1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Should i upgrade from g27 to t300rs ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Sen Dewael, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

2. mkleist

mkleist Gamer

Not the exact question, but I just upgraded from a G25 to a t300rs. Man what a huge improvement. I am getting the adapter to run my G25 pedals and shifter with the t300rs until I can afford to buy some Fanatec CSP's and the TH8A shifter. Way better than the G25, I'm not looking back at all.

3. For those wondering, D-pad of T300 can be used in assetto with xpadder software or maybe xpadder like.

4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I think besides not worrying about compatibility of existing or future load cell upgrade, Bodnar cable makes pedals much higher resolution, 1024 vs 255 when connected to wheel, G27 or Thrustmaster.

5. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

So, if you're planning on buying the T300rs and you'd like to use the G25 set of pedals, what exact cable do you have to order and from where? Would be much appreciated :)

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

7. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

8. mkleist

mkleist Gamer

I just got those cables to use my g25 pedals and shifter and it works great.

Sent from my Note 4.

9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Just got a response from Frank at Ricmotech. Leo Bodnar cable should work just fine with Ricmotech load cell, no modifications or new interface board are required.
    Ordered Bodnar cable and T300 RS. :D

PhenOm likes this.
  10. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

So it's better to order the Leo Bodnar one if you plan on modding the pedals in the future? Good to know :)

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Strong bump to this thread and special thanks to Skazz for his enthusiasms and gobs of shared knowledge on Thrustmaster gear.
    To be honest I've been super skeptical about this "improvement" path. Boy, have I ever been more wrong?
    Me, poor G27 owner, missed a lot in AC, can't take my hands off new wheel now, it just feels SO REAL, it's freaking, total immersion.
    And this thing can break your hands off before even approaching clipping level, I can only imagine how strong T500 should be.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Skazz likes this.
  12. And the Fanatec CSW V2 is even more powerful than the T500

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Nice, just curios how one can utilize all that power.
    With 75% in control panel and 70% in AC "wimpy" T300RS is already quite challenging, at 100% (in game only, still no clipping) I plain just can't hold the wheel, and I am over 200lbs with some serious years of active weightlifting under my belt.

14. atchoo

atchoo Racer

15. aaksut

aaksut Rookie

I bought a T500 RS about 2 weeks ago and after about a day started getting the same issues as this guy So they still have some quality control issues it seems.

I like the wheel but wasn't overwhelmed by the difference from the G27. I reckon I'd notice it a lot if I went back to the G27 now though. I ended up buying some Clubsport V2 Pedals and would recommend them as the first upgrade from a G27. I had a GTEYE mod in the G27 pedals and the thrustmaster ones (while they still worked) weren't that much better than the modded G27 imo.

If I had my time over I think I'd get the T300 and the Clubsport Pedals.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    JyriK likes this.
  16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Thanks for feedback on CSP.
    I am currently on load celled (Richmotech) G27 pedals with Leo Bodnar cable, they do the job but I've been looking at Club Sport or some other pedals for quite a while. CSP still seems like within a budget although there are some serious concerns regarding quality, like with all Fanatec lineup. (cheap load cells that die within months, leaking shocks, squeaking pedals, etc.)

17. Manorba

Manorba Gamer

yes of course the bodnar cable is the way to go, gives oyu 10 bit resolution and decouples them from the wheel. And imho the g25/g27 pedals are not inferior to anyhting else (provided you detach them from the plastic board and mount them upside down in the correct position ;) ) they are the best budget solution.

[​IMG]

ps. as i recall bodnar sells a 12bit pedals controller with load cell circuit too, just in case you have a load cell without the board.

GT1 likes this.
  18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Yep, he does, Ricmotech comes with interface board already, plus load cell is probably the best you can find, nothing comparing to cheap postal scale kind used by Fanatec.
    I think increased resolution helps tremendously with load celled brakes modulation due to their decreased travel.
    This is how it looks like in calibration at max pressure. I am still not sure if this is right as it starts at 150 and goes to around 950 (full pressure), but comfortable max for me is 600 which I set there, at least now brake resistance is consistent and doesn't go up every time you apply more pressure (problem with all load cells).
    upload_2014-12-5_8-9-56.png

19. Manorba

Manorba Gamer

i have the apelectrix mod (cheaper and likely less quality) with the bodnar cable but my break settings range is 30-360. (LC is 45kg). the lower limit is just to avoid the slight oscillations when i press other pedals and to account for a little soft damper that removes the lift off noise when metal hits metal. the higher is just how much i can go without getting cramps :)

20. atchoo

atchoo Racer

Bought Leo Bodnar Pedal Cable, first step. :)
    I think I will buy a T300 Ferrari GTE or is it better a T300 RS?