1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Push to pass. The TT Cup has a sort of overboost for the engine that you can use a certain amount of times in a race and in AC you can use P2P via the KERS button.

Christopher Low likes this.
  2. Davemester

Davemester Racer

Push to pass. In race somehow you would het a certain nunber od this. Whixh is a boost like kers or smthng

3. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

Restrictor is exactly that it limits airflow to the motor which limits horsepower.

Cameltotem likes this.
  4. norbs

norbs Alien

A couple of nice little touches.

New names above cars.

[​IMG]

And mini segment times display.

[​IMG]

Typer, LeonW, Patrik Marek and 3 others like this.
  5. xela1

xela1 Racer

Has someone an experience with that new P2P feature. to me it seems that it doesn't work?? Explanation ?

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You can see the wind direction when you're in the pits next to the wind speed.
    Surely it's in some dev apps and maybe the realtime app as well, didn't check.
    Aris already apologized and said on the first page of the thread that he's uploading the updated manual.
    Don't know why it's not showing (yet). Normally it's there at about the same time the update is released.

7. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Only North Americans are allowed to use it...otherwise it's just a placebo. :D

ps - I are one.

8. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Push to Pass. It's exclusive to the TT Cup. It gives you an additional 30 HP when you enable it, and it lasts for ~15 seconds or so. Once that time is up, there is about a 20 second cooldown before you can use it again. And you are limited to 15 P2P uses per race.

This info is also on the 'gears' app.

Wouldnt say the AI messed up here. It was just more aggressive and tried to pass you on corner exit, and went onto that green stuff. And in AC, that green stuff has next to no grip whatsoever. Almost as if you were driving on ice. 2 wheels on the green + 2 wheels on kerb/tarmac = a bad time.

cerebralvortex likes this.
  9. If you need this broke down into baby bites then
    it would take a lot more than 20 seconds for the devs to break it down for you to understand.
    You are making this out to be way harder than it is:
    It's wind speed and direction: open the server manager tool and you will see that wind speed can be between 0-40 kph
    base direction is the direction you want the wind coming from and your variation value with +/- that number of degrees from the base direction.

If you open the telemetry app or the car physics app you can see the affects of the wind on the car's wings; otherwise you will likely never know it is there.

Engine restrictor is added just like ballast, only in percentage.

Gunja and Kopiller like this.
  10. M96

M96 Racer

Wow, thanks Kunos!
    Love the update, love the nice new UI touches (new names, minisector times etc.)..haven't tried the AI just yet because..there's just too much new stuff to try LOL
    About the cars:
    McLaren 570S doesn't seem very easy to control and slide to me, but I'm no drift king at all so probably that's just me
    McLaren P1 GTR is definitely fast, 6/7 sec faster around Moza than a GT3 after only a couple of laps...but it feels very heavy to me, way more than the FXX K does at least.
    Maserati MC12 ....I love it ! it's a little bit twitchy, both at the back and at the front with some corner entry oversteer, which are both but very controllable and fun though, great car IMO
    All the others can't comment yet.
    Thanks again Kunos, and even if I haven't tried it yet AI looks just amazing in the videos, congratulations Stefano!

11. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Would like the names above cars in VR (

and is this 'And mini segment times display' an app?

I like the little indicators showing fastest driver colours.

can you supply a link to dload it...

mms likes this.
  12. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

I think this is the positions bar in vertical layout. Press F9 to cycle through to it.

AlfaGunner and Schnipp like this.
  13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Looks like the leaderboard, toggle through it with F9.

Ninja'd

AlfaGunner and nate like this.
  14. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

I did joke in the past "it's Italian AI, what do you expect"...

...but now on my first 10 mins racing, other racing games might have to look at AC's AI as the benchmark )

Bravo )

15. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

In my case everything went as expected. Well, maybe only 570S is even better to drive than I thought - definitely the best car in the pack for me. 3-11 is quite close to it tho, also fun to drive and really quick one too.
    The TT Cup is total miss IMO on the other hand - during 2nd lap at Spa I started to fall asleep behind the wheel... such a boring car... especially that the RS VLN is just its bigger angier faster and more interesting brother... I can name few cars that were better choice (ehm, ehm.... V8 quattro DTM... ehm...).
    AI upgrade is very welcome addition too. I'm gonna give it a go with GT2/GTE class in a minute.

Anyone can suggest what 'standard' aggression settings should be (corresponding to previous updates settings?).

Great to see Panky fixed V6 Cup's Lotus sign... only if he could fix a little new bug that appeared :D (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ittle-new-issue-with-one-rim-with-1-14.45336/)

16. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Only had about an hour to play so barely scratched the surface. Ran through comparison of 2-Eleven and 3-Eleven and then MP4-12C and 570S.

3-Eleven is awesome. Cant believe it's handling some 460hp in such a small package and non-slicks while retaining composure. Thing just flies. Was a full 10 seconds faster than the 2-Eleven at Vallelunga.

The 570S was surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting much as I wasn't a huge fan of the 12C, but this thing has loads more character. Revs happily and is quite agile and playful. Was actually over 2.5 seconds quicker than the 12C at Vallelunga.

Cant wait to test more of the new cars and features tomorrow, especially the AI.

xystof likes this.
  17. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

I found all this already, thanks

18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It's not really comparable to past AI, even if you set aggression to 0% it's better than before. I have tried 90% but it doesn't make AI go into Maldonado mode, far from it. 100% might make them that, haven't tried yet. Some say 50% is good value, 0-10% for something like practice/trackday. They will still pass at 0%, but with more caution

19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Just did 2.5 laps in the R18 around Tourist and have to say I do actually like that car.
    Not as much as the 919, which imo is much more crazy, but the R18 does have a certain something.
    Also quite some sillyness, at lower revs it sounds like a lorry, at mid revs like a broken engine. ^^
    The KERS on that thing is ridiculous though in comparison to the 919.

Nevertheless, it's not actually that much slower, which was a bit of a surprise to me.
    Will take it round a couple of more times tomorrow. :)

20. Chemenu

Chemenu Rookie

Anyone else having trouble with lap times after the update?
    To be more precise: I'm ~ 2 seconds slower at Monza than before the update.
    Tried the new Audi R8 LMS 2016 at first and thougt I might just need some time to adapt to the car.
    But then I took the 488 GT3 and 911 RSR... down to 1:52:xxx lap times as well.
    I was able to do 1:50:xxx lap times with version 1.13. Something feels and seems different but I don't know what it is... :confused:

Regarding the new AI, I absolutely love it. Great to see some real racing action taking place across the field. :)