1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

T500rs to CSW

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by GETQUAKEDhallelujah, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Hello everybody , i have a simple question for the owner of the club sport wheel by fanatec.

I have currently the t500rs , th8rs and the fabulous clubsportpedal v2 recently with the 458 GTE wheel but is too small for me .
    So i'm thinking about sell my t500rs and goes to the csw was a good idea . In term of lap times , sensation,fun and for the drift with the m3 GT2 wheel .

I love simracing and racing in general and just want the best for no regret .

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Given the choice ? CSW Base or T500RS ? Mar 2, 2014
    Steering wheels discussions t500rs Nov 3, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Thrustmaster Software + t500rs Nov 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions HUGE DISCOVERY for the T500rs Aug 8, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What ffb configuration with T500rs do you have after patch 1.03? Jul 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Your Setup T500RS PS4 for good feeling??? Jul 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions T500rs steerlock issue fixed with the new patch ??? Jul 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC T500RS FFB not working for ACC Jul 6, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ps4 Thrustmaster t500rs working Jul 4, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster T500rs FFB issues on PS4 (non Pro). Jun 24, 2020
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Thrustmaster T500RS settings Jun 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro Thrustmaster T500RS not working for ACC. Fixes? Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.0.7 Loss of FFB During Game-play T500RS Sep 10, 2019
    ACC User Interface Thrustmaster t500rs D-Pad Jul 31, 2019
    ACC Physics Vehicles power loss with T500RS Jan 17, 2019

3. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

For the best: once more Bodnar ,-)

4. I've been CSW owner since July 2012. Currently my wheel is on its way for service.. ..again. At least fifth time already..

When the wheel is working its wonderful, but think twice is it really worth it. Its not as rigid as it looks. :/

5. I have been a happy owner of Fanatic CSW for more than a year and it has worked perfectly in that period, so from my point of view you will get very some fine equipment :)

6. Skazz

Skazz Racer

There are a few guys who own both or have at least tried them both in AC. I suggest you sign up to various forums and ask around, since there is no guarantee whatsoever that your feedback will be "better" with the CSW, it will just be different.

An alternate option is to use a DSD adapter and mount a bigger rim on your T500RS. Many people do this, either with a DSD adapter and purchasing a car wheel themselves to mount onto it, or for instance Sam Maxwell custom-built wheels. If you look on GTPlanet's T500RS mega-thread you can see lots of options and much praise for the end result.

7. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer

I will mod a 330mm (13") Luisi carwheel to my T500rs. It has different bolt "partition" but just need to drill new holes. And you can make shifters longer just by hammer the orginal ones flat. So wheel 50€+ 6new bolt holes + 1 big hole for the pad and you have totally different wheel again. Depending on wheel, there might be just a little work with grinder so the buttons will fit nicely.

8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I own a Elite, so similar to CSW except for the rim, I have no doubt that in term of laps time a different wheel will not change anything. About the immersion, from what I have read so far, the t500rs is different to the CSW and it is down to preferences.
    It is most likely not worth the expense of changing in your case, except if you really dislike your present wheel.

Leemstradamus and Queequeg like this.
  9. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

Huh, 5x is a lot and requires even more patience for the service. How are you playing it broken m8? Its still the 1st one or you have got an exchange-wheel? Was thinking to catch the csw as well. Read a lot in forums and after 2 long nights I have now the g27. No room for the bodnar ;-) Wish you more luck for the future!

10. fratennis109

fratennis109 Gamer

buy a g25, modify (as you want) by Manufactory. if you want a different shifter and different pedals, buy fanatec (obviously Manufactory, as ArcTeam, make their own pedals and shifters, but they cost a lot, and a lot, and lot..)

11. Trust me. I've thought many times what I am doing wrong... Can't find any answers. FFB motors just keeps dying. I setup my wheel settings to get as much ffb as possible without ANY clipping. So for example on AC I have Spring off, Damper off, Gain from AC 55% and Force from wheel 100 - 180 depending on which car I'm running, Drift mode set to +1. No artificial effects turned on.

Other main title I'm playing is RBR. Damper off, Spring off, Gain from RBR 60-70%, Force from wheel 120-140, Drift mode +1. Autocenter off.

With both games I play mostly with the M3 GT2 rim.

CSW is the first wheel I have had with this kind of issues. Luckily I have my GT3RS V2 still working without any flaws.

12. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer

You play too much ;) Hehe..

It sounds really strange. Is there coolingfans inside?

13. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

Sounds like the motors are too weak for your driving style and the m3 rim :( hope you will get better motors!

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  14. There is two cooling fans inside the wheelbase and I have +20cm of breathing space on both ends of wheelbase.

There is two possible reasons. While rallying I have to make much quicker steering inputs compared to any circuit racing. I don't know is it harder to handle for motors.

Second possible cause could be pretty high room temperature which is usually somewhere around 24 Celsius. I think it has nothing to do with these issues but I can't find any better ones.. :)

How much I'm playing? If you ask from my wife, too much ofcourse. :p But seriously I haven't got too much time because I have a daughter and my daily job.

Edit: After my warranty runs out I'm pretty sure I'm changing those cheap chinese motors. http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-csw-csr-elite-modders-thread-update-1-2014.274631/

15. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

short & intense :cool:

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  16. And what wheel stand you choose for a reasonable budget?
    I thinking about the Fanatec CSL or the Obutto O-Zone or a playseat

17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

There is a 35+ page thread on Gt-Planet regarding new motor mods for the CSW. It seems the Buhler motors will easily outlast and out perform the stock motors but, there is some machining required to make them fit. Upgrade kits may be available in the future.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...e-modders-thread-update-1-2014.274631/page-35

I am a new CSW owner but, I will likely make these mods to my wheel once the warranty runs out.

Leemstradamus and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  18. Obutto is by far the best rig for the money...nothing else comes close...can't wait until I can afford one

19. João Paes

João Paes Rookie

20. The GT omega racing sims to be good to

21. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

Having owned the T500RS which I sold to get the Fanatec Elite, then the CSW I'm back with a T500RS. ;-)

Darren Blythe likes this.