1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.8 released - Official thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Your Corsair 500 supply is a weak link. I added additional comments to my earlier post on this. My CPU isn't the best either so i don't believe that's your problem plus i'am using an old ATI 4890 GPU. :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  2. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

0.8.2 - All the lost FPS are back + 10-20 more !! AMAZING ! I have an ATI GPU.

The fps went down from 50 to about 40 after 0.8 and now at 0.8.2 it went up to 60 even 70 + wow.
    It went up so much that fort the first time ever i start to notice tearing and i feel like vsync could help but my GPU isn`t powerfull enough to get good fps with vsync on...FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS Hahaha :D.

3. alex72

alex72 Alien

My PSU is ok for my hw. I only have 1 videocard so its alright. I hope Kunos can make it better as i have around 130-160FPS otherwise. Its just the cars touching eachother it lags for a second. Well see.

4. palmen

palmen Rookie

Great update, thx

5. dbell76

dbell76 Racer

Had some races with the exige 240.....20 cars on nbr gp.....pwrformance is stabil
    Fantastic feeling,ai is again better than in past,only this kind of glue effect when i'm fighting door to door is negativ at the moment.....go ahead kunos! Thx

6. Turk

Turk Alien

The only criticism I would have is that there's too much contrast in the image. The blacks and whites are blown so they lack detail, if there was a way to adjust contrast in the graphics settings I'd take it down a notch or two. Other than that my arms are weak from driving, the Ai have improved a whole lot and put up incredible battles between the player and themselves. It looks great, no frame rate problems, I've even turned of vsync as my usual vsync problems (even outside of this game) don't seem to be happening, frame rates 100 plus.

Darren Blythe and barrelbreak like this.
  7. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Yes, after the FPS-drop-shock now with 0.8.2 the performance is much better. Great work Kunos!
    I hope Kunos will continue this way of optimizing performance.
    Less demanding reflections and replays (especially Monza first chicane and Mugello after Variante Alta) and this sim will be even better, although it's the best on the market already...

8. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Just tryed AI race with 10 cars @ nurb and i have 40 FPS..this is how much i had before hotlaping, the optimization in this game it`s through the roof and since it was the first time i could race AI with more than 25 or 30 laggy fps i was so damn excited and i had to try and record a video and man did i succed, and i`ve tryed in 0.5 i think i there was no way i could record any video @1080P and now the recording performance has improved so much...excuse my excitement but i must post the video i`m so happy i can record now lol and to be honest maybe there are some players who dindt try to race the AI yet and Bailey`s video and mine would help + i have a nice "surprise" at the end of it hehe - it`s just 1 lap dont worry ^^. AI was set to 100 % if that matters and it puts up a damn amazing challenge.LOVE IT !
    Also i`m so happy to see how much positive feedback this update bought and pretty much zero MP complaints, i think this is the true AC comunitty at it`s best i feel honored to be a part of it :).

High contrast it`s due to video recording no ideea why, also excuse my not perfect fps while recording :D

9. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Hope you are able to get it all sorted, best of luck! :)

10. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

Just a random post from Aris about 312T from facebook. :) Still interesting though.

11. dESK0

dESK0 Racer

Hi to all and congratulations to Kunos for your (our) awesome sim. Sorry for my bad english ;)

On Hotlap and Practice the performance is pefrfect, 70-80fps and up.
    With 23 AI cars, before 0.8.0 I got fps drops on race start and 1st corner (smoke, smoke and more smoke). On 0.8.0 I got massive fps drops on AI races with 24 cars on grid at Mugello (not tested another circuit yet). Average framerate downs too (to 70-80fps on 0.7.8 to 30-50fps).
    Now with 0.8.2 back to good fps and smooth races without stuttuer.

The new changes are great, especially on AI improvements (no more chaotic starts or overtakes) and lighting. Clouds seem realistic.

12. RuaOnze

RuaOnze Gamer

Translation by google::(

The IA has improved but still should make some adjustments, for example, I still think they brake more than your car, so at times you can not avoid a hit from behind. Another thing is that the AI keeps her in line when you put the car on the side, but if you start getting in slowly in her line, the IA still does not seek to avoid the collision, swerving or braking. And lastly, when you wheel and gets the car stuck on the track or returning slowly, sometimes the IA dodges and other collides you.

merde italien likes this.
  13. noninmedia

noninmedia Racer

Yesterday evening racing at Imola with the Lotus exos s1 I had two crashes of the game. I noticed that the crash occurred when the opponent after an accident flew into the air. Today i have not tried one more time and then i do not know if the problem persists. Can i attach the logs folder now even though the crash occurred last night? In addition to this, in Imola, always with the Lotus exos s1, when the race starts opponents practically not start (I start from the bottom). Tires smoking, car almost blocked, drivers retire, you overtake almost everyone. Others of you had this problem?

14. noninmedia

noninmedia Racer

I tried it this morning.
    the game crashed and I tried to press the esc key and went back to the main menu.
    I attach the log folder. Please tell me if i have to open a new discussion for this problem. Thank you.

Attached Files:

15. Gloso

Gloso Racer

I tried too this morning, i have more or less the same FPS. In Practice i have 50 FPS but with IA (10) cars i think the FPS have been increassed, 25FPS at the start and 35 FPS later. I know that my computer is a bit old (Athlon 64x2 4200+ OC 2,8GHz) and my GPU (GT630 overclocked) is bad but i can play in 1080 with textures in maximum and effects at 4X. If i put everything in minimum i don't experience a high increasse of FPS ingane. I'm going to try now more configurations. Good job KS.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  16. thanks for this option in 0.8.2
    - Controls configuration: allow sharing of buttons between sequential gears and h-shifter in manual assignment
    when it's going to be possible to setup different buttons for paddle shifter and sequential shifter, now that they can be shared is a matter of adding the option, instead of gearup and geardown, gearup paddle, gearup sequential ?

17. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

I'd say that AI is about 50 % finished before it is true Kunos standard !

18. Majnu

Majnu Racer

How many players will multiplayer have? I tried racing with 25 AI and the framerate came tumbling down. I'm guessing it's very CPU and GPU intensive. When my car crashes or cars produce tyre smoke of the start line it dips even further down.

But I'll make note of my settings and monitor performance over the upcoming updates.

19. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

You can disable smoke, I'm doing that too.

20. BugA

BugA Racer

Every server will allow as players as pitbox the track has

Majnu likes this.