1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR support in Assetto Corsa 2016

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lawndart, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, and SimXperience is adding SimCommander support for Wind effects too. I can easily believe it adds a lot of immersion in VR; even a simple fan adds something to the open-wheel cars. :)

2. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

I know, I can't wait for the update of SC4 that will add Simwind support.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  3. hazardic

hazardic Alien

great. however win 10 requirement is redundant in applications like this

4. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

For those that feel (like me) that ASW is an immersion killer (it IS noticeable), there is a registry hack to disable it. It was driving me crazy, as I have the graphs pretty cranked up (AA 8x, AF 16x, PD 1.6), and whenever ASW kicked in, the image was no longer fluent. Even worse, the FPS stayed @45. All this on an i7 6500K combined with a GTX980 Ti.
    So I created this register file, and no longer need I cycle trough all the cars (hopefully uneven amount) to disable it. Whenever I used CTRL+H to disable or reenable the onscreen apps, ASW would kick in again. Now, I can jump in my car, and start driving right away. I've tested it numerous times, and for me it works fine. I'm on Win10 64-bit.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oculus VR, LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oculus VR, LLC\LibOVR]
    "AswEnabled"=dword:00000000

Save this file as whatever.reg, double click it, reboot and you're good to go.
    Kudos go to phoenixdigita1 that posted this on Reddit.

Mr Chip, colombianomd and elchshooter like this.
  5. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

You're absolutely right, it IS noticable. I have almost the same hw-setup. nothing beats 90 fps.

It all is a little bit inconsistant at the moment. i can drive for hours with solid 90 fps, next day i start almost the same session with the same amount of AI and activated apps and have a slightly choppy image. and 45 fps

I activated/deactivated/asw;set it to auto...
    ("Crtl and 1-4")
    I didn't see a connection to crtl+h but it could be, as i just show apps, when i need it and use hide/show apps quite often.

Would be awesome, if your solution worked.

Edit: Is there any tool, that shows me realtime if ASW is activated?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  6. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

Alas, it does not :( .
    Just ran a mutliplayer on the green hell, as usual I started off in the wrong car, so I pressed CTRL+1 to go back to my car and it did reactivate ASW.
    For offline vs AI it does seem to work, as I'm in the correct car when entering the track. Sorry for that, was really hoping like you were.

I see when ASW is activated via the AC FPS counter.

7. elchshooter

Only workaround for me is to sit into my car (ctrl+1) and activate asw, then alt/tab out of ac, deactivate ASW and alt/tab back in.

8. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

CTRL+ (NuM LOCK)1 works on track as well.
    I mapped CTRL+ (NUM LOCK)1 to a button, so for now, it has a double function, but it keeps me from having to alt tab and enabling me to keep the headset on.
    Would be a lot easier if we had the possibility to change one of the two shortcuts, be it in AC or in Oculus..

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im not noticing AWS :O Maybe im so into the experience atm and this will be something I disgust later on, but I hope not.

10. Gunja

Gunja Alien

11. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

it is auto enabled as of current oculus home versions.

mms and Gunja like this.
  12. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

In my experience, going online with the CV1, when entering the track, the focus is on another car, not my own. I need CTRL+1 to goto my own car, and that activates ASW. On my machine that forces the FPS down to 45, even when capable of holding on to 90 FPS. So I need to press it a zillion times before entering my own car, hoping that ASW is disabled that way. Suppose I crash and unable to drive back to the pits, when pressing ESC, back to pits, the focus is again on another player's car, so CTRL+1 is required again to enter my own car, reenabling ASW

13. Gunja

Gunja Alien

So ctrl+numpad1 is ON/OFF hotkey?

edit:
    @nivadepi CTRL+numpad 2 will get you straight to your car, no need to cycle back through entire grid to get back.

14. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

CTRL+Numpad1: Disable ASW, go back to the original ATW mode

CTRL+Numpad2: Force apps to 45Hz, ASW disabled

CTRL+Numpad3: Force apps to 45Hz, ASW enabled

CTRL+Numpad4: Enable auto-ASW (default, use this first)

Dean Ogurek, colombianomd and Gunja like this.
  15. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Thank You.

16. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

Yes, thank you all.
    However, it seems that we are not out of the woods yet. Using CTRL+2 to go directly to the car disables ASW but forces 45 FPS.

17. elchshooter

yeah, thats exactly why i at first change to the car, switch out of AC, change to the asw mode i want and switch back to ac

nivadepi likes this.
  18. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

I think I'll go with your workaround until Kunos decides to tackle the "random car issue in VR" or Oculus decides not to force ASW on us. Hopefully Virtual Desktop won't crash when trying that.
    It has to be said, AC is amazing in VR and gets better with every update, but it is a shame that one needs to apply multiple workarounds before being able to race. Once in the correct car on track @90 FPS it is unbeatable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining as we already got much much more from Kunos as initially expected.

19. elchshooter

Try to look at it from another point of view:

We are all VR-Testdrivers. We have the chance to experience something new, and there definitely are flaws. but as long as there are workarounds it's worth it, kunos delivers us the best available opportunity to really use that tech and VR gives us the best available tech to use ac.

If you look into the problem we have here at the moment it's only to a small part kunos' fault. yes, there is the "wrong car"-bug. wasn't a big thing, you pressed [crtl 2]. solved.

Then oculus makes an update and they use a shortcut the best VR-Sim used for years. I won't blame them too much.There are lots of little problems to be solved, rules to be made, trims to be done, especially if you consuder, that hardware-vendors/driver-programmers/vrsoftware-devs/virtual desktops/os developers/sim-devs have to go hands in hands to deliver a flawless experience. But that's the price we have to pay to be the first.

Dean Ogurek, Cote Dazur and nivadepi like this.
  20. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

true that, well said.
    You're absolutely right, didn't mean to bash on Kunos, I know it is not their fault nor their responsibility. I am also aware that they are the only company that can and does deliver such an amazing experience, and for that I am extremely grateful.

Dean Ogurek and elchshooter like this.