1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

T500rs to CSW

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by GETQUAKEDhallelujah, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  2. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer

I have liked it so far. Its small wheel but luckily, thats gonna change soon. I just cant drive with orginal GT wheel, cause of the shifters.

3. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

One of the things I have noticed about the thrustmaster t500 is the base seems very large compared to other wheels. It seems like it would put the wheel pretty high on my set up (which is non-adjustable currently) vs. my g25. Any thoughts?

4. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

So I have a quick question as well. I am thinking of buying the t500rs, but apparently there is a new model going to be announced, and the tx has been released recently as well.

So should I still buy the t500 or wait for something newer? Or even buy the tx?

5. Was gonna buy CSW, but will wait for the simxperience accuforce. Hope it will be affordable.

6. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer

Actually, it is not that high. The mounting point is lower than you maight thought. Its bit higher.. Only thing i noticed, it comes far more close to "seat" than G25/27. I had to do small mod to my rig so the wheel goes faraway from me.

Traind likes this.
  7. Darren Blythe

Darren Blythe Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, the base is humongous but it only sits a whisker higher than a G27. Chances are you will barely notice. As wildchild pointed out it does sit a little further forward, so providing you can squeeze an extra couple of inches between your seat and your wheel you should be fine.

Traind likes this.
  8. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer

This was my solution with playseat.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  9. João Paes

João Paes Rookie

I already posted a link to where you could find some great wheels for the T500. Here it goes again:

http://www.sammaxwellcustoms.com/options.php

This guy sells lots of them in the iracing forums.

You can also buy an adapter from Derek Speare Designs and then buy a wheel and adapt.

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/wheel-adapters.html

10. with this DSD Quick Attach Wheel Adapter for T500 Wheels i can mount any wheels and adapt ? incredible

11. Skazz

Skazz Racer

The tricky bit is if you want paddles and buttons. Then you either need skills to build it all yourself, or for instance to move the 458GTE rim's button housing and mount on the new rim, or buy something like the Sam Maxwell stuff which he builds for you.

Take a look at this thread for self build skills: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/t500rs-install.296989/

If you want a good rim for drifting, don't need paddle shifters but will use your H / sequential shifter then the DSD adapter and a nice big rim is probably awesome :)

12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I read that it'll be affordable compared to a Leo Bodnar wheel which is $4000 USD. Some have suggested $2500 - $3000 range but, it's all speculation at this point.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  13. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

So you find the T500rs a much better wheel then ? , can you tell me what the diff is as I have the csr elite and fancy changing to the Trs ?

Cheers

14. TAnker737

TAnker737 Rookie

I currently own the CSW with the BMW rim. It's a great wheel for the money, but if you have a t500 I wouldn't switch.
    Start saving and get a bodnar or Accuforce. I'm Definitely getting a bodnar :)

15. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

I adore my T500. It's going to be a workhorse for years to come, just like the nine years (!) my DFP served.

16. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Thanks guys for all your comments , its a T500rs for me now ........!
    Spend some money tomorrow , lol ....

Ethan Dean likes this.