1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

So cool, headtracking just with a smartphone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MrDoedel, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Epocx

Epocx Alien

use a wood skin for the nexus and strap it on your forehead. :D :D

2. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Another "new thing" that makes people look like complete tools when using it... hilarious.

Starting with the bulky VR sets strapped over your forehead and eyes to this thing wearing a phone on your head, people are going nuts.

Call me when there is nothing attached to/on my head and/or over my eyes and no cables also, then I'll be remotely interested. Until then I'll just laugh at how silly all these things are and say pass.

3. nokmond

nokmond Rookie

Don't use it then

On a more serious note - I've got this working straight away on AC but no joy in any other games - FSX, X-PLANE, PCARS. Has anyone tried with other games with success?

4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

You'll need one of these
    [​IMG]

5. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

I don't know whether to be impressed by the ingenouity or just laugh like a cryzy person:D

6. Epocx

Epocx Alien

So i tried it now and since i dont do this in public like @PAKFA, who probably also has a fancy racing suit and gloves on while playing on a simulator(nerd ;), i am at no risk at looking funny. I hide the phone in a whool hat ;)

First impression is pretty nice. i tweaked the curves alot though.
    The best thing about a headtracker is certainly that you still look in the same direction even if the back of the car steps out and you can follow the corners better. wether that leads to better times remains to be seen for me, but it certainly is alot of fun. I also reduced the amount of apps visible and it looks better that way too :)

7. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

@Epocx: Yes, I also weak a racing helmet with iridium visor while sim racing... I am my own helmet cam, so I won't be using that in PCars, that is for amateurs.

Queequeg likes this.
  8. Champion Hero

Champion Hero Simracer

'Technically' speaking, that EDTracker could be built into a set of headphones, no? I was googling and came across a "DIY" kit. I guess you could cut out part of the headband, mount it in that, and run another USB cable, bundled together and then not look like a complete tit (if that's what's bothering some people).

Me, I'll just continue wearing my Mario Hat that I got with my Wii U. Everyone know that makes you faster anyway...

[​IMG]

9. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

I had a play around with it last night, like you say have to tweak it quite a bit but was able to set it up pretty well in the end - although it was all smooth and great looking around in the stationary car with large and small movements, when the car was moving it would seemed a bit "sticky" in its movement - as a result I was unable to drive properly as I lost the sense of what the car was doing

stuck a bit of 3m velcro to my headset (phone cover already had opposite side of velcro for car mounts)

was cool though

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  10. AndrejS

AndrejS Gamer

Have some time to try EdTracker (it really works without additional software in pCars), where can i get this tir4free software?

MrDoedel likes this.
  11. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cql8yzke722jda0/Tir4Fun.rar

its actually TIR4FUN not FREE lol

AndrejS likes this.
  12. AndrejS

AndrejS Gamer

13. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Man I cannot connect my phone to the Windows (8.1 64, wifi connection). I opened the UDP port 5555 in the windows firewall but still no connection. :(

14. nokmond

nokmond Rookie

Did you put the correct ip address in?

15. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Yes. Do I have anything wrong in the setup?

My pc's local ip:
    MYLOCALIP.png

Opentrack settings (I used both 2.3 beta and 2.2 stable release)
    OPENTRACK-SETTINGS.png

The firewall rule:
    FWRULE.png

Keep in mind that both devices are in the same LAN (I can see it from my router's admin page) and I've successfully connected my mobile to the pc with airdroid in the past.
    What's happening there?

PS I tried connecting the pc with another phone (windows phone 8.1) and still got the same results..

16. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I was able to get it working off the bat and had some fun (after getting pretty bad motionsickness).
    My question, not that I need some time to recover, is, "How do I re-enable my look left/right controls?"
    ~Bailey
    EDIT: The Glance buttons work for every F1 camera except the driver head cam.

17. witoldinho

witoldinho Racer

Does it work with real head motion?

18. Bix

Bix Gamer

Nice idea! Gonna try it asap :)

19. nokmond

nokmond Rookie

Correct ip in the Android app?

DriveLikeAViking likes this.
  20. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien