1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Should I play AC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by DARCY PARKINSON, Dec 6, 2017.

1. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

I don't see why you wouldn't play Raceroom online. There are quite a few active leagues with the game. Generally cars are more forgiving and collisions are smoother than in AC which makes the experience different from AC. I prefer AC for its better FFB (personal opinion) and friendlier DLC system, but R3E online racing is good.

2. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Read just the OP's post. Seriously!!! How the hell do people need other people's opinion to make their mind up is just ridiculous. Title is ridiculous... "Should I play AC" ??!!
    Some love it, some don't, some play all sims.

Do research, take a risk and buy it... 2hrs to return it.
    Opinions are subjective, only you can make your mind......

Proody likes this.
  3. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Although i would suggest to just buy it & invest some time in it. If you are interested in sims in any way then i think its really good value & worth a buy.

4. Turk

Turk Alien

There really should be a law that says if you own a FFB wheel for a PC you must own Assetto Corsa too. The online is as involved as you want it to be. Yes, you should get AC.

There's a housing crisis in Ireland (we've got no houses left, prices have gone through the roof) and even though I have a good job I can't find anywhere to live so my rig is packed away and I miss AC so much. I'm going to have to wait for the Christmas holidays and setup my rig at work while everyone's gone and binge AC non stop. I imagine this must be a similar experience to what crack addicts go through in withdrawals.

So buy a copy of AC Darcy, and put in some laps for me.

chksix and victor86 like this.
  5. No, it's terrible. Crap graphics, worse physics than Need For Speed 3, and no Lotus Esprit. I've only played it for 3500 hours, so you can see where I'm coming from ;)

chksix, Turk, bgil66 and 1 other person like this.
  6. I already own AC and I have owned it since it was in early access but haven't played in years. Maybe my post is a little bit confusing because I guess in the end I am just trying to get feedback and other more experienced sim racers opinions so I can make a decision on where to put my money / time.

From what I have gathered if I want to play any of the following sims like AC or R3E online only I need to find a league that is active and that races during my peak hours which is 8pm - 12am eastern time since I am in Canada. Outside of this timeframe I have noticed empty servers in R3E and mostly EU servers in AC where I have abysmal ping. Project cars 2 has active servers in my time zone most of the day so that could be an option and from what little time I have put into iRacing I know for sure there is no lack of multiplayer racing for my timezone.

7. mms

mms Alien

If you have a good internet connection you won't have any issues racing in AC on EU servers, I even raced some AU servers from here in Canada with pretty high ping without any issues.

But public racing can sometimes be tough, you might want to look for a league, or at least racing on more controlled servers like SRS or Race Department.

8. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think you need to join a league, but you will get the best standard of racing. You could also join the likes of racedepartment who have a few get togethers each week for different regions, there are European servers, US servers, etc.. They have a membership fee which is around €20 for the year I think. They have leagues but it's mostly racing for fun on their events.

9. So for fun I went to go look at the steamcharts website to see when R3E and AC have their peak player counts and its just as I suspected.... AC averages around 2500-3000 players around 12-4 PM my time which is when I am at work. I get home at 8:30PM eastern time everynight and the players drop down to around 700-800 players which is a pretty big decrease. I guess the EU really counts a lot for this games playerbase and R3E is even worse since it averages like 300 players

mms likes this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Nice outburst, thumbs up!

...but remember the newbies! They need help for shure, let’s give it them.

mms likes this.
  11. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Those numbers won't tell you the whole story: you will have much more fun playing with a dozen clean racers of your level with TS or DS chat, than on a public server with 30 random guys, the traditional pileup at T1, and half of them exiting the game before the end of the race. Sometimes you get nice races on open servers, but not because of the number of drivers.
    RD racing club makes nice races with lots of guys, provided you can live with their strict track limit rule.

mms likes this.
  12. Alright I guess I need to just find a racing league / community that works for me

13. mms

mms Alien

From my experience you can still find a server or two that might be interesting in those time ranges, but really depends on what you like.

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Give open servers a try, but be reminded to make use of Minolin ˋs MR rating.
    With MR restricted to A and B grades you should be able to encounter good, clean racing!
    For starters, search for „Street Fight“ in your server browser.
    Should give you very satisfying races.

15. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

One more fellow canadian seeking for evening online races, hurray! If you ever find a good server or league in our timezone, let me know :)

Oh and welcome to AC, hope you'll like it!

16. mms

mms Alien

Ummm...see my signature, not big enough? ;)

chksix likes this.
  17. Yes! I live in Quebec as well atleast I think thats where you live lol. I enjoy AC but honestly I think I played too many Forza games lol. What I mean by that is its easy to just join a matchmaking system or lobby system that throws you into a populated server. I like that kind of system and I haven't really found anything like that except for in Forza 7 on PC obviously. The issue there is that the racing is terrible and everyone just crashes into everyone else with trucks and jeeps.

mms likes this.
  18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I really don’t know what you mean with Match making system?!
    Forza for shure has nothing of that!
    AC does, it’s called SRS... Simracingsystem
    Do some googling...!

19. By matchmaking system I just mean that you pick a car type or a car class and you get thrown into a lobby that automatically changes the track for you and you race against other cars of the same type. I dont mind server lists like in AC but I like to race other things than just GT2 at Spa because its the only active server that I have under 100 ping lol.

I will look into simracing system but its not like the game throws this system at you since its probably a mod.

20. As long as your ping is under 250 and you are on a stable connection there shouldn't be any problems.

mms likes this.