1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. WOW . Im really excited now . The feel now in this build is soooo much better than before , can really feel the car now . Sound is awesome . Thank you kunos , you are now delivering what i knew you could acheive.

uelas_77, sissydriver and LATE4APEX like this.
  2. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Mine was fine, but after advancing to the PC part it now hangs on the 'loading' screen and never actually displays it. The figures still appear in the top right when I'm driving though.

EDIT: Have logged this as a bug in the troubleshooting forum.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  3. Pani De Pani

Pani De Pani Gamer

This, and car control stuck on 58

4. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Has the safety rating not been activated in multiplayer or is mine just bugged? I had a few guys bump into me (and got knocked out twice) during an online quick race, but my rating never went down?

5. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Solid update!

uelas_77, sissydriver, Coanda and 2 others like this.
  6. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Totally agree. For me, every facet of this game has just been improved with this update.
    This sim is E P I C.

7. 69Harder

69Harder Rookie

I know that !
    But when you have done that it is not possible to confirm or cancel !
    The game freeze completely as mentioned in my previous post !

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I can't disagree with you there. Late in the AC development it was somewhat fixed for corners however not when you coast off line on a straight. The Ai just dont know what to do in this scenario. It's big problem. I hope Kunos give it the attention it needs and solve it once and for all.

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It's fairly straight forward if you follow Aris's instructions. Only one folder has to be copied and pasted and thats only if you want to use their workspace template.

What I have requested is the car Setup UI to have a button to generate the current motec log file so you do not have to exit your race weekend or session for it to be generated. This will alow for on the fly analysis whilst in a lengthy practice session.

10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Just got to rig and for the heck of it I deleted ACC and the folders and reinstalled a fresh ACC turned down mirrors to mid then ran .6 and I like the ‘18 GTR. But need to spend time tweaking ffb settings and also tweak graphics settings as in the wet it doesn’t look good. The radar is cool and not distracting to me. What’s distracting is the different color smoke end of race lol. And really wish he would shut up about my fastest lap after just doing 1 lap lol.

sissydriver likes this.
  11. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Has anyone else seen this odd behavior online?

During a race some cars were stopped on the racing line. I thought drivers had just pulled up initially.
    Then the screen flashed and it was night momentarily before returning to day. Then every car had huge plumes of smoke off the tyres.
    Then my car became instantly stationary and I couldn't move or even return to pits.
    Some other cars were still circulating .

I'll post this as an issue later.Just wondering if anyone else was there and witnessed it?

12. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Finally had a couple hours to play... my views on it.

Ffb seems very very numb now, but it might be because I did the folders delete stuff before the update and it seems that it killed off my wheel settings... so if someone has suggestions on how to set.my t 300 I would be grateful. I set damping at 0 right away, but wheel is very very hard to move and track feeling seems to be close to nothing right now, when it was previously great.

I have profile stuck too after reaching pace evaluation.

Multiplayer seems to be crashless but race starts are a joke with the leader that can fly away during the formation lap...

Also the timing are totally off and weird.

I see that the profile was reset, no problem but we should have some fixed hotlap special events on all tracks to get track competence back up.

The radar is a decent addition, but having it centered on the screen is a bit disturbing to me... moved to the right side would be cool.

The gtrs are weird to drive, but again it may be due to the bad ffb since I lost settings... feel like boats, and understeer like mads at all speed.

I hope to have the time to race some more soon, and give better feedback.

Oh the game runs a bit smoother, and it seems to work far better without vsinc on, the tearing seems a lot less than before, but I did stop play waiting for this update very long ago so maybe placebo?

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The update is a huge step forwards and I'd like to thank the dev team for making this possible...I mean a pro-level sim including day/nighttime racing and rain available to me for some 25 €.

Please make sure to publish some expensive DLC, soon. I have an urge to throw money your way :p

First, 3 points of improvement that I personally find very important:

- During MP races, there are still lag events although the FPS are high. I suspect that this is people joining/leaving the server. I hope this can be improved as it spoils the otherwise very smooth performance.
    - AA improvements would be good - it has become better, already but strong jaggies in track limit lines are not so nice.
    - Mirror: it takes too much of a toll on FPS IMO - I gain 25 FPS in the GPU benchmark when going from "low" (res and Q) to "off". In percent, that's an improvement of 32 % and the mirror doesn't even look very good and it isn't even visible in that benchmark!

Now, random positive points.

- FPS improved due to CPU optimizations - proven with facts and figures through my method in "The ACC Benchmark Thread". On my system, there's a FPS increase of 7 % to 10 % and a much improved FPS stability - the min/max delta is now only half of what it was before. I cap the FPS at 73 and during several online races in Monza and on the Night and Rain official server in Misano there were barely any drops below that. Usually, only minor drops to ~70 when other cars are around. The absolute minimum I saw was 62 FPS when passing the pit lane in Misano during rainy nighttime. So FPS remain pretty stable even in demanding scenarios.
    - Image quality: am I placeboing hard or were there improvements?!? Although the picture is still too jaggy to my liking, I feel an improvement...the picture seems less blurry and maybe a tiny bit less jaggy. The advanced sharpening filter looks good IMO and only takes a 1 FPS toll. I also love the slight haze that is very obvious in the Monza forest sections. What setting corresponds to that? Also, the reflections on the Nissans rear look very good - it really stood out to me...were there improvements or is this just because the Nissan's rear is such a nice big mirror?
    - Ratings are now working as intended and I love them.
    - I love the radar app. It's much better than I thought it would be. I'll always use it from now on.
    - Physics/FFB: I feel some improvements. I loved it before and it keeps getting better and better IMO. Accidentally entering wet race at Misano in the Nissan with dry tyres and making it back to the pits made me appreciate all the realistic car reactions and the great communication through the wheel.
    - Sounds will be new industry standard - very realistic and "treated with great care" as in: no unnecessary filters, enhancements or crazy leveling. @AC Support I believe the credit goes out to you. I once was an audio engineer and I know the challenges you are facing here - great job!
    - Monza looks and feels beautiful. It seems to be the most lively track in terms of spectators so far.

I could go on about the positive aspects - they outweigh the negatives by far in this build.
    The missing features and very obvious issues (race handling still not quite working etc.) are no real points of criticism for me right now - it's natural that this needs more time given the code rewrite.

14. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Did you remove the old settings files in your Windows user name folder, as advised in case of problems?

15. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Hi dev team, I have problem with accessing the Driver profile again. The weird bit is that yesterday all my ratings were reset to 0 and I started building them up but today they are all back at the level they were before the reset
    Untitled1.png

16. 69Harder

69Harder Rookie

I have removed everything and reinstalled and having the exact same problem !
    Waiting for next update !

The first time Kunos has disappointed me :(

17. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hi there, please associate your Steam account has form rules: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/forum-rules.3/

Then disable the fullscreen in the game video options and also check that your Steam controllers page is configured like the following images:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If the issue persists, open a new thread in the Troubleshooting room and attach the logs.

nate and Ischemica like this.
  18. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

Looks like a but with engine start procedure, i noticed one thing, if you use automatic procedure and during qualification you come back to pit the car no longer initialize the procedure automatically, to solve this you need to go to options and set it to manual and start the engine, but if after this you set again to automatic it no longer work and at the start of the race you don't have the engine.

I need to investigate more before to open a thread in support forum.

19. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

This?
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...n-fail-some-other-crashes-while-online.55131/

20. Si.

Si. Simracer

I have an issue with FFB too with my Fanatec CSR, although in general the forces are improved (I no longer need to use Damper) and much smoother, the road effects seem very muted. In fact moving the Road Effects slider between 0 and 100% has negligible effect. Most kerbs are smooth and the road surface has little surface feel. So far I have only tested Lambo at Nurburgring, I’ll test further and post an issue in Controller sub forum if still an issue with my pc, wheel settings etc.

I’ve read that Restarting the session sorts the FFB for T300 but this doesn’t work for me.