1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tacticle Tranducers/Bass Shakers and your optimal build

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by per con, May 27, 2016.

1. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

I fail to see what is intelligent about you bashing Behringer amps and the DSP features just because you wanted to buy something else.

Regards the DSP controls, you clearly do not grasp the difference in altering specific frequencies amplitude and being able to re-shape the Q of these compared to using only a general volume control over the whole dynamic range.
    To say that is overrated, when it lets a user boost or cut exact frequencies to what either suits their model of the tactile unit, their own preference, and installation or even desired mood IS worth having.

Just like advanced crossover control, digital wattage limiter, gain control, on-screen display and PC operation are also benefits. These are nothing to do with my opinion but facts of the actual products features or abilities.
    I am not being a smarty pants here, just correcting you on things that clearly are not the case from an owners perspective.

Thanks for the advice...
    I am finished this was the last bean.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

A little off-topic, I've seen this thread a few times bumped now on the board and I always read the topic as "Testicle Tranducers". In a way it made even sense. :eek:

AmorFati and liakjim like this.
  3. Yes, it's true. Some frequencies make your balls vibrate :D:D:D.

4. Psit

Psit Alien

I just finished the installation, now i am waiting for the 2nd sound card and should be good to go.

Tried using my Simcommander 3 cd key but didnt work for simcommander 4, anyone knows if this is normal?

Also, some pics: https://goo.gl/photos/tTZCnyC86yek7ohY9

If anyone has any nice ideas on what settings / effects to use on Simvibe keeping in mind the place they are mounted, let me know :)

liakjim likes this.
  5. Psit likes this.
  6. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

There is(at least there used to be) a free upgrade to Simcommander 4, you have to log onto the site via your user account and it will have the key for SimCommander 4. It is an entirely different key.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Telemetry based auto profile creation is pretty good. I rarely had to do anything else.
    http://simxperience.com/Community/S...omated-AccuForce-Motion-SimVibe-Settings.aspx
    For two transducers make sure to configure sound device in windows as 5.1 and uncheck all but front speakers, this way Windows will route front/back, left/right signal properly to stereo setup.

Your direct bolt on to seat bottom. Did you test it already, looks like it might resonate quite a bit.

Usually you want to mount them to something resonance absorbing, like MDF board or this is what I did to fight unwanted harmonics.

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/16251-rseat-rs1-replacement-seat/?do=findComment&comment=166749

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Psit likes this.
  8. Psit

Psit Alien

Just DOUBLE checked, damn it man thank you i didnt see it at first.

I tried them already, there is no issue with resonance when i am sitting on the chair, getting some noise if noone is on it but all is ok.

Will actually try to dial it in when my extra sound card arrives.

9. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

I noticed for me when trying Auto Tune while I am not bashing it found that it tended to ruin (my previous manual settings) having proper stereo positioning for L/R suspension effects. Auto Tune resulted in allowing leakage from each channel to go into the other seemingly more often/easy than my manual configuration.

Know why this is but curious if others noticed that left curbs are also on right and right are also on left with suspension bumps & textures which support stereo.
    (Needs to be tested with no other effects)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  10. Psit

Psit Alien

You seem to already use 2 kickers on the seat.
    I think i must not overwhelm them and only use 1-2 effects per kicker, what do you think is most worth it for AC ?
    Road texture + impacts for one of them and surges + gear changes for the other one perhaps?
    Come on, save me some time :)

What i really want is to have the buttkickers immerse me some more without having too many effects attracting my attention.

I want to feel the road bumps, the kerbs a little gear change kick doesnt hurt either :)
    Generally, a realistic implementation that you get in your real car and not a ****load of info coming from the buttkickers.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I like to limit transducers to about 2-3 effects per channel but, it depends on the frequency of those effects and how well each unit can handle them and how often those effects occur. With 2 units mounted to the seat, I would want to determine how effective the channel separation is between both units; in stereo (Chassis Mode), I want sufficient separation to be able to identify which side the effects are occurring on. If that's not very effective, then assign each transducer vibe-duties that are less similar; ex., one for engine & shift effects, the other for road bumps and suspension.

Another way of splitting duties with greater effectiveness is to utilize different size transducers which feature varied ranges of frequencies; i.e., high vs. low frequencies. By doing so, you can achieve a broader range of vibe effects across the tactile spectrum IMO.

12. Psit

Psit Alien

That's what i thought too.
    I am not using Chassis mode, because they are both very near to each other under the seat.
    I will now test:
    BK #1 = Road texture + Impacts
    BK #2 = Road bumps + Vertical surges

What i am sure of is :
    I should not use Front / rear suspension bumps / texture because those are meant for chassis mode.

What i am not sure of is :
    Bumps or surge? Or both? On same transducer or not?
    Road texture or vertical texture, or both? On same transducer or not?

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Road Bumps / Road Texture / Vertical Surges have somewhat different characteristics and not all are supported in all titles. 1st, you want to determine what works within a title, and then test or research how the effects are covered in SC4. I generally start by testing Road Bumps but, AMS and rF2 seem to work pretty well using Vertical Surges and maybe some light amount of texture. AC works with Road Bumps just fine but, I also use the Speed-based filter so the Bump-effects strength increases relative to the speed.

14. Psit

Psit Alien

Thanks, for now i decided to use Road bumps and gear change on one buttkicker and Vertical Texture on the other.
    This gives me the effect i am looking for (***-feel i call it), also wanted to combine the vertical texture with engine vibration but when i try to use the RPM filter to make the volume higher, it doesnt work (i get 0 output)

15. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

I think people's ideal effects and settings vary on personal preference.
    With a good combination and settings you should easily be able to use 4-5 effects per unit without losing much detail.

The main factor with Simvibe effects is the Sensitivity level being used to determine the amount of activity and intensity for the generated effect.
    A higher sensitivity greatly imposes much more work for the tactile to do. Compound this with more and more effects, again possibly with high Sensitivity levels = arrrghhhhhh.

Adding additional layers also has a similar increase on the operation of the unit.

Various effects have a vast difference in how much they individually will strain a unit and taking into account the sensitivity level applied. So yes good grouping for a single unit is a wise decision.

Road Bumps
    Road Textures
    Vertical Surges
    Vertical Textures

This is probably the best combination for an EM based config for curb and some surface detailing. Although EM may not support all of these, it seems many effects for EM are selectable in Assetto Corsa when I believe they should not be possible to add if not supported.
    Perhaps a report and update from SimX will fix this.

How you set the Hz values for the effect makes a big difference as some effects seem to have specific usage in how they operate. In this case I'd give the VS the lowest or best Hz you can as they will produce the strongest chassis feeling from curbs. RB are best with medium felt response so use what you feel are suitable Hz for them. You might be surprised by how limited they operate on main tarmac.

Impacts in this title offer virtually no response from the main tarmac. For this title their best usage is limiting the sensitivity for collision/crashes. I believe all effect respond to crashes anyways. Suspension Bump Surges offers by far the most tarmac detail but it can be rather constant and overbearing.

@Dean Ogurek as for stereo operation with suspension effect, not a single profile I downloaded (from over 12) had properly working stereo suspension.
    I don't know if it's an Assetto Corsa thing or in other titles but for sure for me anyways this title requires quite specific settings to have good working stereo.

Either I am delusional (quite possible) or lots of people think they have stereo working in this title when perhaps it might not be.

If you want, please try adding a new default suspension effect, these do not work properly in stereo neither but for me apply to BOTH channels at the same time.
    Check if you will by feeling a unit on the opposite side if this is happening to yours.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Dean Ogurek likes this.
  16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

17. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Andrew will you please physically touch/hold a unit on the opposite side when going over some curbs.
    I don't think this matters in this title with 2 or 4 channels and list me your settings for suspension bumps please.

Will check my end again with using either front or rear only channels, with using only 2 channels from a CM it is best to use the front set even on a seat.

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

After you said that, I will double check for sure. Will post later. :)
    Should see right away on Windows or amp signal indicator.

19. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Are you sure you´ve set it up for quadraphonic, 4 channels?
    Mine works in "stereo", well quadraphonic that is, each corner having independant tactile feedback. Else I would feel I´ve kindda wasted having run 4 shakers for more than a year.

20. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

I defo have stereo suspension effects on 2 shakers, can 100% feel the kerbs only coming through one side and both shakers are very close on the back of my seat.