1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Weekly challenge 4 - 17th March till 23rd March - BMW M1 S3 Vallelunga Club

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Paul Davidson, Mar 17, 2014.

1. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

It has to be turbocharged and it works only in Drift or Stage x specs of the car. But I don't remember if it works for more cars than 1M S3 and Z4 Drift. I'm sure it doesn't work for F40.

sherpa25 likes this.
  2. andyclegg1

andyclegg1 Gamer

1.02.357 I'm afraid. As a matter of interest, where in cabin can we turn boost up please? On the Sierra Cosworths there was a dial/turn knob on dash.

3. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Keyboard # 1 to 0 (10%-100% boost) stock is #8 (80% boost)

Stock setup 59,4...semis, just 80% boost. Oversteer, way too much understeer and the small S hairpin gets me irritated...:eek:
    It's way too loose at times and pushing like a FWD car ploughing at this particular track imho(vs my irl car...)

Cheers
    Robin

4. ApocalypseZA

ApocalypseZA Racer

Robin what I do is take it in 2nd. Make sure you cut the corner but don't hit that funny bump thingy. Stick to the racing line, so this means don't stress about the power, just take it smooth and keep to the left so that you can flow into the right bend and drift out to the left along the straight. The S bend is the hardest part of the track but if you take it smooth even though it feels like you going slow, you will see an improvement in your times. As long as you never feel oversteer, you times will improve(hint check that toe).

5. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I tried to take it on 2nd after your post but I'm hitting redline so I'm using 3rd again. Actually the only corner I'm using 2nd is that left hairpin. I'm @ 56.9 and probably that's all I can do. Maybe a little bit better with ABS or some other assists.

6. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I got after just 6(!) laps 57.8, stock setup. Only semis. 80% boost. Not even less fuel but ABS(default) .

I'm getting the hang of it.

I was talking about that hairpin to the left what V8_KB just above my post is talking about. The slowest sh1ttiest corner of them all. (of all the tracks in AC lol) Now I more or less know how to take that one and the following. Slow in fast out principle. And the rears need to be minimal 70-80-90 whatever degrees and not just 50 or less. That will get the power down.

But I have to say : No way IN REAL LIFE on a dry track with even cold semis the back will step out so ferociously coming out of the bend before the finish in 3rd if you're flooring it just a nanosecond too soon.
    IRL that will not happen, and if so, with a flick of the wrist countersteering should be sufficient to keep the car on its line. And not turning the wheel full opposite lock like you're Vatanen on a gravel stage..hahaha
    On wet tarmac with wintertyres it's a different story. Tell me about it. :cool:

So that's a bit of a flaw in the physics of the 1M imho. It's too tailhappy sometimes.

Cheers
    Robin

7. andyclegg1

andyclegg1 Gamer

1.01.380 that'll do for today. Have another go on Sunday.

8. Shardik77

Shardik77 Rookie

I managed to squeeze out a 56.856 with a pretty fast 1st sector time that I'm unable to repeat... I messed up in the last sector and was sliding a little bit losing some precious time. Could have been 2-3 tenths faster. Somehow the game corrupted the replay I saved... :( Is that a bug? Happened to me a couple of times now.

9. I managed 58.856 this evening, a slight improve from yesterday's 59.170, :)
    This would put me at 57th place in RSR Live Timing (3.517 from the best, and 106.36% of it), and 10th in the Rivali Tempo (out of 18 records for this combo at the moment).

Well, doesn't that mean there is a lot of space for You to shine on the Rivali leader-board? ;)

By the way, I like RSR reporting the percentage of the best time, as it gives a approximate comparison across the combo matrix (where am I slower or faster than I normally am with respect of the best recorded performance).

One thing I just noted after seen this (Empty Box channel, and Sim Racing 101 videos, quite interesting):

is that I was setting up my FFB so that it would clip easily!
    Had to scale back a bit my G27 to feel the whole spectrum.:p

sketchyterry likes this.
  10. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

11. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

Holy throttle control... ;)

59.1, for now, but I am still having trouble keeping it on track.

12. pharacon

pharacon Racer

This track is funny, I can normally improve my time by an ever slight amount but as soon as I do I can not longer make it around the track.. :\ But I do find going back to street tires for a bit then back to semi-slicks help me a bunch. Post some videos, I want to get down into the 57s and I am almost there just need to chop 1 hundredth off my time.

13. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Couldn't even get close to my last time, more than a second off the pace...Will give it another go in a couple of days ;)

14. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

another 10 laps on it last night, improved my time by 0.016 of a second :mad:

dangerscouse and Festa_PWR like this.
  15. Shardik77

Shardik77 Rookie

I attached the replay of my current best time (56.6), it's the 2nd lap in the replay. Please ignore the hairpin... I totally screwed that one up and lost 3-4 tenths there. Used pretty much the default setup with semi-slicks and 25 psi all around and 6 liters of fuel to start with.

Attached Files:

16. TCLF

TCLF Alien

55.614 seems good enough for me now. about 4 tenths of WR. will try again sunday I suppose. anyone wants the setup/replay?

BenniS likes this.
  17. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

'BenC' had the WC last I saw, and I was kinda hoping it was Ben Collins, aka The Stig, to make my lap seem all the better lol.

But alas, it is not . . . .

TCLF likes this.
  18. BenniS

BenniS Racer

I would like to test your setup tomorrow. I'm stuck at 56.002 atm and i think i can't go faster with mine. Maybe yours can bring me the 0.002 secs to join the 0.55s club :)

19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

there you go

Attached Files:

• tt1.ini
      File size:
      359 bytes
      Views:
    Stefano Pinchetti, gaz41 and Ken C like this.
  20. Shardik77

Shardik77 Rookie

yes to both plz :) I don't think I can make it in the 55's, but low 56 is my goal for now.