1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

T500rs to CSW

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by GETQUAKEDhallelujah, Jan 27, 2014.

1. can you explain why?

2. Darren Blythe

Darren Blythe Hardcore Simmer

As a tester/reviewer I've been lucky enough to test and own quite a lot of wheels from the bottom end through to high end stuff from Frex and ECCI. My favorite wheel is the T500. In terms of reliability, performance, versatility & value for money you can't beat it. Sure it's not perfect but as a package it's more rounded than anything else out there. It has faster response, more torque and less drag than the CSW. Fanatec undoubtedly have the edge in engineering excellence - the CSW is a masterpiece in design but once the wow factor wore off there were just too many niggles in both ergonomics and performance for me to enjoy it long term.

My CSW sits on the shelf collecting dust with quite a lot of other Fanatec kit that just didn't hit the mark or broke down. Not trying to put you off - The CSW is a fine wheel, but not worth the 'upgrade' from a T500 IMO. You could always spend the cash modding your T500 with an aftermarket rim if you want more realism.

Having said all the the T500 FFB isn't as good as it could be in AC at the moment.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    Wildchild and Cote Dazur like this.
  3. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

Motor failure and fade. The formula rim is amazing, and when you start your session it's amazing, but after that it goes bad...... At the moment I have my T500Rs on a Rseat v2 with it's top off and another fan on it's right hand side. The left no longer kicks in ever when the right is on. No more fade, the last lap always feels as good as the 1st.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  4. thanks for your answer guys , appreciate that . What sort of upgrade are you talking Darren?

5. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

6. Darren Blythe

The simplest and cheapest way is to get an adapter from our friend Derek Spare: http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/wheel-adapters.html

You can then just buy a real racing rim and connect it using the adapter. The downside is that you will lose the buttons on the rim but if you have a button box etc, this might not matter.

I took mine a stage further and added electronics and paddles. Quite a bit more expensive to get the finished article but it feels great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. The csw with the formula rig seems to have very good performance.Most of the CSW users prefer the formula one

Best Iracing player onboard :cool:

8. Darren Blythe

Without a doubt. The Formula rim is much lighter than the BMW rim. Response times are quicker and less natural damping. Lock to lock is faster. The ergonomics are miles better too. Works surprisingly well for all types of car. I even raced ovals with it :)

If you want to get the CSW i'd recommend this as your first choice of rim. I'm a firm believer that what works in the real world doesn't necessarily translate perfectly into a sim environment. The BMW rim feels kinda numb in a lot of situations, especially if you like open wheel racing. :p

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  9. Sure but i don't imagine driving on the Col de joux plane the bmw 1M with this rim , no fun at all :p

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  10. gnr_tb

gnr_tb Racer

I always wonder how you control drifts and unintentional hard slides (like rear wheel on grass unintentionally) with those ridiculous "wheels".

11. Skazz

Skazz Racer

That was the reason why I went for the 458GTE rim as second rim for the T500RS, since it's the same width as the Thrustmaster F1 rim but can be used for cars which need more lock than a formula car. A formula rim is fine if you are a big open wheel fan and won't be doing much else with it, but if you want general purpose it'll keep needing to be switched out.

Of course, I ended up preferring the standard GT rim when drifting or driving any road or GT race cars: The bigger wheel radius seems to give more feedback and the GT rim is 150 grams lighter than the 458GTE rim (no paddles attached to the rim).

12. I wish they sold the T500 without pedals for about $150 cheaper......If anybody knows, what is the main differences between the T500 and the TX something or another that just came out? (other than the new one being xbox 1 compatible)

13. Skazz

Skazz Racer

Go and read up reviews and comparisons on the inside simracing Thrustmaster forums....

Personally I never buy a wheel within the first 6 months of release: pretty much every new wheel has teething troubles, buying after the first production run inevitably avoids most of the problems people are having. The TX is showing some motor issues (unsurprising, it's the first brushless consumer wheel) and shaft strength issues.

14. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

What are the issues with the t500 in AC?

15. I'm sorry for partly hijacking this thread but I have to continue a bit.

I just got email from Fanatec with UPS tracking link. It became so soon after they got my wheelbase that this coming wheelbase has to be brand new. So they didn't repaired the old one as they have done before..

But there's one interesting detail. Shipping weight that has been 7,00 kg previously is now set for 8,00 kg. Its interesting to see is there some differences or is it just a typo...

Leemstradamus and harryorlsen like this.
  16. Skazz

Skazz Racer

We've been discussing it in the T500RS thread. Basically there seems to be some unnecessarily large force applied around car weight transfer causing snap-back and heaviness in the wheel when you try to exit a drift or abruptly counter steer. It's possible to remove this (by lowering the driver periodic setting) but that seems to remove other forces as well. Finding a compromise is currently difficult, but I'm assuming it will be tweaked in future AC releases.

Traind likes this.
  17. Darren Blythe

Exactly this. It's not a deal breaker, but there's definite room for improvement. It's already been improved (a bit) in that last couple of builds.

Traind likes this.
  18. Blue028

Blue028 Gamer

I am lucky enought to own a t500 and a modified csr elite. Both are using real steering wheels, a 330mm sparco and a 350mm nardi on the csr elite aswell (it's all quick release so I can swap around, nardi for drifting sparco for racing) the fanatec is alot smoother than the t500, but has weaker ffb, in AC the fanatec wheels will clip very easily were the t500 can put out more. The fanatec wheels also have the tuning menu which is very handy, but unfortunately AC automatically adjusts the rotation in each car which can be a bit of a hassle. Fanayecs are prone to ffb motor failure due to cheap motors were the t500 uses a very big industrial buhler motor, if you were to buy one of there it would set you back $100 compared to the $5 fanatec motors.

T500=strong, reliable
    Fanatec=smooth, well designed, good for modding

Leemstradamus and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  19. I get the 458GTE to , and i go a bad feeling about it , he's a very small wheel for a closed rig