1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. The Celica on Trento-Bondone is magical.

Orne and Gevatter like this.
  2. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

I wish we could use higher-res skins...or no compression. (The gauge is also known, same limitation as on the Aventador).

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Maserati is such a car, it is much less a spaceship than I expected, it feels 90s, love it, great car !

djtopa and AmorFati like this.
  4. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

I'm surprised that on first glance the game needs less CPU than before. With 18 AI on Nords Endurance I'm at 80% CPU, which before could go to 90% or higher.

And AI now can drive mixed grid on the track. Biggest difference I think I'm seeing that hasn't mentioned is that the car being overtaken now reacts, makes some room/protects itself if defending is not possible (as in high speed difference between cars).

Old mod cars work just as good as the new official ones, even one still in V3 tires.

5. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Yep, I've fallen in love...
    She's Italian, has a enormous arse and is loud as hell, just they way I like them :)

Lawndart and Schnipp like this.
  6. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

The LMP1's have no tech specs and power graph.

7. New AI is a big improvement. It is now possible to go side by side through corners, the AI is fighting for postion and not just giving up. The AI was my main problem with AC, and now it seems its fixed.
    Great job!

ericRacer and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  8. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

@Aristotelis now that fuel density is taken into account does that affect the car's refueling rate during a pit-stop as in diesel vs. petrol/gasoline?

9. Psit

Psit Alien

I was told there would be night and rain... :p

AWESOME update KS.

10. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Not automatically because we do litres/sec or something similar. But obviously you can specifically change each car's refuelling time in the physics

11. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

correction, just no power graph. The tech specs are not completely filled.

12. kruether

kruether Rookie

Love the update, is the target time for the 'Just a taste' special event with the TT really meant to be set to 2 minutes? I did a slow sighting lap with a time of 1:53 and got gold :)

13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

great update

vo something ive noticed on ultra settings in GFX. So everything in the game at max with 19 AI. I have a i7 1080 and it benchmarked at 120!! But at a start of race with the taatus at Silverstone nat, I get a huge drop when tyre smoke appears to the min 45fps. Thing is if I restart its random sometimes it drop to that much sometimes maybe to 58. Ive tried lower smoke, but still get these random drops, its obviously better the lower it goes.

But also when I view the start from a track cam with all cars in view all kick up smoke solid 60fps?! its only when I'm racing in my cockpit?!

14. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Eh, they're sim racers, even if you did use higher-res skins they'd still find some other minute detail to complain about. I mean, I noticed the valve stem on the Celica was about 0.125 mm too tall so I had to sell my copy of the game as it was undriveable. :p

15. Davemester

Davemester Racer

really really good, BIG improvement on the AI. Love the cars as well, especially the celica.

can someone tell me the new sector time app (nice touch btw) colopurs meaning? purple absolute best, green personal best but what is grey and black?

also can you tell me how exactly P2P works? I should qualify, and basod on that i will get some amont?

tjx
    cheers

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The Porsche is the same.

17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

AI did what?! Very tense fighting in GT3s here, whole thing is much better than only having some more aggression (btw why would you go below 100%?).
    The field looks much more alive and also sticks together a lot more. Witnessed very little gaps between fighting groups, why? RNG?

Ace Pumpkin and Schnipp like this.
  18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Ohhhhhhh WWWOOOOOOOWWW!!!!

The sound of the Celica is a pure eargasm, especially the sound of the boost pressure blowing off. (don't know if it uses a blow off or how it's actually done on this car)

I guess this is @AC Support's work, if so:
    I love you man, this is epic. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :D :D :D

fabT and AC Support like this.
  19. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

NICE UPDATE , !

is it just me or vr seems stuck on 45fps re-projection even when reprojection is off or using rift

20. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

ok my issue is above that I'm getting 100% cpu usage at the start! i7 gtx 1080 wtf?

21. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

Another observation: As expected the Porsche 962 LT obliterates the GT3 class cars around Nords. And it does in basically one constant drift :eek: what is this magic?