1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Top Gear S24

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Poguinhas, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes.

I hope both shows will take their 'first' season to learn a few things. Ditch/rework stuff that wasn't so good.
    Like on GT the whole Wedding. Petting, etc. ( ;) ) part I found a bit childish with something pubescent teens would laugh about and was streched too much.

I think the new TG can get into a groove together if they are given the time.
    LeBlanc and Harris can carry segments on their own, Reid I don't think so yet, but that may change with time.
    LeBlanc/Harris and Harris/Reid together work quite nice and have some nice humor already, only all three together I didn't like so much.

2. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I think pretty much everything on GT was childish and forced. The "military training" that repeated over and over, the wedding thing you mentioned, the road trip with Hammond being annoying, the cars made from new materials. The best episodes from TG IMO were always when they took cheap cars that went wrong all the time, or the amazing specials in africa, america, asia and so on. Now it's like they just try too hard and fail horribly.

As has been said, neither show is as great as the old TG so far, but if the evolution from season 23 to 24 is anything to go by, I think I can dream of having two amazing shows in the near future.

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

The problem with watching Top Gear or Grand Tour is you end up wanting the cars or tracks they use there. In Top Gear they just tested the 2017 Ford GT at Laguna Seca and regardless of that car being on the show or not, can be a great addition to Assetto Corsa. It marks 50 years since GT40 won at Le Mans.

Plus, the car has a track mode where it gets lower. Having that feature inside the game would be awesome. Press a button when the car is stopped and get in track mode.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I forgot to write it earlier, but the last episode of the season was really a great one.
    I skipped the Jordan/Ecclestone interview though

What I have to say in general, the new SIARPC segment is streched too much. They should do one segment and a news section without the guest IMO. Some guests are good, but some not so much and then it's more of a drag.

Apart from that the 3 hosts really had a good chemistry, especially at the last segment which was close to the great level of the old trio around seasons 5 to 10 or so (where it wasn't blown out of proportion too much).
    I really had some great laughs and now am really looking forward to future season with Rory, Chris and Joey. :)

Berry likes this.
  5. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I must admit the newer new top gear is better than the new top gear....
    what i mean is, it wasnt that good with Chris Evans, and the new series that has sadly just ended was a lot better.

The Grand Tour, well it just makes me cringe watching it. If it was a BBC production it would make me embarrassed to be British. As its Amazon, its OK; they are tax evaders who I already have a low opinion of.
    Bored of the "does that mean they are not coming on" after the second time, yet they are going to keep repeating it ad infinitum arent they?

Schnipp likes this.
  6. Berry

Berry Alien

Agree with both of the above, new Top Gear was actually entertaining with some great features and all around good consistency in its quality.I think the chemistry between the 3 main hosts is improving by each and every episode, I even enjoy the celebrity part, specifically since it started being much better in the mid-season, when Chris Harris stopped acting like a frustrated monkey, you can see that acting is not his strong suit, they're all pretty cool guys, they should just act natural.
    Looking forward to the next season, much more than I am for Grand Tour :).

grandepunto, gandlers and Schnipp like this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Agreed, a few things on GT were a bit too much on the nose and too scripted.

As I said before, just because they might have more liberties on what they can do it doesn't mean they should do it. (Petting, Wedding, ...)
    The killing of the guest thing is annoying too.

I really hope they rework a few things on GT.

gandlers and Berry like this.
  8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I actually just finished watching Episode 6 (Christmas Special) of the Grand Tour, and honestly: James May documenting the Ford vs. Ferrari battle was maybe one of the coolest things I've ever seen on the old or new show.

Oh how I wish we could get these two cars into AC and a 1966 Le Mans to go with it.

9. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Evans was dramatic... the S23 was just a disaster. But the new S24 is quite good. I like Harris since I've seen his first YT vids many years ago, Leblanc is also good and Rory, well... I'm not his greatest fan but he is just just good enough. So all in all it's a quite pleasing show - content also is fun so overall it's maybe still long way to be as good as old TG but at the same time it's way better than the 'Evans' series.

10. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

Everyone likes to root for the underdogs, aka the new Top Gear.

Much prefer Grand Tour just because they're more my humour I guess, I'm not a serious person and don't take anything seriously that I do in life lol

But yeah not enjoying how they're making Chris Harris out to be a loud annoying guy, his youtube videos shows how he truly is. Matt is okay but very scripted, the chav Rory can just GTFO

xystof likes this.
  11. Berry

Berry Alien

They're improving their chemistry and on-show performance by every episode, I'm sure they'll be much better in the next seasons.I'm all for humour myself, since I don't really look for technicalities in shows like these, but GT's humour is straight-up retarded at this point, with their killing of celebrities, stupid kid jokes with no substance whatsoever that are repeteadly explained to the public, just so they make sure that the stupid people get it, they lost all of what was special in Top Gear when we're talking about humour and in-scene discussions.And let's not even talk about "The American"...
    I hope they get Grand Tour much better in the next season, frankly now it just seems like a May/Clarkson/Hammond appreciation-fest, which I highly detest.

gandlers likes this.
  12. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

^
    Couldnt have put it better myself

13. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Which is one of the reasons I, personally, enjoy it. I could watch those three guys doing anything, with cars or without, and thoroughly enjoy it. The military training film from one of the early episodes had me in stitches! Different strokes. :)

I really enjoyed the new, new, newish TG, my biggest problem with it was that there were only 6 episodes. o_O

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

7 episodes, but I guess they will do 2 season in a year and GT will do 1 season per year, which were 10* episdose.

*if you count the buggy special as 'one' episode

15. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Still too short, I was just getting into it and now it's gone. :(

12 if you count the buggy special as 'one'. :) I'm about to go back to the beginning and start watching again so I have something to fill the void until one of the new seasons starts back up. I also recently found out about "For the Love of Cars" and plan to give that a watch too.

Schnipp likes this.
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Agreed, it was a great episode and then 'this was the final episode of the season'.
    I was a bit bummed too.

BrandonW77 likes this.