1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.12 discussion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Georg Siebert, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The Quattro's just fantastic. I remember this sound resonating through the forrest watching the RAC in the 80s.

The only problem is I'm enjoying the wailing sound at high revs so much I keep crashing...

2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

At least there are some noticeable difference between cobbles and normal pavement. I'm not sure if cobbles and manholes lacks detail in physical mesh, or my G25 is unable to present them to me. By the way i think cobble stones should have less grip, and have noise like KERBS does.

Xenix and arthur666 like this.
  3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I can feel it, too. But I think it's to simulate new tarmac. Like RBR, or the VIR mod track, this part of the circuit has not much ffb feel to it.
    I like it. As I do the whole Highland track.

4. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Could someone please educate me as to what this new 'online Timed Races' is?

5. Warrior4Jah

Warrior4Jah Gamer

Even though I don't have my steeringwheel at home (in storage due to pending move); I couldn't resist trying some AC.
    I hooked up my trusty xbox 360 controller and played some highland with the new audi.

1) I really miss my steeringwheel :p. It is playable, but not the best experience with a controller.
    2) The audi sounds great and the track is nice!

I am sure I will enjoy it even more when I have my steeringwheel back. I also love it that AC is supported and updated so well!

6. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

For example LeMans 24h is timed race. :rolleyes:

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Something that I didn't even notice in the changelog... you can do a warm down lap now after you cross the line!! That's a great addition, much more immersive than freeze controls and fade to pit :D

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  8. Timed races are just that, the race distance is set as a cumlative time instead of set number of laps.

9. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

ok now I feel dumb. Dunno why but I thought it sounded like some kind of ranking based on your time for a race.

Whitestar and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  10. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

I wish driving over the cobbles would make louder sounds. (its great with bass shaker or buttkickers)

arthur666 and mantasisg 2 like this.
  11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Regarding timed races, I have to admit though that I don't understand this text in the server manual:
    Code:
    RACE_EXTRA_LAP=0 ; if it's a timed race, with 1 the race will not end when the time is over and the leader crosses the line, but the latter will be forced to drive another extra lap.
    I guess I know what it wants to say:
    0 means the race will be finished when the time is up and the leader crosses the line.
    1 means the leader will have to do one more lap when the time is up and he crosses the line (that's what they do at Le Mans).
    At least that's what would make sense.

However, I'm not sure if that is what the text above really tells me, I just fail to understand it.

Andy-R likes this.
  12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Lotus 49 with V10s at Highlands Long track... it is great ! With F40 it felt like there are too many long bends, with Lotus 49 it is not a problem, on the contrary. I like having that intense high speed non stop drive, then hard braking few slow corners to chill out :D and then again hard core. True Vintage race feeling. Awesome !

With Lotus 49 I'm not that picky about cobbles road feel, and the road noise of the rest. But I think Cobbles are missing sound effect.

@vegaguy 5555 I think I understand what you meant with "No Weight Transfer" thread, at least the part where you posted about no "Up and Down" vertical Gs feel. There are many totally crazy jumps, but not much feel about them. I understand that I'm not actually jumping with my chair, or getting pressed to the floor, but there are deffinitelly little or no feeling through the wheel for lifting off the ground and landing. Have to try other cars though. IIRIC Assetto Corsa ussed to have this feel.

V10 are awesome, and Aris too, and everybody in Kunos !!!!

DaveS78, vegaguy 5555 and Fat-Alfie like this.
  13. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

The more cars I drive on V10 the more I'm blown away by this 1.12 update.
    This elevates the sim to a whole new level. Fantastic effort by the devs.
    I absolutely have no clue how we come to deserve such a major update put out for AC like two years after launch, and then for free...
    THANKS ALL @ KUNOS!!:)

Dookie, TDS, digitizer and 6 others like this.
  14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

thanks, you just answered my question I think, i hadnt added that line to the config so was unsure if it defaults to 1 and it was controlling the warm down lap or if it was an extra lap for timed races... i guess it is an extra lap for timed races then :)

15. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Do the changes to the V10 tires and the chassis/inertia tweaks directly affect modded cars as well?

16. M96

M96 Racer

Don't think so, AFAIK these are changes that have been made to the cars' physics files themselves, not a physics engine change, so modded cars need to update by themselves, eventually, their physics file to bring their cars to v10 and with the respective, if needed, new inertia values ecc. ecc.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

mms and mantasisg 2 like this.
  17. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

@mantasigs2
    Yup deffinitive the jumps looks more spectacular in replays as it feels durring driving.
    The mass of a car plus his speed must have a bigger impact on the force feedback wheel.

18. lemax

lemax Hardcore Simmer

Audi quatrro group B ^_^ now we need some gravel tracks hehe :)

Vibe Style, miky and Mogster like this.
  19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Group B forever. Where's that Lancia licence Marco? :D

The fantasy tracks could have a variation with a gravel loop, making it a mixed surface rallycross track. It could be fun sliding the road cars around not just the rally cars. Road tyres might have an advantage over the semi slicks on the loose stuff.

AC Horizon... :rolleyes:

20. Sean

Sean Simracer

I don't see any thing in the change log for this, but HUGE thanks for changing both the way the online Race ends (you can now keep driving and are not forced back to pit immediately) and also for the transition from qualify to race start. Much better! Again, many thanks for this!

Kristaps and mantasisg 2 like this.