1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

I've looked at that benchmark, and I think we don't have the same reading of the results.

Yes the GPU seems to be "only" able to achieve 130 fps average give or take in 4K DLSS Performance mode.

Were I would tend to disagree, is that at the start of the race in that benchmark, it's not 10 fps difference with 5800X, it's 30 fps the 5800X3D will allow to get the most of the 3070 from start to finish when other CPUs will not.

Now I understand that you may not be interested in 100% smooth race start. But at the start it was more like 70 fps for 3600 90/100 for 5800X and 125/130 for 5800X3D from the green flag till mid of first lap.

Also, the difference could be bigger than that in reality if the benchmark video is based from a replay file as the CPU would have more work to do.

2. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Yeah, it's clear to me the X3D brings something to the table the 5600x/5800x doesn't. But in my opinion only worth the money for high end systems and specific needs, like lots of AI.

I don't think he used a replay file btw. Looks like actual gameplay to me.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  3. Stains

Stains Simracer

4. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Those are some great results. This test however again doesn't reflect the results an average system with settings that people actually use will get with this CPU. Let alone a tripple screen setup.

Don't let these tests with super high end hardware, super low resolution and very specific and uncommon CPU burdensome settings fool you into thinking otherwise.

All tests I have seen done with more common hardware and settings people actually use, do not generate anywhere near these kind of gains.

5. Stains

Stains Simracer

Well for me on my 3080 the 5800x3D would help me gain more fps than 85 with my current 1000k and epic settings at 5760x1080.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  6. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

Something I'd like to point out as well is that FSR and DLSS are helping the GPU with scaling, but at the cost of higher CPU overhead, so having a more powerful CPU is helpful to max out your GPU at higher resolution than it would normally be able to chew... (triples e.g.)

FSR is tested by Dan Suzuki on iRacing on triple 4k, and when you're CPU bound, FSR or DLSS aren't giving you more FPS (reported by a couple of persons already in the forum on ACC)

Snoeipaard likes this.
  7. Stains

Stains Simracer

Can confirm, DLSS or FSR do nothing for me other than down grade the image. Im fully CPU limited at 5760x1080 Epic with my 10600k.

Snoeipaard, its.me and seb 6th gear like this.
  8. I am not using physical triples, but ultrawide (5120x1440) with triple screen option. I did cpu change to 5800x3d and results are positive.

I posted my results to CPU bench topic.
    The ACC CPU Benchmark Thread

Snoeipaard likes this.
  9. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  10. lucazpf

lucazpf Rookie

Hello,
    I recently switched from a sigle Odyssey G9 49" to a triple screen setup (3x32")
    Since I had no idea where to start to set the view, I followed a "race beyond matter" video where he showed the values he used with an identical configuration to mine.
    By entering the same values, my view is moved far forward, almost on the bonnet! I understand that the configuration of the monitors will not be identical to mine, but damn, I do not understand what causes such a big difference.
    To get a decent view, I have to set a negative distance in the Camera section between -22 and -24 but this seems to me to compress the image too much. What am I doing wrong?
    Here are my settings:

Triple Screen: ENABLED

[TRIPLE & WIDE SCREEN]
    Distance from screens: 540mm
    Screen width: 810mm (32")
    Bezel 5mm
    Side screen angle: 60°

[CAMERA]
    Height: 2,4
    Lateral: 0
    Distance -22
    FOV is grayed out
    Pitch: 5.3°

11. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Your screen width is wrong at least, should probably be somthing closer to 70cm. Just use the correct measurements (width, angle and distance) and that should do it, not much more to it.

12. lucazpf

lucazpf Rookie

Oh, I thought I had to insert the diagonal of the monitor. Now I have modified screen width with 695mm and checked the distance from the screen which is 650mm. Now it's even worse because I had to increase the distance in CAMERA section to -44, but the image looks compressed like before. It's not a big problem, I just wanted to understand if you too have such high negative values in "distance" and if it's a normal thing. Thank You

13. Michel--NL

Michel--NL Gamer

I have different positive values depending on the car and never had to use a negative value.
    Don't know if you use Nvidia Surround for setting up the tripple monitor. Maybe the resolution in Nvidia Surround and the resolution in-game is different? Should be 7680x1440 for both.
    Or try setting the distance from screen to your actual distance from screen and see if that makes a difference.

14. lucazpf

lucazpf Rookie

My resolution is set at 7660x1440 in both Windows and ACC with bezel correction applied.
    650mm is the acutal distance to my monitor. Could it be due to "Resolution Scale"? I have to check what value it is set to

15. Michel--NL

Michel--NL Gamer

Don't think resolution scale have anything to do with it.
    You could also try to delete some ini files (make a backup!) and let the game re-create them with default settings.

Q: Sudden poor performance after an update
    A: Sometimes there are old configuration files that need to be reset. The safest way to do this is by renaming the %LOCALAPPDATA%\AC2 folder. Usually, this folder is hidden, to browse it:
    1. Open File Explorer/Windows Explorer;
    2. Type %LOCALAPPDATA% into the address bar and hit enter;
    3. Rename the AC2 folder

16. lucazpf

lucazpf Rookie

I'll give it a try tonight, thank You for your help!

17. lucazpf

lucazpf Rookie

After renaming the AC2 folder nothing changed, so I decided to pull the trigger and reinstall the game. Now it seems that the driver cam is OK. Dash cam is still too zoomed for me but I'm trying to drive using the driver cam and it seems fine

18. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

Built my first simrig last weekend. Initially thought I would go for one ultrawide.. but decided to go triple monitor. Ordered 3 x AOC Q27G2E monitors that will arrive tomorrow.
    This is my first triple monitor setup so I hope I can setup everything properly. ;)

19. lucazpf

lucazpf Rookie

Apparently, If it's a fresh new install, You only need to insert the dimensions of the screen, the distance from your eyes and the angle. ACC will set the FOV for You

Rivanov likes this.
  20. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

Thanks! And the best angle I have to put my monitors in, is based on the online FOV calculator?
    So for me this would mean:

[​IMG]