1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The best wheel for ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Silentsnoop, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Silentsnoop

Silentsnoop Racer

hey,
    before 2 months i selled my t500.

since them anything wrong in my life :S

i really miss to drive the lotus formula car.

i want come back into racing.
    what is the best wheel?
    i readed tests the clubsport formula rim is to small and the bmw to big.
    how about the new thrustmaster?
    anyone got the new madcatz?

are there more wheels with formula rim?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Best Wheels to Play Assetto Corsa Competizione Aug 18, 2021
    Console Lounge best wheel May 27, 2018
    Chit Chat Room This is obviously the BEST steering wheel in the world (joke) Mar 2, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Fanatec Porsche GT2 (GT3RS and similar wheels in series). Settings. Best firmware and drivers. Oct 22, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Best Setup for running Assetto on a PS4 using a Maxrace F1-V5 Adaptor and a G27 Wheel! Dec 8, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions Best settings for Thrustmaster wheels Aug 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What's the best wheel stand for cheap? May 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Best cheap wheel with 260° Jul 31, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Best price-performance wheel? Mar 14, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Best version of Sebring Jan 6, 2024
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    General modding discussion Whats the best way to use mods for AC ? Feb 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Best way to setup reverse grid-second races offline? Jul 5, 2022

3. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

RE: CSW rims - I really enjoy both the clubsport formula and BMW wheel rims and think both sizes are very nice. The formula rim transfers more torque than the BMW rim at the same FFB strength due to having lower inertia. I find having both is a huge luxury, but if I had to pick one I'd pick the BMW rim, more versatile. A lot of guys go with the formula due to more pronounced FFB and preference for open wheelers or cars that specifically use a formula style wheel IRL. My 2!

Vampire likes this.
  4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

HI all.
    I have an ancient MICRO-SOFT wheel and pedals, don't laugh.:)
    My question is, do FFB wheels help with feeling a car breaking into over steer ?

Thanks for any and all input, LATE4APEX

5. TCLF

TCLF Alien

We won't laugh, we all started like that.

Short answer: yes
    long answer: hell yes

Queequeg likes this.
  6. You didn't say what was your budget ?

7. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Not sure what's out there, but want something reliable and accurate, don't need a shifter, to keep costs down.
    Not big bucks.
    What would you recommend.

LATE4APEX

8. alex72

alex72 Alien

DFGT, G25 or G27.

If on a budget then DFGT. It has decent feel and strong FFB. Toyish sequencial stick + pedals, but stick and pedals can be upgraded later with better stuff when you get the cash like the Fanatec elite pedals and either Fanatec shifter or Thrustmaster. The DFGT wheel is a good budget/start out wheel.

If you have little more money then G25 or G27. I would save up a little more and go for G27 of the two though. But it cost a little more than twice the DFGT. For that you get "smooth" FFB and better shifter + pedals. If lucky you can find maybe a used one with warranty still for a good price. Lots of people who give up racing when meeting a partner (got my DFGT less than half price with warranty for that exact reason lol) and therefor selling their gear cheaper to get rid of it. :mad: :D

9. Skazz

Skazz Racer

The best wheel is one of those €2000-5000 direct drive wheels, e.g. Bodnar or the soon to be released Accuforce. :)

There are now two new Thrustmaster wheels: the TX for PC and Xbox One, and the T300RS which has the same brushless motor as the TX but it's for PS3/PS4 and PC, due for release in August. Both have mediocre pedals so you'd want to purchase better pedals (Thrustmaster has various add on pedal sets now) and I assume also the F1 rim. Supposedly those brushless motors feel good, I've never had the chance to try one so not sure.

Fanatec has just launched a huge array of new rims for the Clubsport wheel, so the choice is now vast. Their selection includes a universal hub to which you can attach any after market car rim you fancy. If you want maximum versatility you could look into the hub plus some kind of rim exactly to your needs.

ISR did an unboxing of the MadCatz wheel for Xbox One this week: looks very very plastic. No competition for the TX, and doesn't mention PC support.

If I were you with your T500RS experience I'd look either at the T300RS, T500RS or Clubsport with universal hub. But if you just want to get back into simracing then you could easily go and buy a G27 and enjoy yourself fine with it.

Radek Zukowski likes this.
  10. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

If you used your t500 a lot i think you will be dissapointed getting a g27.

I bought a t500 and after about 40/50 hours of use i went to my friends and booted up ac and played on his g27.. It felt so plastic and detatched ffb in comparision .. Oh and it was rattly and clattering its brains out.

11. Vampire

Vampire Alien

My thoughts exactly - the sizes are very realistic..not 'too big or and too small' respectively. Is a real luxury having both and swapping in 30 seconds!

As IDLH said, the weights of the wheels actually works for them, generally cars that you use the BMW rim for have power steering or 'heavier' steering, like the MP4-12C and other road cars etc (I don't drive the BMW GT2 car). Whereas the cars I use the Formula rim for you would expect stronger more sensitive FFB such as the open wheelers and the GT3 McLaren etc, and by virtue of it's lighter weight it feels like this over the BMW rim without changing anything!

I guess I am just biased hehe, but if you have the cash then I highly recommend a CSW and BMW/Formula rims! I would personally rate the Fanatec CSW well above the Trustmaster wheels, but they are ok.
    I had a Fanatec GT3RS V2 for a while and was quite nice but very 'muted' like a road car. Also had a DFGT for a while, and for the money it is a very good wheel, same internals as the G27 so the FFB is very notchy, loud and slow - but hey it's 900 deg rotation and cheap...pedals suck thou (I never used them!).

12. If you have some money to spent, go with CSW + whatever rim you like (universal wheel hub + whaterver you like or something from fanatec's products). If you don't have that much to spent, go with T500. I guess you'd be dissapointed with G27 since you had t500.
    Or wait for AccuForce for about 2000$, it will be probably the best high end wheel for the money.

13. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Anybody have any opinions or experience with the Ferrari F430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel ?

Seems to have the latest, except brushless motors, tech, and reasonably priced.

LATE4APEX

14. Vampire

Vampire Alien

You mean the latest Thrustmaster 430 wheel? Only has 270 degrees of rotation - so no good for Assetto Corsa I am afraid.

15. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Thanks for your reply, YA, that one.
    My old Micro-soft wheel only has 180 degrees of rotation, and AC had no problem setting it up, recognised that it was a 180 degree wheel, and works well for me.

LATE4APEX

16. Vampire

Vampire Alien

Oh I am not saying you 'can't' use it/set it up in AC....just AC is designed to utilise 900 deg wheels. So you will be doing yourself a diservice only using 270 deg wheel, especially considering the DFGT is 900 deg and cheap.

If you were in New Zealand you could buy my old DFGT, complete with paddle shifters ;)

17. Kodiak

Kodiak Racer

Something with strong feedback and accuracy. I recommend the GT3RS bundles from Fanactec. It comes with the csr elite pedals which has a strong brake pedal that mimics that of a race car (not street car).