1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tacticle Tranducers/Bass Shakers and your optimal build

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by per con, May 27, 2016.

1. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

I highly recommend putting them under the pedals. The separation from front to back with SimVibe is really good and you experience the engine and front suspension through your feet and the rear suspension effects throug your seat.

I've experienced no interference from the pedal mounted shakers.

Tberg likes this.
  2. AnToN_CheZ

AnToN_CheZ Rookie

2 seat and 2 pedals best way. No problems with my pedals with the shakers but things may rattle loose should they not be secured tightly enough.

3. Hangon

Hangon Gamer

I agree!..exactly what I have done too..

Attached Files:

4. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Yeah pedals and seat with the tactile/shakers in close proximity to them seems what most go for.
    Never experienced any issues with interference.

Another thing you can do, if desired, with some cars for more authenticity is set the engine to operate from the front or the rear units only. Or you can use both but have one set, stronger in either front and rear.
    Eg a Porsche Vs a Corvette

@Stefan Sparco
    Have a test for you to try out
    regards your excellent choice of amplifier. Here :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  5. neimadmax

neimadmax Racer

for use chassi mode plus extension mode will i need 2 offboard soundcards?

6. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

3 soundcard devices are needed.

1, for game audio this can be a USB card, a USB headset or a GPU set as primary audio device
    1, for Chassis mode (EG an Asus Xonar DGX)
    1, for Extension mode (EG onboard audio)

neimadmax and Cote Dazur like this.
  7. Cuba

Cuba Gamer

Is it possible to run two tactile units on one amp if they operate at different ohm's? Just curious if this amp has a way to separate the channels to allow this. I have a ButtKicker Gamer 2 that runs 2 ohm and want a second transducer which will more than likely be 4 ohm. Would love to drive both of them with one amp. Thx!

8. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Certainly appears to be possible, here is DUAL MONO configuration screen.
    This allows independent operations for the A & B channels. Here you can set the ohm needed, the phase (if the unit is hanging upside down) and wattage limit. Additionally a Crossover, Parametric EQ and/or Dynamic EQ if desired individually for each channel or unit being used.

Below is an example of 2 ohm limited to 225 watts and 4 ohm limited to 100 watts.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Cuba likes this.
  9. Alpinefd

Alpinefd Racer

just started using simxperience 4 with 4 buttkicker mini lfe in chassis mode.
    has anyone played with output tuning wizard?

10. AnToN_CheZ

AnToN_CheZ Rookie

I would go into the users club and download Mr Latte's FXXL file from Assetto Corsa. Start there. Many hundreds of hours have gone into that profile. I use it and have it running on all my Sims with minimal adjustments for each.

Pretend racer likes this.
  11. Alpinefd

Alpinefd Racer

using the output tuning wizard and loading one of the lap telemetry got the effects pretty well dialed in right off the bat ! wow !

can you please point me to MrLatte's file on the owners club? would love to try it.

12. AnToN_CheZ

AnToN_CheZ Rookie

If you have never used Simvibe before then I can imagine that the auto tuner probably seems like it has done a good job. I have done much testing in quite a few sims to get the settings I came up with, then then Mr Latte just blew mine out of the water. He used like full hardware, audiophile grade stuff I think, to monitor all the tones and frequencies and match what the sim was outputting. Way too complicated for me to explain, I think if you scroll back a bit in this thread, you will see what he was doing. Anyway, if you go to New in the control panel, and select 'from owners club' you will get to download the files from people that have uploaded them. I have one or more in there. Go to Assetto Corsa, and leave the other drop boxes blank, you don't need to select anything. Then you should have around 4 pages of profiles, if you go to the last page, and download the one that has all the text written in the box there, called Porsche 911 / FXXL V1.3, that's the one. I have basically used this for all the sims I race in, just duplicate it and select a different sim to let Simcommander allocate it upon restarting. You should be able to work it out.

13. Alpinefd

Alpinefd Racer

thank you mrlatte ! with the FXX setup, I can feel the road texture very well !! amazing stuff, thanks for sharing it with us

one thing I noticed with the FXX setup was that eventho the road texture feel is amazing, i'm losing abit of feel over the curbs, rumble strips, and when a wheel dip in the dirt.
    this could be due to my transducer setup. any idea what setting I should use to bump up these feels?

14. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Hey, Alpinefd
    Have, cut back the amount of time I generally spend on forums and rather than have me comment on things in different threads on various forums.
    I opted to do a series of tactile/Simvibe related threads @Race Department. I recently opened (as of a day ago) a general discussion thread on everything tactile.
    You would be welcome to chat about the bumps or anything you want there and others may also bring forth their own experiences settings etc.

Regards that FXX profile it was part experiment, with some others. It's not really configured to be used for all cars, as I firmly believe it's possible with enough experience to create specific profiles more akin to the real individual cars being used.
    In that profile, the main focus is on the engine but does use pretty decent settings for other bumps etc.

Simvibe is also very much about what you put in as to what you get out of it.
    Auto-Tune currently will not make poor settings good. "Intelligent Peaks" is mainly to help prevent "Clipping" and excessive energy going to the units. This is why it dials back the settings if too high. It can't tell what frequencies may operate best on the users own choosen tactile hardware and then attribute these automatically to the effect/layers. Besides even then its nice to have the manual ability to configure to personal preference.

For this profile, I purposely did not use "Engine & Harmonics" mode nor the "RPM Quad-Stream" mode as it was an experiment to see what could be done in creating an engine from basically nothing. By creating individual tones/layers for what was wanted to represent that cars engine. These then generate their own harmonics naturally based on what is used for the fundamental frequency. So in that profile, it was even attempted to generate harmonics/tone that were akin to a Porsche 911 engine.

There was meant to be an image that labeled what each layer represented but it never came about, such would have helped as we cant name them in Simvibe

I can tell you that Simvibe has the ability, regards engine details/characteristics to take things still even further and have additional engines profiles more representative to other real cars.
    Also to incorporate other engine effects (for reduced layers) and really this profile is held back from what I have achieved with additional private testing.

One issue at the moment is "RPM Quad Stream" not having the "Filter Tab" so we cannot set with these certain controls we can with standard layers.
    It would be much better/easier if this could be added to then contain 4 layers in one simple screen and control these layers as can be done with the single standard ones.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Rosko likes this.