato in tutti i modi a cercare di capire che "algoritmo" usare ma invano, il metodo di settaggio auto è diverso anche da pc a consolle, ma almeno quello non potevano lasciarlo uguale visto che sempre di numeri si tratta ?.....vabbe non importa, chiedo solo se qualcuno è capace di darmi una mano ad interpretare questi valori e adattarli su consolle.....grazie

[​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Super slow in Formula Hybrid cars and setups don't do anything Feb 1, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Setup for cars on console Jul 1, 2020
    Console Lounge Rooms Setup Suggestions (track/cars combinations) Oct 16, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Production cars become different things by setup Jun 1, 2017
    Bug reports Cars don't brake if loading an old setup! Feb 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Drift cars setup Dec 19, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Added brake pressure setup options for all cars...? Nov 22, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What are the "screws" in the cars setup to control tyre temperatures? Aug 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room (Setup Question) Monza, the 'old' DTM-Cars and the RF-Tire May 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Car setup when using online server cars? Dec 28, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Race setup: which cars should i add? Jul 29, 2014
    Chit Chat Room How good (driving and setups) do you have to be to drive the 2 f1 cars competently? Jul 19, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Setup question. AI cars always use default setup? May 27, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Setups on production cars Mar 10, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Will there be other cars with a Drift setup? Nov 24, 2013

3. Why would you want all cars to have the same setup? Thats not going to be beneficial to anyone?

For example, 31psi might be a good pressure for one car (at one track), but won't for another. Same with all you're other choices, '-25' Camber, what even is this? Camber is measured in degrees, and never more than -5 degrees...

And your toe settings, as well as damper settings, although the numbers might be the same, the actual values will be very different between the cars.

4. andyfox71

andyfox71 Rookie

Maybe I have not explained, or you can not understand me, the rebound value rear of the console will not get to 13, but the minimum is 16 .... in the "toe-out" of the console 10 does not exist as there is no camber -25 ...... my question is this, is there any way to convert the settings from pC to console to make them similar since we are talking of the very same car on both platforms, leaving the temperature asphalt disconnected fund etc. etc. etc... ?

I speak of the BMW M3 E92 DRIFT and between console and PC the range values are not equal .... why?

because this difference between consoles and PC, is there a way to adapt

I was clear enough?

5. Exage304

Exage304 Gamer

Just quickly

Fuel: (amount) effects vehicle range, weight/distribution, and ride height.

Tire pressure: effects grip, speed, heat

Toe: position (angle) of wheels in degrees relating to the car looking down at the car (birds eye). Effects steering turn in, rotation, stability, and top speed
    Camber: position (angle) of wheels in degrees relating to the car looking at the car from the front or rear. Effects acceleration, braking, and turning grip.

Bump: Stiffness (rate) of shock compressing with weight transfer loading. Effects car steering responsiveness and handling (initial), grip, balance, etc
    Rebound: Stiffness (rate) of shock extending with weight transfer unloading. Effects car steering responsiveness and handling (transitional: quickly turning left to right), grip, balance, etc

Tune the car based on the car information on the left of the screen and preference, the values are kind of arbitrary...

Hope this helps!

phil_75 likes this.
  6. Sorry, i certainly did not understand your first post.

I think what you are asking is a way for to match the console setups with PC setups?

What you should first know (if you don't already), is you only need to pay attention to the values on the left, these are your live values, the 'real' values if you like. The values you see on the right, they are pretty meaningless and don't represent anything on the car.

andyfox71 likes this.
  7. texmex675

texmex675 Rookie

I want to know the same thing as the OP.
    Say for example I search for "assetto Corsa Ferrari 458 setup" I'll end up with a downloaded ini-file that has those numbers in it. How do we translate that into the Ps4.

8. andyfox71

andyfox71 Rookie

good , it is what I'm trying to understand too, you could create the proportions so as to translate all the setup PC and carry it on consoles

9. Ah, OK, I see the problem.

Tbh, I don't think there's an easy solution.

The problem is, those values you get in the setup.ini's are pretty meaningless and irrelevant, making it impossible to reproduce on the console since (for an unknown reason) I think the setup values are different.

The only solution I see would be to ask PC members to install the setup themselves, then take screenshots of the actual live values, then you could then tweak you're setup to match. Not only is it annoying and time consuming, things like damper settings are not even shown in the live values :/

Hopefully, there will be some dedicated console setups soon, which should hopefully simplify the process.

andyfox71 and Exage304 like this.
  10. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

I just assumed that camber of 25 on PC is the same as 2.5 on console, seemed to work on the ferrari 458 gt2 setup I tried. Everything else seemed to match although other cars could have more differences.

The differences could be a mistake in the port but also the console version is at 1.4 compared to 1.8(.1) on PC so we may see some changes.

garyjpaterson likes this.
  11. andyfox71

andyfox71 Rookie

I had also thought to divide by 10 by becoming 31 in 3.1 , but then there are the values and toe bumpers that do not coincide ..... :(

12. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

I don't own the console version, let alone a console.

But could be simplified, ie Clicks.

Lets say Jenson Buttons F1 car @ spa, he asks his engineers to set the front aero to click 4, which might be 2deg`s per click.
    ie 8deg`s

Lets say a Merc DTM rear aero is designed to move 3deg`s, so 4 clicks will be 12deg`s.

The only variable which will be the same for all cars will be the Tire Pressure`s.

13. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

Just checking and the toe lf/rf, for example, goes from -10 to 7 in both PC and console on the 458 gt2. Packers rates, travel range and bump all looks fine to me.

Might be the setup market has some dodgy numbers on some cars.

garyjpaterson likes this.
  14. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

Tried a v1.8 setup from the market and there are differences vs console (like andyfox says). Best to look for older version setups (1.5 send good) to get a match, at least until we get another patch or two under our belts.

andyfox71 likes this.