1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The big 1.5 speculation and dream thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by myimac, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Ibai

Ibai Gamer

I did my research on that aswell. And... we are not getting the console UI (which I was also hoping for). We'll share everything with the console version except for the UI...

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Okay. Thats a bummer. Then my wish is only that they let me click what I want to do directly and not having to press it twice. :) Yeye I know, its not that big of a deal but small things like that does make a difference.

Specht77 and Ibai like this.
  3. Ibai

Ibai Gamer

For me it's a big deal, cause the have never updated the UI (correct me if I'm wrong). So it's like we have the very first version of the UI, a beta or an alpha... It's time they update it.

Specht77 likes this.
  4. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

5. Ibai

Ibai Gamer

Hey man, if I had to "say hello to modders" everytime I want a normal/working feature on AC I'd have to pay them half of the price of the game...

My point is that you cannot let modders do everything...

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think I started a thread about it but cant be bothered to search for it atm, then I think some dev changed it to "issue" tag. It would be a lot easier if you could see your started threads on the forum and not just messages but I think there is somewhere.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I agree on that but many modders like to do what they do and AC is a very mod friendly game. But yeah, It would be nice with it in the base game. :)

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

9. Ibai

Ibai Gamer

10. Louizf

Louizf Racer

Does anybody knows if Kunos plans to implement more racing rules in this update?
    By that I mean like choose from "standing start" to "rolling start", formation laps, full course yellow, AI to respect blue flag... this kind of thing?
    It seems that they don't, but I can be wrong.:)

11. Ibai

Ibai Gamer

I think that rolling starts won't be coming anytime soon...

12. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

They have talked about it a lot and they have interest in it but they would likely have said something about it. Maybe with 1.6, doubt they would bring it in without talking about it.

13. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I'm looking forward to this update. Now that Kunos has a publisher I imagine they aren't allowed to talk as openly about future content, especially prior to console 1.0.

What we should be getting is the same build that is being submitted for console minus the UI so it should be a more cohesive experiance, a couple more features that are more standard in console sims, and a more polished experiance all around.

If anything is being held back from this/the console version, besides content it will likely be a bit obvious and more to look forward too.

I think this is a smart move. If there are any larger, harder to squash bugs, we'll find them, and they should get addressed quickly.

Ibai and kofotsjanne like this.
  14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats true, whenever we have got patches there have always been some hotfixes applied. But how does this work on console? Do they still need to let Microsoft/Sony confirm it or can they send out hotfixes for console aswell?

15. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

No hot fixes on console unless a major blocker slips through. What generally happens is a "day 1 patch" goes into development after the game has been submitted for final approval (can take 3-4 weeks). This patch would be applied prior to the game going on sale and would be a big "polish" update.

Then patches need to be on a more planned and structured release schedule. They tend to get a lot more testing, and 1st party also checks them to ensure there isn't any major functional issues... Not gameplay.

If Kunos release PC patches prior to console it helps increase their quality by exposing the build to thousands of users prior to a console patch submission. I guess this goes without saying... But in addition to their own testers, they also have 505's.

Ibai likes this.
  16. JZStudios

JZStudios Racer

That reminds me, I want to be able to pause the menu with a button on my wheel. I have to set up a small folding table for my m/kb instead of being able to just use my wheel.

17. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

You can with third party software such as JoyToKey, but after pause, you cant navigate though... I read recently that Stephano was working on a navigable menu with wheel dpads, hope it will make it in 1.5, but I dont think so.