1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The big 1.5 speculation and dream thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by myimac, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Which at the moment isn't the case because (for me) the ghost car starts at the same position as me, but gradually pulls away over the course of the lap, yet I post "fastest" times.

I did one last night in the Abarth 500 Essess, Ghost car started the lap the same as me, by Brooklands it was ahead of me, by Hangar Straight it was way ahead, yet when I crossed the line.... Fastest lap, in fact amazingly I did a RSR WR... so... dunno. Something doesn't seem right.

2. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Back in speculation land, I see a 'little' fiat abarth coming :D

arthur666 likes this.
  3. Need Subaru!!!

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  4. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

I need the 1.5 version of Assetto Corsa. Cant wait! goddamit

5. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

Haven't used ghost car in ages as apps with delta timing lets me know if I'm faster or not

6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I think the default delta app is pretty messed up to... there is a mod app that seems to work correctly though so not really a problem

Rolf Kazamba likes this.
  7. nanucq

nanucq Racer

8. Quffy

Quffy Alien

9. JZStudios

JZStudios Racer

I don't know what the used to record before, but if they're using this now, their audio quality should be a lot better
    [​IMG]
    Based on personal experience, it's a pretty darn good little recorder if they have it set up right. This is also from their 2015 and beyond post.

10. Mathieu Labbé

nanucq likes this.
  11. nanucq

nanucq Racer

It is Nice too :), easier to park.

12. RuaOnze

RuaOnze Gamer

It is sorely lacking in multiplayer visual damage effects

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

This is something that I'm amazed still hasnt been added. The damage model itself isnt great but it would be nice to see those that bang their cars up so we can see who we need to watch out for more. Nonpoint having visual damage if we cant even see it on any other cars.

This along with time progression with changing temps and also more control in pits. Have a default pit app like the one made as a 3rd party mod, also allow us to make pressure/aero changes in atops if wanted.

Add to this pre race strategy but as the app is this can be used for pre race strategy already. It just makes it pretty pointless to change compounds in many cars ifnyou cant change pressures. Over longer races if time progression is added and also this includes temp changes we would need to be able to change pressures during a run.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  14. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

doubt we will ever get this. It would require a rework of all models. For old "tin tops" procedural damage may be imaginable, but modern carbon GT cars don't dent like metal did

15. saxohare

saxohare Racer

donkey.jpg

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

All the cars have visual damage already if you race ai or see your own car in the replay. Its just in mp we dont see others damage, we can see the other cars get dirty which is strange but just dont see the damage.

17. Mathieu Labbé

Just to add to the speculations:

A recent tweet lead to this: http://www.amazon.com/Going-Nowhere-Assetto-Corsa-2016-03-23-ebook/dp/B00NS918M4/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

An ebook on AC (?!), with this in the description:

2016-03-23—add handling guides for version 1.5.x cars Abarth 595, C7 Stingray, and Mustang GT; add information about Tyre Model 7; include information on the latest improvements in graphics performance and track surface

Any ideas on what those could be? Are we suppose to get something in regards to track surface?

18. Do we know yet if those last few cars using the v4 tyre model have been upgraded?

19. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Yeah i highly doubt they havent updated the cars after how long its been. 1.4 seemed to be a bit rushed due to the smaller then normal gap between it and 1.3

bet they are all v6 or v7 or v8 or whatever it is now.

20. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

We don't know anything for certain but it was mentioned they were updating as many cars as possible to the new tyre model, but things can happen. Next thursday we'll know for sure!