1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The big 1.5 speculation and dream thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by myimac, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I guess we won't be disappointed. Trust in Kunos, isn't too long now. Looking forward to part 2 of the patch blog, though.

Ischemica and Mogster like this.
  2. Goettens

Goettens Simracer

We have Brands Hatch, so maybe Kunos could make the other MotorSport Vision circuits as well? Oulton Park, Cadwell Park, Snetterton and Bedford Autodrome.

Horus likes this.
  3. Stefano has mentioned plenty times before how he loves a lot of the UK circuits, so I'm sure we'll get them eventually. Cadwell Park is literally the only reason I ever fire up Project Cars, such a mega track.

4. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

To mention also non UK tracks: Assen, Zolder, Dijon-Prenois, Anderstop, Magny Cours, Valencia, Estoril, Brno, Oschersleben, Modena, Varano, ....
    But honestly I'd eventually exchange all of them with just one Kunos quality Hill Climb :p

5. JZStudios

JZStudios Racer

I hate to get this way, but it makes total sense. Every other game I have, DR, PCars, R3E (Does it FANTASTICALLY) and I'm pretty sure even Dirt 3 does it without any 3rd party app, so yeah, I'd rather complain than using a 3rd party app I don't need. FYI, R3E recently (last year) updated their Fanatec SDK support.
    Implemented Fanatec LED display support with following options:
    • S-G Speed + Gear
    • S Speed
    • G Gear
    • F Fuel
    • POS Position
    • OFF Off
    No 3rd party apps, all in game, cycled though the touch of a button. Easy solution.

6. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

In other words you're so invested in your victimhood that you'll actually defend your position instead of using the simple solution that exists to overcome it?

Horus and gandlers like this.
  7. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Yes, my thought.
    Very much like all simmers I read every where....

8. esox71

esox71 Alien

To be fair the more apps you use the more it can feck AC up.

9. Punknoodle

Punknoodle Racer

Except it isn't actually an AC app, it simply reads the shared memory, and even if it was, I run a few apps and they all work perfectly. I have Dashmeter Pro running, Fanaleds, Simvibe, Pit Board, ACTI, Helicorsa and Multilaps and I have no problem at all..

I get it, it would be nice, but not completely necessary.

FYI, iRacing's support for it seems to be broken at the moment, too. Not the end of the world for me as I use Dashmeter Pro anyway.

Horus likes this.
  10. JZStudios

JZStudios Racer

Invested in my Victimhood? How can I express my utter confusion at that without profanity? There's no reason why they can't support it like every other game when I don't need a 3rd party app. It's nothing crazy or fancy. It's a simple thing to do. Why do you insist on using a workaround? It's like saying I'd like shoes that fit and you just tell me to wrap duct tape on my feet. Why not just get shoes?

11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Since 1.3, the leds on my G27 work without needing to use fanaleds software. The leds in your Fanatec wheel don't work at all without fanaleds software? Is the same for everyone or user specific?

12. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  13. JZStudios

JZStudios Racer

Don't know. But it's nice to know that your's work without having to run a 3rd party app. :p What a ridiculous thing to try and argue over.

14. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

That logic is backwards, no? Shoes are, if we're honest, a third-party solution to the imperfect design of the human foot. What you're doing is akin to complaining about having sore, cut-up feet while rejecting the notion of solving the problem with shoes on the grounds that that your feet should have been designed better in the first place. And then demanding that evolution re-visit the human foot instead of forcing you to wear shoes that you "don't need"... a conclusion you've reached by noticing that deer, chimpanzees, and lions don't need shoes.

Is it any wonder the rest of us, comfortable in our shoes and unhindered by crippling foot pain, are confused at your insistence on suffering?

Salty internet dialog aside, I get your basic argument - that it would be nice for AC to have this support natively. That's valid. I'm not a Fanatec user so it makes no difference to me, but I agree with you in principle. It's always nice when your hardware is supported natively. But... pick your battles. If there's a tool available to solve your problem, just use it and move on. Part of AC's ethos is third-party support, may as well give it a shot.

15. esox71

esox71 Alien

Smashin!:)

16. JZStudios

JZStudios Racer

I disagree with the foot principle. People live without shoes all over, but I'm not one of them.
    I also dislike 3rd party apps and try to keep my PC as clean as possible. I also won't get the real had motion app for the same reason. Is it that uncommon for people to not want a bunch of random 3rd party apps cluttering up their PC?

17. Ibai

Ibai Gamer

Guys, I once saw a tweet from Stefano talking to someone called Jack Thamarat. I did my research and I found out that this guy has a youtube channel where he uploads heavy/rock music.

So, do you know what might be coming with the 1.5 update?

- Menu music.

And do you know what I really hope that comes with this feature?

- A better UI (the one we have is very clunky).

Edit:
    I'm not saying we need a complete reworked UI, but a much faster/dinamic one. Sometimes when you choose the color of your car the menu swipes all the way to the right without reason. The way race weekend menu appears on the top bar is clunky...

And gamepad support.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

About the UI: All im wishing for is when I hover over it and the menus are showing up, I can directly choose to go to options > controlls for example. As it is now, I need to press options twice. I know, its not a big deal and its possible that its meant to be that way but it would be nice.
    I dont want menu music, thats always the first thing I turn off in video games but the more options avaiblable the better (to some extent) :)

Horus likes this.
  19. Ibai

Ibai Gamer

That's what I was editing from my previous post. The UI is like joking with you all the time...

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Oh yeah we was probably talking about the same thing. I wouldnt mind if we even got the console UI as a choice so everything could be used by the wheel/gamepad and dont need to use the mouse. The console UI looks pretty good.