1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. I watched a replay of my test drive in the Audi TT VLN @ Silverstone National, and I noticed the new style name tag above my car with "Mogget" next to a little Union Jack. It brought a tear to my eye. God save the Queen! :cool:

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

upload_2017-5-18_21-33-25.png

3. I need to change my sig, I'm using normal smoke and set reflection rendering frequency to the middle, which I think is High but might be Normal. I have a video on my channel of my running 30+ AI at VIR while recording locked at 60fps. Oh yeah, I'm using adaptive v-sync instead of frame capping currently. (I also sometimes lower a couple settings a bit more and then use 2X DSR)

I think smoke on ultra is bugged.

MsportDAN likes this.
  4. Davemester

Davemester Racer

but can you tell me what do they mean? what is black (or empty)? purple is best of all i guess, green is PB grey is slower right? but what is black? thx :)

@Aristotelis ? :)

Also can you tell how P2P works (how many do i get)?

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  5. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

4K or non-compressed 2K are 16MB, massive jump. Our absolute maximum limit is 43-44MB.

garyjpaterson likes this.
  6. Ah well, definitely fair enough. Just looked a bit odd compared to the other cars (and my own experience, which is always 2k), so i assumed it was less.

Looks fantatsic otherwise, both the model ans actual car. Definitely the coolest modern Lotus :)

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, I'm a skinning newb but... I've been using DXT5, ARGB, 8 bpp for the main skin file for liveries, 2K resolution, resulted in 4-12MB size - 4K isn't that much larger either - and for files without alpha 8.8.8., RGB, 24 bpp and much smaller sizes. Loads quick and from 1m+ away in-game I can't really make out any serious impact on quality.

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Lord Kunos

I am not sure if it has been asked.. Why has the electronics option been removed from the setup screen?

I had a brief run with GT1 & LMP1 @ Spa. The AI is allot better so congrats a nice step in the right direction. One thing I still noticed whilst coasting off the race line they still slow down however it seemed not for as long.

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Something must be really wrong with my nvidea settings I guess. I have slightly overclocked i5 6600 and GTX970 and I have issues with 24 cars, lowest smoke and low reflections and ref quality. I also use adaptive v-sync. No DSR (I assume that reduces performance.) Maybe natural pp mod is to blame.Performance has seemed worse ever since I had to replace my mobo. Story for another thread I guess.

10. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

both tt cars are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love the update and the dlc, thank you kunos!!! :D:D

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah it's gone. I want it back. :/

Particularly for being able to save the settings in the ai_default setup.

Solmyr, Vel and Eduardo AuKiss like this.
  12. VallinKenel

VallinKenel Hardcore Simmer

Does anybody have a bug with the AMG GT3 constantly having flames coming from the exhaust ?

It's great how much the AI has been improved :D Love the MC12 GT1 as well ;)

13. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Last minute bug guys. Will be back probably in tomorrow hotfix. Sorry about that

Solmyr, AurusCE, LChaves and 17 others like this.
  14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That's good to read, thank you.

15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I have had that in replays for a while now. It seemed to sort itself out eventually if I skipped laps/players/cameras (or possibly just waited :p)

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

AI variation is always downwards right? So 95% AI with 5% variance is 90-95%. And if someone would use 80% it would go as low as 75%? Would assume this is the case, just making sure. But another less obvious (?) thing.. does the Variation slider affect also how much all cars (even the fastest ones) vary their performances inside a lap? Got this impression from video by Aris, but maybe I misunderstood

17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

smoke on ultra is the only thing that killing my cpu usage. as I said in the bench I got 120 avg fps solid all around the track. Soon as I see a few cars light up tyres (mpt sure how many mind you) cpou % dives. Good to know thanks MH

ultra smoke does seem bugged :) High smoke cpu usage down to 60-70%

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Variation is up and down. You put 90% and 2% variation, AI will be 88-92

ApexPredator, Typer, Solmyr and 9 others like this.
  19. Sean

Sean Simracer

Great patch and DLC, thanks! (I really appreciate the extra functionality you keep adding with these patches, cheers!)

[​IMG]

Ischemica and Alexandr66 like this.
  20. mms

mms Alien

What about the limits, can it go below 80 and above 100?