1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tacticle Tranducers/Bass Shakers and your optimal build

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by per con, May 27, 2016.

1. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Does anyone have any experience of X-Sim Software rather than SimVibe/SimCommander Software to interface between AC and the Transducers?

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

IIRC, that has very good motion support but, little to no Vibe effects like SimVibe does.

gandlers likes this.
  3. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

there is apparently a Bass Shaker Plugin, but having has a quick look at the interface of the extractor and converter software, I decided that my tired head cant cope with overly complex software tonight!

4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Having used
    Having used SimVibe / SimCommander over the last couple of years, I can definitely say that it is really good if you want proper vibe effects based on game-physics; SimXperience strives to create new features and effects and improve the software regularly. They also just created new Engine-vibe effects and have some other new things in development. Learning SC4 can seem daunting at first but, it's really not that difficult once you have spent some time trying various effects and begin to understand how they work.

5. Psit

Psit Alien

Thank you for the extensive reply, i will definitly look at the link you provided too.

What i mostly wanted to ask is, will the amps in my links work, do i need 4 channels in order to bridge them and give more wattage to the 2 buttkikers?
    Concerning the placement, i will probably mount the second kicker on my seat aswell, i will place one on left side and one on right side, what do you think.

6. I tried my two shakers in different places on my rig and ended up putting them both under my seat in left/right positions. I didn't think much of the pedal position. Having the power of both under the seat was better for me.

Not sure about those amps but I can give another vote for the iNuke series, I use the DSP version of the NU1000 for my shakers.

7. Psit

Psit Alien

I dont want to spend too much on the amp since i am not sure i will keep the buttkickers to be honest.
    I can't find out if these amp's freq range starts from low 5hz though.

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Few amps seem to be able to go that low and yes, I suspect you'll get best results with both shakers under your seat. That low range is only really effective with the big transducers so the typical range should be fine for what you are using, I'm just not sure how the power will be for you. Bridged mode should put you in decent range but, still not taking full advantage of what the shakers can do I suspect.

9. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

I do not believe there is a better amp for tactile for the money than the Inuke DSP 1000
    Reasons:

It can deliver bass/wattage as well as any amp in its price range and do so with less distortion.
    The DSP features: Digital Wattage Limiter / Crossover / Input Gain / Parametric EQ & Graphic EQ with programmable memory settings.
    These are VERY beneficial for controlling your shakers/tactile.

This amp will operate 2ohm / 4ohm / 8ohm making it a superb amp to start with basic/cheaper tactile and upgrade later if you wish.
    (BK Gamer or Concert Units = 2ohm / Most tactile are 4ohm / Dayton Puc TT25-8 8ohm)
    Works in Dual Mono / Stereo or Bridged Modes (these allow different settings/modes on each channel if required)

With Simvibe this amp can even power 2x full-size BK LFE in STEREO or DUAL MONO quite comfortably at 3/4 volume and produce a superb and strong sensation for stereo in seat or one unit in seat and pedals.
    It also offers PC control via USB and free software

Chassis Mode not always best?
    The popular choice to buy 4x mini lfe and 2 amps with additional soundcard and more cables etc. Yet do you know, it is not only cheaper but a much greater immersion performance is possible with buying 1x inuke dsp 1000 and 2 full-size LFE units instead?

You won't get stereo but the presence and power delivery will by far exceed what the 4 smaller units can produce. Stereo in Chassis Mode is nice but only 2 effects in Simvibe's full arsenal of tricks actually produce it properly. While I enjoy it, perhaps it is over-rated as many of the effects can produce much greater immersion than suspension bumps/textures can.

Just something for possibly someone in future to consider.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    matjas92, Dean Ogurek and Andrew_WOT like this.
  10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I think there are.
    Crown XLS1002 is one.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011TI97VE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Comparable spec with DSP capability, but you get Crown quality, good looking full metal case, super quiet load sensitive fan, and more traditional input/outputs
    [​IMG]

11. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Nice try Andrew but if going by amazon it's just over $100 more and in UK/Europe is twice the price of the Inuke DSP 1000
    It may actually be a really good amp if anything very similar. 

12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Lol, yeah, it might be cheaper on this side of the pond, esp. if you find a deal. Just another option to put on your nice compilation of amps on GTPlanet.

13. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Yes but like I said for the money the features and performance of the inuke dsp 1000 seem to be one if not the best available. I certainly haven't come across another option at the price, or less that is as good but do see popular choices like the Dayton APA 150 that may be similar money but nowhere near as good in performance, options or value.

You still using the SMSL SA98E for your Buttkickers, if so how's that holding up?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It was surprisingly great, kicking amazing power for it's size, still alive, no issues at all. And I will definitely keep it in case I decide to add extra transducers.
    Out of curiosity after long and painful research on audiophile forums for best budget quality power amp, Crown XLS DriveCore 2 came to the top, with almost everyone bashing Behringer brand for low durability, poor build quality and high floor and fan noise.
    I was able to find it at a killer deal, essentially just $15 over iNuke 1000 DSP.
    And man, it exceeded all my expectations. Tried it with speakers first, superb, whistle clean, powerful sound.
    Quality of build is impeccable, all metal, build literally like a tank. And does it look good on my desk.
    Fan is whisper quiet and turns on only when you overdrive the amp, which only happened to me once during some testing with test tones, regular operations it's just off.
    DSP menu with bunch of settings for crossover, low, high, band filter, bridge, input sensitivity, led controls, etc.

Just saying that for someone looking for a new power amp, there is a new kid in the town, and while it is marginally more expensive you are getting much better amp from recognized brand.

15. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

If you go on Audiophile based forums what do you expect to find Andrew?
    I am well aware of both brands and Crown as a manufacturer are much better regarded and offer a great deal more "high quality" products.

Behringer are not typically high end and the inuke series of products, in general, are low-mid priced.
    If you got a nicely priced deal, that's great I have no problems expecting it to be a good amp as already stated. People can buy whatever they choose or they feel suits them, all I have done is highlight a product that offers good performance, great spec at a decent price.

If your saying the Crown XLS model is a "proper amp" or better for tactile than the inuke , yet the specs don't seem to show much benefits with tactile usage.
    As I have not tried one, but I certainly have not seen any comparison as yet based on tactile performance or differences in the DSP features.

So when can we expect to see you do a thread somewhere and highlight how much better it is over your SMSL? Would like to see what its DSP features offer as its hard finding much on those.

A query I have is, as it does not seem to offer the excellent HiQnet Audio Architect and iOS apps wifi based control of higher end models. It also does not seem to have USB or PC software like the inuke DSP models. One thing I really appreciate is the Behringer "Remote Connect" software. Which is handy for tuning the amp when using Simvibe on the fly and I use it on a secondary touchscreen monitor.

Does this Crown model need to be controlled from the front panel, if so then thats a drawback surely?

Again the biggest issue here is price. If you get one for slightly more then yes certainly looks nicer and no doubt will perform well. Yet if you have to pay more than double, sorry but I don't see many people in UK/Europe buying one at £315 compared to £147 (links in prices) for what looks a very similar product for tactile and only using up to just over 100Hz.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  16. It would be a right pain in the neck if I had to use the little screen in the amp to control it's DSP features. The desktop app running on a second monitor makes things much easier.
    I find the DSP really useful in that I can make my shakers operate in a range were they produce a quiet but powerful rumble and not have to put up with any noisy rattling.

[​IMG]

Mr Latte and Dean Ogurek like this.
  17. Psit

Psit Alien

Guys i just asked if the amp i was linking would be enough for the buttkickers, i came back and saw a ****load of text trying to convince eachother which amp is the best :p

I just received the amp, will put it in a box and connect all **** up and let you know what happened on Satuday ;)

Are 50W RMS enough for the mini LFE's or should i go for full juice @ 100?

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

The value of DSP with SimVibe that allows full control over frequency, power, and filters for individual effects is seriously overrated. And even if you want to exclude some resonating frequency globally, you probably do it just once.

19. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

I think you will want more than 50W
    The official specs state I believe a minimum of about 60w but with a strong source like Simvibe it may work with a bit less.

@Andrew_WOT well, that's your opinion.
    Why don't you quit with the brand and feature bashing when you clearly do not have proper experience with it. Let's agree to disagree. I don't want a debate on the matter.

@Stefan Sparco yes totally agree and why I questioned it about his own recommendation or preference of model.
    People don't need to use the features but there certainly are advantages with what it offers if people take time to learn to use them

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

LOL, nice turn in what seemed like an intelligent conversation at first.
    Not having proper experience with what, audio equipment, Simvibe tuning, or Behringer iNuke shilling. As you are clearly a world class expert on the latter.
    May me you need to quit doing that on each and every forum on the net. How about that?