1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.8 released - Official thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Mar 28, 2014.

1. TonaZ

TonaZ Racer

Very big update. Nice clouds, finally...
    But, "Revised AI behavior", have to disagree: feels the same as previous releases to me. AI always bumping, no awareness of you.
    Bytheway thanks for the good work.

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The 0.8.2 update seems to have fixed all the performance issues I had with 0.8 and now running better then before. Still some issues with apps and SLI but using Dashmeter pro app gives me all the info I need with no performance impact.

3. Majnu

Majnu Racer

Ah cool. So it's plausible for multiplayer to have as much as 25 cars on the grid.

I'm going to make a spreadsheet, try various graphic options, fov, camera views, Apps ON/OFF and monitor cpu and gpu performance with the updates. I should have done this sooner tbh. But I was only playing solo or against a single AI so never noticed any difference before.
    Good news is that the next NV driver in April is going tto bring DX11 game performance improvements. But I think that the CPU is at 100% having to calculate telemetry for 25 cars. It could be a bottleneck.

4. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

One problem, however, is still present in the AI behavior, some times if the car hits you from behind as is "glued" to my car, it is not able to continue until we can wipe it off with some maneuvering, or even after a while if it fails to come off is withdrawn her, it happens a few times but it has happened to me with open wheels that other car

Bailey likes this.
  5. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

That sounds to be a problem in the collision physics, rather than AI?

6. F2kSel

F2kSel Racer

I only played a little and also couldn't tell much difference with AI either, they still brake right on the apex when in front of you and use you as a brake when they're behind and when they do have an accident they seem to keep their foot on the throttle.

I have awful FPS in first corner (5fps) then usually around 60fps minimum 160 fps max

7. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

I think that is Ai releated. If i hit an Ai's car I don't get glued to it, and when AI hits me I can see that the driver tries to keep it's line and push the gas like if I wasn't there.

8. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

Well OK, then the description was a bit misleading. I agree that the AI appears to keep the line no matter what. You could probably park your car on the racing line and be hit by the AI each lap. Since that behavior (or non-behavior) unfortunately makes close racing impossible I don't really use the AI races so far. They are either too slow or, if they have a fair pace, you can't really be around them without getting hit and spinning out. That just gets me frustrated, so I'm good just driving alone for now.

9. Turk

Turk Alien

The AI driving through me only happened once or twice since the update, the fault of the contact could be argued either way (I'm going back watching replays of collisions to find fault) but the other car did try to continue on through my car, I was doing my best not to get spun and the AI slipped off the back of my car, it was turning into me so hard it went straight across the track when my car got out of it's way.

If the AI would simply come off the accelerator when they make contact with another car it would solve my problems.

10. If they come off the accelerator before making contact with another car would greatly help too! ;)

TonaZ and Joao Alves like this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

It won't stop me crashing into them. :D That could be a difficult variable for the AI to recognise. I think the AI does ok at avoiding collisions now its just that when they do happen the AI just stick to you, it's like they're turning into you and it's very hard to avoid spinning. If they came off the accelerator the two cars could separate at least.

12. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Old news, but back before v0.7, the cars really did "stick" or "get glued" to each other. Even on the Silverstone straight I could inch towards the rear quarter panel of the AI and the car would just get sucked up into the AIs car. There is a less of a degree of that in v0.8, but it is still present. I believe it is collision and near collision based.
    ~Bailey

13. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I have started staring at the clouds in the sky...right now I am seeing shapes exactly like AC clouds!

brianr121 and spiritofsenna like this.
  14. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

drogas? :p

F430_458_F12 and Joao Alves like this.
  15. Majnu

Majnu Racer

If I stay stationary at the start line the AI will collide into the back of me and do what you described. If damage was turned on your race would be over lol

Backmarker likes this.
  16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I've been trying the challenge race at Mugello with the Fiat 500.

My impressions of the AI are pretty good, as long as I show them some respect then I'm having fun racing them. Watching replays they do actively try to avoid contact with me, even when the situation's been caused by my last lap banger racing tactics... I almost wish they'd show me a little less respect. I hairpin dive bombed into the lead on the last lap of a race and ran wide, it would have been fantastic if the AI had responded by driving back up the inside and running me out of road. Instead it respectfully let me drive back onto line for the win. I'd like to see it at least defending the inside line into tight corners, leaving the door open makes it a bit too easy even for me :)

Overall though I'd say things are going very much in the right direction.

17. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

+1
    Otherwise, I find that the AI is better at not hitting me at T1/L1

18. jamba

jamba Racer

to much light in this version imo o_O
    way to much

19. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

The light is good...but at certain places on the track, the bloom and HDR seem slightly out of control. I'm sure they'll optimize it in the next update :)

Backmarker likes this.
  20. dr.solveberg

dr.solveberg Racer