1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. just a bug.. it'll be back tomorrow

2. below 80 yes, above 100 no

3. mms

mms Alien

You have to tell me what you have been smoking lately to come up with that AI code, I really need some for myself :D:p:cool:

Solmyr, Fat Rich, TDS and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I almost cried when I saw prototype passing gt3 car with no sweat. This new AI is really good. Happy days! Thank you Kunos!

5. Davemester

Davemester Racer

What does that mean?

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

man the MC12 is a treat to drive.. slick work. very cool :cool:

djtopa, TDS and Eduardo AuKiss like this.
  7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

So AI can definitely make some spectacular mistakes now. That was at 100% strength, 4% variation, 60% aggression. Track surface at optimum and 26°C air so plenty of grip.

Honestly when I made room and it crashed into me I was like WTF? but looking at the replay I can totally see how this can happen. AI appears much more human now. :p

8. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

AI does appear very human, I almost feel I want to apologise to Dewayne Maupin, the AI driver of a beautiful white Maserati GT4. We had an unbelievable 9-lap battle at Zandvoort, constantly passing each other and together working our way from the back of the grid up to 6th and 7th place. Unfortunately the race was 10 laps long and on lap 9 I made a mistake drove my Audi TT cup into his car and caused him to drop 4 positions. Up till then it was the best race I've ever had in Assetto Corsa. Exciting every meter and totally believable.

Thanks to our Lord and the whole Kunos team! This update is just fabulous.

Typer, AurusCE, donShere and 13 others like this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

@Lord Kunos:
    Any way to enable the Ping value behind the driver name again or to add an option for future update to bring it back?
    It was quite handy for admin work.

I know the names go yellow or red like before, but there are often players with ~100 Ping (as yellow) with stable connection (north american to europe servers) or sometimes ~200-250 Ping (as red) with stable connections. These are quite ok, but the issue is with 300 or higher or if the value changes a lot.
    With the number it was quite easy to spot bad connections and if necessary kick them.

The color only isn't as informative.

10. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Save your setup naming it ai_default and AI will use it, except fuel and something that I can't remember right now, in next session.

Davemester likes this.
  11. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

AI is freaking amazing, it's like a new game. BIG PROPS.

Need help though. What's difference between Ballast and Restrictor? Ballast is just increased weight right? but what is Restrictor?

12. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

So much Fun with the Toyota Celica ST185 @Highland short and both Audi TT Cup/RS i like too.
    Nice touch displaying the player's nation flag online too .
    ................Too much Fun to notice the Wind
    Yeah the AI...Just great!!!!you can race with confidence and have a good race

Schnipp and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

When you make a setup in-game on the setup screen you can save it named ai_default in the track folder of a track and from the next session on that track the AI will use that setup (except the stuff they dynamically change, no fixed setups there). Having an electronics tab allows you to let them use something like High Aggressive ERS setting by default in LMP1 for a specific track. Don't know though which settings the AI can now adjust themselves in 1.14 (gearing and wing was added I think?).

sherpa25 and Davemester like this.
  14. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Im blind or something is missing. I dont see wind config in servers manual... And also restrictor line in server manual. Any explanation?

Thank you

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I don't think purple means best of all but rather your personal best (PB) for that segment of the track.
    I think grey means you were behind your PB and black means you were not gaining or losing time there.

As I said, not 100% sure. ;)

But purple (SB in the session), green/red (gain/lose) and black or grey (on par) would be more intuitive IMO.

Edit: I see that there is green on the F9 leaderboard, but don't recall seeing green on the delta app. Need to check that.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Davemester likes this.
  16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Oh, yeah. I really like the look of the new F9 thingy.

somake and Berniyh like this.
  17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, for some reason it's still not up.
    Anything wrong here? @Aristotelis

From what I know so far, thanks to @LeiF, you can specify wind in the [WEATHER_#] section like this:
    Code:
    WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=5
    WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=25
    WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=0
    WIND_VARIATION_DIRECTION=90
    Where the first and second are in km/h according to the server manager.
    The third and fourth are most likely in degrees, thus from 0 to 359, but I'm not 100% sure there.

I've set it to:
    Code:
    WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=0
    WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=10
    WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=0
    WIND_VARIATION_DIRECTION=180
    which – if I'm correct – should allow for none to moderate wind coming from any direction.
    A bit of speculation, though.

Restrictor, no idea, there is a value, but I don't know how it works and haven't tried.

18. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Can somebody give me the link where I can read explanation of this: 0,1,2,3... etc

[CAR_0]
    MODEL=
    SKIN=
    SPECTATOR_MODE=0
    DRIVERNAME=
    TEAM=
    GUID=
    BALLAST=0
    RESTRICTOR=0

and also wind config

[WEATHER_0]
    GRAPHICS=3_clear
    BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=20
    BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=7
    VARIATION_AMBIENT=2
    VARIATION_ROAD=2
    WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=1
    WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=5
    WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=45
    WIND_VARIATION_DIRECTION=5

19. What does "P2P" mean? I just noticed it on the Essentials Bar when I was racing the Audi TT Cup.

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The new AI is a great improvement. Takes advantage of my errors but races surprisingly cleanly. I've almost forgotten about the old AI trains already, the DLC cost would be worth it just for the AI improvements.

Nice job :)

Fat Rich, Ace Pumpkin and Alexandr66 like this.
  21. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

is dev app showing from what direction wind is coming?

Dont get it why we have to spend the time testing all new features just to understand what it is and how it works if devs could just put in couple words about it, could take them 20 second :(