1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tacticle Tranducers/Bass Shakers and your optimal build

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by per con, May 27, 2016.

1. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Okay back from a test of laps and settings.

If I was to use only 2 tactile on a seat for stereo I would use CM and turn the volume sliders for the unused rear channels all the way down.
    This way it would avoid any issues with a troublesome soundcard/drivers or windows settings that Simvibe is meant to honour.

Take note, I can confirm looking at the monitoring I use that FRONT channels on CM can produce better stereo separation than the REAR channels.
    I would also ensure that "channel blending" is turned off in the Simvibe configuration.

Perhaps it is best to not rule out the possibility of different cars own physics being a factor or if some cars may produce better/worse stereo separation either.
    At this moment I cannot say with certainty if such is or is not a factor. It is still unclear yet what different cars with varying physics may do regards a "Universal" setting.

So here is proof of what I am finding.
    Notice both the right front and rear channels are turned down.
    The car is going over a right hand curb but what is my monitoring clearly showing on the left.

I should not be feeling anything or seeing much response on the left. This is why I am telling you guys to physically check.

Do not think its an issue with my soundcard or config particularly as with certain settings it seems the separation can be improved.

[​IMG]

Below is with a setting I know works better.
    Notice all CM channels are active. Same corner (going correct way this time) just ignore the slow speeds as capture taken when braking after the actual curb.

This time you can see the front left is accurate with very little trace on the front right so it has proper stereo.
    The rear with this car/setting example is not working just so well showing a response. The bright yellow indicates the strength and you can also see the small meters and oscilloscope also showing activity (except on the front right).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Yep, I wasn't imagining things. Driving slowly over rumble strip with left or right wheel shows different signal level on amp meters. So it's working as designed I guess. I am using chassis mode with two transducers as described here http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/8738-is-stereo-simvibe-worth-it/?do=findComment&comment=159767
    Using 5.1 speaker setup in Windows is important or you'll get either mono if Stereo config, or signal for front only in Quadraphonic.

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

And you can also capture telemetry and do visual lap analyzer in SimCommander, it shows what gets fed to left/right/front/rear suspension.
    I think in general even with full independent suspension, driving wheels are more solidly connected to each other due to differential in between, thus more "channel blending" (also make sure you don't have this option checked in your SimVibe Chassis settings)

4. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Thanks for checking although you have not stated what settings Andrew that you are using for Suspension Bumps and this is very much relevant.

Like your thinking but if assuming a factor for the stereo operation is wheel driven based then shouldnt a FWD car have the issue up front? This is not the case as I looked at this previously on prior testing.
    The rears responding less well may just be down to the physics and the front wheels being affected first as the energy from the front transfers? I can look into this if requested for a FWD car again but believe the result was the same from what I seen.

If you add a new "default" effect and tell me you are getting perfect stereo from it then I find this hard to understand, seeing what I see my end.

A default setting for Suspension Bumps is very active even from low speeds.
    Are you aware that the effect responds to not just track elements but actually, from your steering input?
    Possibly causing body roll from the cars physics but not certain.
    If you constantly turn the steering L/R rapidly even at 2mph you should get an almost constant response to the tactile for L/R (especially with a default effect).

Regards the telemetry data feature it isn't ideal for this as it tells us nothing about the audio signal Simvibe is outputting from the soundcard to the tactile/shakers.
    Not sure on how your amps indicators work regards their sensitivity or delay times or if what your seeing is a result of your steering input (not just a curb).

What I can confirm is that the DAW and plugins I use are reporting only a minor 5ms delay time coming from the soundcard and back into the PC via USB.
    Being professional audio based software/hardware, these are set to be very accurate for anything happening on the associated channel.

Hardware or Software Setting?
    You are stating the issue may be card configuration based and reporting perfect results related on using only stereo via CM.
    What I am finding is the issue is not related to configuration but the actual effect settings determining how well or if not the directional stereo operates properly.

I have tested stereo separation on:
    Stereo Two Channel
    Quad
    5.1 *
    7.1 *

* With all other speakers removed except Quad and it configured to full range.

In all these cases it makes no difference for me at all.
    Yet by swapping "Front & Rear Suspension Bumps" from default to my own custom settings always shows the improvement.

Appreciate anyone that feels are getting proper stereo to share their settings and to (add) to test a new "default Suspension effect" for consistency even state the car and track used.

I very much would like to try and find more clarification on this issue.
    Whos willing to disconnect other tactile and testing only that one individual corner with L/R curbs?

Thanks for responses...

5. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Will upload a temporary video highlighting my point in case for people's consideration/opinion.

Edit

Activity example of Suspension Bumps:
    Front channels only for this example.

1st start is using "Default Suspension Bump Effect" then reverse
    2nd start is using my own "Suspension Bump Effect" settings

Notice the difference ? :)
    See how ultra sensitive it is with default

No changes to the sound card configuration are made.

As previously stated my configuration is not operating properly in stereo unless the effect is using quite specific settings. Outside of theses values, it generates channel leakage into the opposite channel for grass/curbs etc.

I believe the issue is the over sensitivity and with higher speeds/forces this naturally causes the energy to transfer into the other side but it should not be a factor for slower corners etc.

*Channel blending is also disabled within hardware configuration.
    All channels are operating as expected.

Back to you guys....

6. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Even though you have selected Quad in windows audio settings, have you opened your soundcard software and selected 4channels here?

7. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Yes mate as the image above shows Quad channels and states 4 Speakers.
    Like I say my channels ARE working fine with tests in windows, the soundcard or Simvibe for each CM channel.

Here is current setup.
    [​IMG]

I tried configuring windows 10 for Quad & 5.1 with matching the Soundcard Speaker Output for each and the results are the same. Channels are perfect match for audio outputs 4/4.

Assuming it is a config issue does not explain how by altering the "Suspension Bump Effect" settings is making the difference and I can see each wheel responding to on/off track thud.
    That confirms each channel is operating fine. It is why I have to query people saying oh it works perfect 100%. Share your settings I will try them.

I await to see what you guys find with testing the effect going over bumps (without steering) or two wheels on grass (without steering).
    This way it highlights the response from track surface only and not being affected also by steering input which clearly has been illustrated as one way they operate with high sensitivity like the default 99%.

8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Sorry, I have to read up on your posts again, as I´m confused to what the problem is :p

not today though.

cheers

9. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

One option I have looked into for some of you if you want to try.
    Usually to see windows or a soundcard output in L/R requires an audio based utility for such.

Simvibe generally prevents I believe other apps using the sound card it is using.
    So you can't then monitor what's happening on 3rd party apps with the audio internally.

This does not prevent a user from outputting the "Green" front stereo channels and it going back into the soundcards LINE IN. From here you could then use a utility like below.

I suggest anyone only use this for monitoring but it will work and show L/R channels
    Free Demo btw I am not in any way linked to this utility up to any of you if you want to use it

Simply from Soundcard option select your "source input" and "audio output"
    For me this was "LINE IN" & "NVIDIA HDMI OUT"

Link

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Did you check telemetry log. Just enable capture, drive a few laps and inspect in Visual Lap Analyzer.
    There is always some channel blending, more in rear vs front, but this is how real cars are. Even in ideal world one wheel suspension never works in full isolation. And in AC FFB and I would assume telemetry are generated off suspension model.

11. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

I will look at it Andrew but you have to understand I am seeing/showing direct Simvibe output.
    Still waiting on some of you to do the test as asked or to submit your settings, I do not believe my configuration to be incorrectly configured or a hardware fault.

It has been shared for you guys to correct if wrong.

12. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Another utility from that company is the Spectrum Analyzer Pro LAB (which may be better for only monitoring)
    It also works and easy to setup.

Link

13. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

you forgot the link

14. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Fixed link.

Will look into my own setup as its just weird.

15. Psit

Psit Alien

So yeah i will act like i didn't see any of your posts because i got so confused and just say this:

I decided to use road bumps and vertical texture effect on one buttkicker and engine vibration on the other.
    This way i am getting a good feel of the 3D kerbs, but nothing when going over flat kerbs (can i do anything to fix this?), also when the chassis of the car is getting some good bumps i also feel those and seems nice to me for now.

Do you think the BK with the 2 effects is going to get overwhelmed?
    Should i split these 2 effects between the 2 units?
    It is difficult to do testing when i am alone and there is not much time to test...

The only thing i didnt test is Chassis mode since both units are under my seat and very close to each other.

16. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Psit

Explain flat curbs?
    Flat type green segments and storm drains only work on (audio tactile) as they have no telemetry data.

Some tracks have various curbs types/shapes/sizes and will generate different sensations based on their own telemetry data they have including the cars physics loads/speed you are traveling are also factors. What you end up feeling will be in correspondence to your settings like Sensitivity, Big/Sml values and dynamic tone adjustment as to what output you may get and what the tactile will do.

Previous guides stated that some effects may work on/off track type basis or via specific surfaces and this is completely inaccurate.

I need to step back and try and sort my own issue, hogging the thread enough recently.

17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

When you enable Curb Effects in FFB that should add steering wheel rumble to flat curbs. I don't use those just wondering if it also translated to telemetry, can you try.

racerg likes this.
  18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

You can try Assetto Corsa default profile, it works the same for me.
    I don't kill myself with simvibe tuning, rather spend that little time I have racing, so it's always auto generated off telemetry data profiles for me, I just have a handful for different types of cars.
    Not saying it's perfect but good enough, what transducers are missing I get from OSW wheel. :)

racerg likes this.
  19. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Does anyone use simvibe for driving ques? I don't, it's purely immersion for me.

Andrew_WOT and Psit like this.
  20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

No, if anything it can be a distraction.
    Steering wheel communicates much more accurate and useful information.
    Transducers are just for some butt tickling.