1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.8 released - Official thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Not yet.
    ~Bailey

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Lighting is nice but I'm not really mad for the HDR overexposure effects.

My eyes aren't a camera lens, my brain isn't a CCD chip. I see glare but I don't see over or underexposure, that's a photographic effect.

3. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, KUNOS for another great update. Nice start on the new sky box, looks like dinamic weather is doing is first steps.
    Hopping that we will test MP until the end of April.

Backmarker and spiritofsenna like this.
  4. alex72

alex72 Alien

I wonder if i will ever have no lag (or minimal at least) when AI crash into eachother and me with my cpu. :( Now we dont even have damage. Can only imagine what happens then lol.

I had some nice fights in the Lotus race challenge. AI is much funnier, but the severe lag i get when they touch eachother or me is a bit sad. When they stop touching eachother its super smooth.

5. Majnu

Majnu Racer

Let's see if this update has improved performance.
    edit - seems to have done it. We're back in the game!!!!! :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  6. shiiish, I dont even got the 0.8.1 yet!

7. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

I should mention that I have HDR turned off

8. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

Huge boost in performance for me! I ran it 1680x1050 and low world detail. Now it's 1920x1080 and maximum world detail - awesome!
    (Looks really good now, considering I'm using an almost 2 year old laptop - for hotlapping I can even activate 4xAA on some tracks, such as Imola)

The only issue that is left is that whenever the frame rate drops below 40-45*, I get stutters, showing up as little spikes in the fps app. I'd consider 30 fps still ok for the start of a race, but the stutters make it unplayable, so I have to back off with the graphic settings quite a bit. If there is a way to get rid of the stutters, it would result in another huge boost in graphic settings. Any chance of that happening?

*this is very rare on the settings mentioned above, it just keeps me from going even higher, graphic-setting wise.

alex72 likes this.
  9. noninmedia

noninmedia Racer

After this update, the performance is increased (for me). Now I can push it from 4x to 8x anti-aliasing and anisotropic. I use v-sync on (because I have tearing with v-sync off) and now in the most crowded situations, with smoking tires etc.. i lose up to 4-5 fps but they immediately go back steadily to 60fps. This with 15 opponents (I have not tried it with full starting grid) and with the same video settings for the world, shadows etc and HDR enable.
    Great!

Grazie ragazzi!
    Una piccola azienda italiana ma un grande, grande, grande, grande lavoro!
    Thanks guys!
    A small italian company but a great, great, great, great job!

10. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

- Controls configuration: allow sharing of buttons between sequential gears and h-shifter in manual assignment

Can someone explain the exact meaning of this change?

11. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

I love the 312T, such a joy to drive it. The new clouds, while a step in the right direction are still quite far away from realistic. I know how hard it is to make a dynamic sky. There is often the same cloud repeated several times in close proximity and some clouds look more like smoke when against a bright sky. I don't really why we need the new lotus and how it is different the other ones, but oh well...

12. Nitro

Nitro Rookie

• Great job on AI, it's now possible to race with no nervous breakdown. AI pilots are less "primitves" in their behaviour, avoid each other and so on. Really good improvement.
    • Ferrai 312T is a great pleasure, it's a mythic car for me, sound is incredible, behaviour very fun.
    • Lotus 240R interesting but there is now a lot of lotus with few differences among each other
    Very good update, thanks.

13. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

I havent checked processor usage yet. i7 3770K ( stock ), 8 gigs ram, Windows 7 Professional, Whell ? ( is that wheel ? ) T 500, will supply in game settings when I figure out how to paste the screen shot into this post

14. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

yeah 0.8.2 is really great, much better performance now (like on 0.7.8) :)
    Only one thing is bad in my opinion: Couldnt be all Driver 100% strength even the last ones? When i use all possible cars in near classes, they drive 4-5 seconds slower then possible for the AI, because the last ones are too slow. Races arent fun, when the faster cars dont push enough.

Darren Blythe likes this.
  15. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Alex..... decrease your Aniso "16x " and "Shadows" to get some more FPS. Also, your Corsair cx500w might be getting unstable when there is more demand from your CPU & GPU since there might not be enough supply power during those power demands. Look at my specs and i have not been experiencing any of these problems racing with the AI.

16. alex72

alex72 Alien

It happens anyway on collision. Well see if it gets better with time. I know the cpu isnt very good lol. :) Will get an intel when i can afford it again.

17. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

I am enjoying the Ferrari 312T immensely! :)

Who here is a Ferrari 312T expert? The exhaust flames appear to be very common with this car in the few races I ran against the AI. Is that normal or overdone? just curious....
    :rolleyes:

18. baboon

baboon Alien

I'm impressed with how the AI has improved in just a few builds. Not only track behaviour, but also performing better on my system (I get playable 35-55fps with 11 AI). Now I'm even looking forward to play through the career mode :)

some minor issues I noticed while driving with mixed streetcar grids @ vallelunga and mugello:
    AI driving @ Vallelunga Club still needs work
    new Lotus Exige 240 hasn't got an AI driver name (says 'null' in 0.8.1)
    AI seems to struggle a bit too much driving the F40 at a decent pace

Also it would be nice to give AI cars some more fuel, the F40 can't even do 10 laps @ Monza

19. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Blame the Ai for those flames, they tend to do ultra fast on/off throttle adjustments, creating ridiculos flames.
    There will be no such problems on the MP:)

Backmarker likes this.
  20. diegostop

diegostop Gamer

whel, after update 0.8.2 was estabilized.
    In riva tuner: gpu 66%
    mem gpu 1800 mgs
    ram 3500 mgs
    hall in max, only reflejos in med
    thanks kunos!