1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The big 1.5 speculation and dream thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by myimac, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

:)

The last time I mentioned it, a couple of months or so back, there was a response from the devs and it is something they are looking to implement. I guess it hasn't worked it's way up the priority list yet and I assume they are busy on the console release and 1.5. It'd be a nice feature but I guess we have to rely on MR to keep the numpties at bay (although servers running all grades defeats the point a little to me) or maybe rely on the server providers to give a little more time after each race session but that cheeses off those who haven't got the patience to wait for 5 minutes or so between races.

I just quit and save as soon as I'm over the finish line if it's been a corker, hope that I get back in if it's a crowded popular combo and congratulate the good racers if they're still there when I get back in. Sadly I've missed saving some excellent races as I've been busy chatting about it after but it's not the end of the world :D

As far as the numpties go, hopefully a few of them will disappear when the console release comes and us "sim racers" can get on with doing exactly that... I've probably just dug myself a huge hole but... I don't really care :oops:

2. the_prodigy

the_prodigy Racer

More bindable buttons, like for ABS, TC, turbo, virtual mirrror..?

3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

It would be cool to have it as let's be honest binding different functions is a basic feature.
    There's an easy workaround for that with 3rd party programs though.

4. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Keyboard shortcuts is too "old school" for me as well, i can't do it unless i slow down and look at it, making them configurable for controllers/wheels would be the ideal.

5. Redglyph

Redglyph Gamer

No, you can't do that. Impossible to shift gears before the green light. I had doubts seeing your posts, and tried again right now, but this still hasn't been fixed.. sorry, I mean been implemented.

6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

lol i agree we should have false starts and and be able to engage a gear before the lights go out.
    maybe i didnt explain easy enough for you. put your h box into gear and press clutch, it will say your in neutral but when you release your clutch the moment the lights go out you will be in gear.

MAUZERIS[LT] and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  7. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

- simple countdown timers between sessions so you know how long there is before the next session ends.

- how about a "next session qualifying" message "starting in 5 minutes" etc. At the moment unless you are a server regular you have no real idea how long to wait between sessions etc. All this could be done on a much much smaller message feed at the bottom left or top right etc. There is no need to have this stuff popping up in that massive, distracting black bar at the top of the screen.

Backmarker and Quffy like this.
  8. You need to keep the clutch pedal depressed until the green light appears. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't explain it properly. So you are correct that you can't shift into first gear, but you can move the shifter knob to the first gear position, and this will activate as soon as the lights turn green.

9. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Works only with H shifter, though, not possible with sequential or paddle shifters.

10. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

[​IMG]

Devs sent me a copy of the changelog.

11. You don't need it with paddle shifters. You just depress the accelerator, and then engage first gear as soon as the lights turn green. It's so quick that it doesn't matter.

12. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Yeah, if you don´t use the clutch, if you do it GT2/3/4 style and start with the clutch it´s pretty slow. You gain a bit faster than, while the others are spinning, but it still misses some time. For MP it´s actually good because it´s wise not to have another car near you when heading for T1... ;)

13. kikie

kikie Simracer

My dream:

Holodeck support. :D

I know, stupid joke but wouldn't it be awsome that a Star Trek holodeck would be available within the next 10 years?

14. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Changelog 1.5

-Button to limit the speed.
    -Real sanction. ("stop & go" and "drive through)
    -Lock settings setup in online career.
    -False start.
    -Return launched.
    -Planning Pit stop.
    -Adjustable braking-force.
    -Ratio rotation and adjustable lock.
    -Save repetition from the game.
    -Economic tires in all road cars.
    -Fixed problems at low speed (suspension and tires rebound stupid. Stupid smoke ...)
    -New improved tires (no more limited angle of inclination in the tires.)
    -Fixed problems camber.

For me this would be really exciting in the update, some of these things and had nkpro and some of these problems were not in nkpro.

xedrox likes this.
  15. Horus

Horus Alien

There is an app that already does that. The problem is I cannot recall what it was called.

16. Horus

Horus Alien

Down with the black bar of distraction and on with the revolution!

TDS and Leemstradamus like this.
  17. myimac

myimac Alien

I'm backing the death of the top bar

TDS likes this.
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Has anyone seen the advanced gearbox model that was here a minute ago? . . . oh never mind, that was in RR.;)

But No, seriously - I'd ask for that one again.

I'm looking forward to any FFB-related improvements; playing AMS has me spoiled in that area. AC now feels like it has massive dampening applied. I'm still amazed how our comfort with FFB changes from one title to another when we spend enough time with just one; I think the overall effect is increased with more dynamic wheels.

19. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I´ve wondered why the black bar is such a big issue for people. Than I figured it is bigger if you don´t oversample your resolution? At 1.5 times the resolution the bar is okay and the whole interface in the game is way nicer when it´s a tad smaller.

20. I don't even notice this "black bar". I assume that the people who want it removed don't also clutter their display with a thousand pointless apps?

sacredaardvark and Horus like this.