1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic The Future

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Daz730, Jan 30, 2017.

1. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Damn, totally missed these news. Well, really exciting. I really hope they're going to work a little bit on the sound. After the Jag video on Long Beach it seems Project CARS will have the same strange sound in cockpit view. Absolutely hate it, but it appears you can't have everything :(

2. Timm2012

Timm2012 Gamer

The Future? Very good question and I personally think that if Kunos dont get their act together on the next Console update I think alot will disappear over to another Sim. Things that have been mentioned right from the start like wheel setup/mapping, intro sound only coming from one speaker. They show shots of Scotland but again no mention regarding the Console. I appreciate that these are only small requests but have been going on for sometime, Oh yes private lobbies etc. I agree with some that they seem to be PC orientated and the Console user is just another little side shot. Especially when you see what the PC user is getting and whats been done, and no mention on whats coming our way. Very poor comm alround. I will give GT sport and PC2 a bash which I'm sure alot will do.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    ppbucko and Donald_Trump2016 like this.
  3. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

i called this number, only to be put through to a middle aged milf asking me naughty things.:eek:, i like my future :)

@P73 likes this.
  4. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Not really a Pcars thread but a look into the future of racing games , having just read an article by a gamer who was lucky enough to have been invited to a test day on Pcars 2 the future is looking very Rosey

rich1e I likes this.
  5. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

rallycross trailer + gameplay (cockpit / 3rd person view )

Daz730, paul_wev and bradleyland like this.
  6. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Hrm. Looks like gamepad action to me. I'm a little worried that pCARS 2 is going to be too console-focused. SMS have tasted the benefit of a successful console title, and it looks like they're really chasing that market hard this time around.

On the positive side, that HUD looks incredible, with tons of detailed information about the car. I love the inclusion of brake temps and suspension damage. I get tired of cycling through HUD views during a race.

I also learned the other day that SMS have brought a pCARS forum member onboard to handle suspension tuning; a guy who goes by Jussi on the forums. I'm really excited to hear that, because Jussi had a really detailed understanding of chassis tuning in pCARS. He compiled a list of real suspension setups for all the road cars, that were based on the actual OEM suspension values. He did the same for a lot of the race cars, where information was available. When it comes to the pursuit of realism, Jussi was a huge asset to the community.

This tells me SMS at least recognizes that there are two sides to this equation. You have to keep the console base happy, but sim racers demand more. I can't way to try a beta.

Reinart86, paul_wev and rich1e I like this.
  7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Here is some wheel action gameplay

Maybe the driving physics won't be on the level of assetto, but sure that it will be nearer.
    The first pcars was already lot better than the GT and Forza series in a complete new simulation level on consoles....

FoV settings, càmera settings, graphics and details settings, huge ffb settings, UDP application compatibility, keyboard/button box compatibility...
    ESports.

With all the improvement the second game shows it sure can be the most complete simulator on consoles.
    And sure that on PC it will be also a good appreciated game.

Sure also that on PC it has more competition with assetto, iracing, automobilista, raceroom...

8. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

I'm quite skeptical about Project CARS going rallycross. There's already Codemasters covering the rally side, and I think you can't do it better than them, so Project CARS rallycross can only look bad because people will surely take Dirt Rally as a reference. Why they're not just concentrating on circuit racing is beyond me. I'm afraid there will be aspects that will be compromised because the rally thing will cost resources they'd need for other important things, maybe track boundaries, penalty system, maybe there won't be a race director talking to us anymore during races etc. something like that. Would be a pity.

AZT B Tender likes this.
  9. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well, go to the Q&A with Ian Bell tread on GTplanet and you will find all your questions answered there.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-process-of-updating.353715/

rich1e I likes this.
  10. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well "the future" in GT Sport welcomes also the Porsche cars.

IMG_1189.JPG ADu6ClV.jpg IMG_1190.JPG IMG_1191.JPG IMG_1192.JPG IMG_1193.JPG

Leonardo Ratafia and bradleyland like this.
  11. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Donnced2 likes this.
  12. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Yup i know... Seen screenshot with the "holly trinity" P1,la Ferrari and 918 spyder.. But SMS didn't make an official announcement yet.

But for sure they have Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini.

After this oficial Porsche announce from GT i don't think that Pcars 2 gonna delay much more the official announcement of the German brand also

bradleyland and Daz730 like this.
  13. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

It is one helluva time to be a pretend race car driver :)

Timm2012 and Daz730 like this.
  14. Timm2012

Timm2012 Gamer

Even better if AC pulled their finger out and got things sorted and kept us console users up to date

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  15. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Meanwhile i wait for the private lobbies i get the closed beta from GT sport...

PS_Messages_20170412_160944.jpg PS_Messages_20170412_211604.jpg PS_Messages_20170412_211334.jpg PS_Messages_20170412_211319.jpg

But we have to wait until Saturday afternoon that they open the online lobbies.... On EU beta you can't play against AI or even alone offline :confused:

SkechBG and boabmatic like this.
  16. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

The future is here...on this link you can see a full live presentation of PC2 and a lot of new information about changes amd improvments from PC1...also some amswers from players...overall is must see if you are a racer/gamer... Amazing stuff income..."soon" :)

paul_wev likes this.
  17. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

18. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Yup... :(

Just looking to menu's, setting screens, game options but we can't drive.. We have to wait until Saturday afternoon 5pm

If you stay in the principal screen it shows you cars,shapes and ends showing a short replay of AI cars...

So quite useless beta testing version until Saturday afternoon :D

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Would be interesting to hear your opinion once you can play. Thumbs up and (hopefully) enjoy :p

20. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

So there is still hope that i Receive my Beta Key. Just want to drive the M6 GT3. Nothing else