1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.8 released - Official thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Mar 28, 2014.

1. endgame

endgame Racer

Thoroughly enjoyed the T312 over the weekend, a real joy to drive. At first I was a little underwhelmed but once I started pushing it really came alive, it has almost a perfect blend of mechanical and aero grip and just the right amount of power.

AI isn't perfect yet (very slow off the line and in some corners) but vastly improved, had some really fun races in the T312 at Monza and Imola.

Cant say I noticed much difference to the lighting and the clouds are well kinda cloudy I suppose. Great work though, fantastic update.

2. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

Weird while everyone had frame drop after 0.8 i had frame boost, was 60fps before update, and after update 80 to over 100fps with some stuttering though, after 0.8.2 bback to solid 60fps

3. plaid

plaid Alien

AI behavior regarding avoid bumps and the collusions are clearly better, but now I got the impression that the first thing was for some parts payed with them being more passive.
    It seems that the superior AI (my car at 100%) dont do much at all now regarding overtaking the others (94%). Before that it had overtaken many cars in a 10 lap race.
    For the future I hope they become better in a offensive/defensive way.
    Still its now much better then before.

4. Majnu

Majnu Racer

why does disabling HDR disable FXAA also?

Also does anyone else have loads of jaggies in the 312t

Pay attention to the white stripe around the cockpit. Adding FXAA (at least X4 does smooth it out, but it leaves it blurry and a taxing aliasing method)

[​IMG]

5. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Sorted out the "no cockpit appearing" issue with F1 :)

I can only describe the performance improvements of 0.8 (0.8.2) as nothing short of sensational. Can now run triple screen rendering with 10% more FPS than single frame rendering at 5760 x 1080 on my 780Ti. Amazing job. AI improved too. Great work.

Darren Blythe likes this.
  6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

The AI still gives too big an FPS hit, I reckon. By myself, I get 130 FPS. When I add 15 Lotus 240R in front of me on the grid, I get 47 FPS on the grid - a loss of 83 FPS. If I just leave my car stationary and let the AI drive away, the FPS goes up to only 85, even when the AI are all out of sight.

I hope that this doesn't mean multiplayer with other cars is going to suffer such a massive FPS drop as well.

7. BugA

BugA Racer

With AI your computer has to calculate your car's physics and AI physics. In MP mode you'll have more FPS but probably not as many as in single mode.

8. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

i have preatty the same performace with a i5 5770k @4.2 ghz and 7970 ghz compared to i7 3770k @ 4,2 ghz with a r9 290 oc... that's not possible, both with 13.12 catalyst (both crossfire disabled cause it doesn't work) win 7 64bit, the only difference is in the onboard ram 32 gb with i5 and 16 gb with i7....can it be the ram the cause?
    i very sad about it

9. Deh

Deh Racer

I tried everything and I can't see this new clouds, any suggestions?

10. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Your Fps drom is quite big. With 15 cars I lose about 15-20 fps at the start (and the value raises when there is more distance between cars and we are far from the pit-lane's buildings)

11. Majnu

Majnu Racer

Was that question really meant for me? I'm not a fan of the new clouds, they are over exposed imo. But others have suggested to see the benefit of HDR run a race at the earliest and latest time of the day.

12. Majnu

Majnu Racer

Very similar to what I've been experiencing too.

The game still isn't consistent yet imo. I get drops down to 45FPS under certain scenarios (if I crash, with cars infront and behind me on the starting grid and when the AI all produce tyre smoke at the start grid). I notice it does stutter at those frame rates. I measured CPU utilization with 25 cars on track and it was around 59% across all cores, but this was using Windows System Performance utility. I don't want to lose any more eye candy but I can sacrifice 120hz gaming in favour of a steady 60FPS.

13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Can't confirm this unfortunately. For me triple screen with 0.8.2 is still FPS drop (from fluid 60 FPS to stuttering 40 FPS) compared with single screen...

14. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

Hmm strange, with v0.8 and above, i have a serious FPS boost, at least 25%, even with higher settings!o_O Before at monza with 15 ai at the grid i had ~ 45-50fps, now ~70, and the gpu usage is less!

15. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

You make it sound like it's a bad thing :p

16. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

could it be you had shadows on mid or low before? And nvidia driver after 327?

17. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

Nope its great! i love it! i just replyd to Mike1304 :)

i used mid shadow, and low cubemap before because it gave better frame rate. Drivers always the latest!

18. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

I don't know if I should post it here or make a new topic...Can always do so if needed ;)

The game doesn't run smooth anymore, got more FPS but the rendering app spikes and visuals stutter a lot..

Attached Files:

19. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I didn't have enough time to take a better look at it but after 0.8.2 I have issue with stuttering as well which never happened before.

20. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

Always amd user have issue with this game...amd still sleeping as usual