1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cars from different dlcs shouldn't matter for a player to join

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KaziQ, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaziQ

KaziQ Rookie

Hi,

I've found this to be an irritating issue and I can't see any incentive for Kunos to prevent players from joining servers with content they don't have. If they can choose a car they have, they should be able to join. By this:
    - They can compete against cars they don't own and make them want to buy DLC even more
    - Increase the population of servers by making the target audience bigger.
    - Many servers contain content from all the 3 DLCs. It's hard for a player with vanilla installation to find a server to play on. Players not being able to play affects Assetto Corsa statistics on Steam Community, therefore less attraction. Also in this case it's probably less likely that those players will ever buy DLCs (except for sales).

Some people have said downloading content you don't own but having it sucks that's why. I think that's silly. For the reasons above I believe Kunos should rethink.

KaziQ

TAM-JROD and D4Z3Dii like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions One track, nine cars, nine different rims : A lap around Zandvoort Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Physics Qualifying and race, car is like driving two completely different cars Feb 10, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Driveability of the different cars Jan 22, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sensitivity changes when choosing different cars and tracks. Oct 12, 2018
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Oboard setting for different cars Jun 23, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Need some tips setting my G27 for different cars. Feb 4, 2018
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Showing different version of cars when using tags Jun 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Production cars become different things by setup Jun 1, 2017
    Suggestions AI cars to use different tyre compounds in race Mar 16, 2017
    Suggestions Allow different controllers settings for each cars (or just car type at least) Dec 23, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Cars attitude between different circuits Sep 19, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Steering rack forces for the different cars Sep 4, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Disappearing Cars In two different Ways May 11, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds FOV different cars Apr 30, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Model details on different cars Mar 6, 2016

3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

4. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

No offence but @V8_KB is right...

5. KaziQ

KaziQ Rookie

I am aware that Kunos staff said there are no such plans, I am just trying to raise awareness or add to the pool of knowledge that for the reasons stated above and many other that can be said by other players here, it doesn't make sense to exclude players from an entire session just because they don't own a particular car.
    I am not arguing against buying the DLCs or anything. DLCs are cheap compared to other racing games (e.x. iRacing), that's for sure. So I'll buy any DLC that comes out, but if we want AC to grow bigger it only makes sense to allow players to join servers when there are cars they don't own.

KaziQ

6. esox71

esox71 Alien

Wonder how that will work on console?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.