1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The big 1.5 speculation and dream thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by myimac, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Horus

Horus Alien

I have Stereo's Odometer and the pedal app, everything else is on the Nexus. It might not be such an issue with 16/9 monitors, but with 21:9 it take a great deal of screen real estate. It not the bar its self, actually it is, but the pointless and inane information it gives us. John was kicked for a mismatch, john left the server, john joined the server in car number 12, john cut the corner, john can piss off and stop the bloody game dedicated its information about johns freakin game!

I do not really care for voting, unless I have had chance to see them being less than polite. I really do not care what car anyone joins in, as it means nothing to me Car number 12 could be anything, any colour, any model, anything! The information needed can be seen in chat, no need for the black bar, unless you get bored and need to read shizen when racing around a track. Anyhoo, me thinks I protest too much.

D1visor and esox71 like this.
  2. esox71

esox71 Alien

BAR?.....mine's a Guinness ;)

Horus likes this.
  3. esox71

esox71 Alien

The mini freeze when someone joins bothers me more, is that server side or mine?

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Agree. Imho it's one of the best UI elements they have, unless somebody decides to nonstop start votes until he get's his will. The latter could be addressed by a simple "vote inits per timeframe" setting. I even miss the opponents laptimes in MP very much.

But I could also imagine a fine solution where those messages could be optional and exposed via the python API, so people could use their flavor as they prefer.

RedLoto, phizz, Mr.Mugel and 4 others like this.
  5. esox71

esox71 Alien

^This!!

TDS and RedLoto like this.
  6. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I don't agree at all. All the info in that top black bar could be displayed as a small message feed in a corner of the screen. All the X player connected, Z player has disconnected type messages (for me) should be in a small text feed in a corner of the screen, its unnecessary information to have at the top of the screen in the black bar. If the black bar is needed at all, it should be to display personal information like your brake bias and even then it should be shrunk down.

Epistolarius, gandlers, TDS and 2 others like this.
  7. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

LOL awesome. "AC v1.5 delayed until devs sober up." :D

xedrox, D1visor and Brownninja97 like this.
  8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

"John leaves, John joins" would be pointless if the drivers list in pits was working as it should - updating itself in real time, every time John leaves or joins.

I agree with Minolin on the laptimes, it was nice to see how fast are other drivers. At the same time it was just a pop up info so it wasn't really taking space except those 2s it was on, unlike app that is on all the time.

It's not really bothering me size-wise, but I guess it could be smaller.

9. To be honest, I rather like the chat messages being displayed at the top of the screen (as in GT Legends), but I would have to remember to keep my gob shut if I was in the pits with the race still running!

10. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Can't believe so far none of you predicted this:
    - Grid girls

I can't express enough how disappointed I am.

This topic should be closed now. Go rethink your lives and priorities.

:D

Sebastian Wolff likes this.
  11. Grid girls have already been discussed. They would be a needless distraction.

arthur666 and Horus like this.
  12. Redglyph

Redglyph Gamer

I don't have an H gearbox ;)

- Safety cars, that'd be a treat :D
    - Mandatory pit-stops.
    - (Proper) multiclass races!

myimac likes this.
  13. Jaye

Jaye Alien

For those who don't understand the black bar problem: The bigger the screens are you go for, triples, whatever all is just aiming for more immersion. Especially when you darken your room to dive completly into it, the black bar is just distracting like hell.

Imagine you drive in a awesome car, the weather is beautiful outside, street is nearly emtpy so you can have fun with the corners. But the car has installed a system which automatically flap the sun shields up and down. Completely random, sometimes a few times in a couple of seconds. So afterwards you would maybe tell the car owner that his car is amazing, but you will also ask if he was dropped too often when he was a baby.

14. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

- Correct starting-lights (don't know any racing-series which uses six lights!) with graphics improvement.

Waiting for the correct five-lights for ages! o_O
    ;)

15. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

I can't wait for 1.5 :)

Wasn't playing much Ac anymore, but the hype is doing it's magic...

_Fulgore_ likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I get the same when people using ^ and chinese letters in their name.

AurusCE and Hagen like this.
  17. esox71

esox71 Alien

That's an even longer freeze your right.
    To be fair, other games do it.

18. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Yes and jeez people, if you really need to look at boobs, there are plenty of other ways you can use your computer to achieve this. Let my juvenile hobby retain at least some dignity.

19. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Grid cats then?

Jim Layhee and arthur666 like this.
  20. saxohare

saxohare Racer

I wish
    - they make a game with this great physics engine, and stop freaking with the content, we have content enough and the quality of it is good.
    - at least disable late entries in races,
    - and fix the ghost car
    - and make some ghostcar options, like driving agains other car brands and other players
    - and free us from minorating

MrDoku and Sebastian Wolff like this.