1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #31 - The Exos Experience

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by HavanaB0B, May 15, 2017.

1. hiphei_finland

hiphei_finland Hardcore Simmer

Improvement:
    1.25.585-PS4
    20170515_211556.jpg

2. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

1:27:879
    PC

Like this one but feel like I can't go near the curbs with my current set up...might have to investigate the scary dampers & suspension tabs!

Exos Barcelona.jpg

3. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Day One

I must admit I expected to see 1:25s and 1:24's by the end of the week, but wow that was fast guys! 10 drivers on the board, and the times have tumbled with many improvements over original times today.

1. 1:25.359 Dyr_gl - PS4
    2. 1:25.585 hiphei_finland - PS4
    3. 1:25.706 local_man1234 - PS4
    4. 1:26.097 ohjeah - PS4
    5. 1:26.847 Ravellron - PS4
    6. 1:26.876 kaantr - PS4
    7. 1:27.162 Lewisxbone - XB1
    8. 1:27.692 HavanaB0B - XB1
    9. 1:27.879 mike reynolds - PC
    10. 1:28.155 fedepino - PS4

4. AndyB16

AndyB16 Simracer

1:32.350 Xbox one

I'll bring up the rear for now. Only got a few laps in.

Fuel at 5 and dropped tire pressures a bit. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

1:28.640 XB1

Probably my one and only attempt at this. I thought this car would be fun but it's not. Those 1:25's out there are about to turn into 1:22's or lower and I'm not wasting anymore time chasing that.

I do have some questions regarding the onboard videos I've seen. Why is it that no one else is locking up the tires on braking? Especially the unloaded tire when making a turn. Like on the right hand turn 4, my right front stays locked the whole way around that turn and likewise the left front stays locked for turn 5 and so on all the way around the track.

Am I the only one that has to turn the wheel 180 degrees each way to try and make that tight left then right before you head out on the main straight? Because it looks like everybody else is only going to 90 degrees or even less.

Can someone who is on Xbox One please explain to me to how to make a replay and save it and display it here. I asked several weeks ago in the Xbox forum on this board and no one responded.

AC Wk 31 1.jpg

6. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

It gets more fun when you start to find the limits and trust the grip of the car. Watching the onboard videos linked here was also a great help for me. Think I gained a second just by watching havanabob's and dyr_gl's videos. :)

Some of the really fast guys out there may have better tips but one is to try to brake as much as possible on the straight line. When you turn and brake at the same it is very easy to lock up the inner tyre.

Don't know much about xbox but on ps4 you have to record the replay on console with the sharing functions and then upload it to youtube
    and link here. Propably works something like this on XBox too.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  7. flyingcarrot

flyingcarrot Hardcore Simmer

1.37.562 xbox one. Normal service resumed with being 10 seconds behind lol. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

8. HavanaB0B

Is the unloaded tire locking up and dragging across the track, or is the front so stiff that it is picking the unloaded tire off the ground? In a high downforce car like this you want to brake as hard as you can while you are going fast (with the aid of all the downforce) as you slow down under braking the downforce will drop off and you need to bleed pressure off the brake to compensate for the loss of grip.

For recording I use a Elgato and it records straight to my computer. You can capture gameplay from the Xbox DVR upload it from your xbox and then download the video from http://xboxdvr.com and upload it to youtube. That is how I used to do it, kinda a pain. If you want to record videos using the Xbox DVR make sure you up the recording length, you can do this by going to your xbox settings, preferences, game DVR & streaming, "record that" records.

Jezza819, paul_wev and Kembro like this.
  9. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

1:34.502 PS G29
    rps20170515_191639.jpg
    Welcome aboard @Dyr_gl. Look forward to your vids and tuning tips.

The alien battle up top is awesome. I'm still building trust in that downforce. That and locking up running wide and being too slow.

Another car I'd love to be able to reduce sensitivity on the G29 brakes.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  10. HavanaB0B

Time - 1:25.930 - XB1 - Improvement

11. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

1:33.291 PS G29
    rps20170516_200319.jpg
    Slight improvement. Great car and track, going to take some practice to crack 1:30. Hopefully it's a wet weekend, makes it easier to avoid work. ;)

12. fedepino

fedepino Racer

1,27,556, Little improvement but still struggling with the curbs, Everyeye time i touch One of them i spin and finish my ride kissing a wall

Attached Files:

Fab85, Laughing Gravy, Kembro and 7 others like this.
  13. kaantr

kaantr Racer

1.25.974 - PS4

Attached Files:

Fab85, Laughing Gravy, Kembro and 6 others like this.
  14. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Watching the onboard videos is what's causing me all of this frustration. I can't understand why my car won't behave the same way their's does. Their cars look nice and smooth with very little steering input required while I'm riding a bucking bronco trying to hang on for dear life.

I understand the braking in a straight line which is what I always try to do. But the tire is locking if I just breathe again on the brake pedal through the corner.

The tire is locking and dragging across the track. I can be using your setup or no setup at all and just be on defaults. And this is on any open wheeler not just this car. My Fanatec wheel hub has the ability to set brake pressure on the hub. Right now it's at 100%. I wonder if maybe that's making certain cars be too touchy on the brakes? I might make some runs on defaults and start backing down the brake pressure to see if that helps then if it does make those changes on your setup. (crossing my fingers that it does help) But that lockup issue combined with no turning ability is a deadly combination on this car and is a real time killer.

When you used to do the download from xboxdvr.com, could you edit down the video into only showing time on the track? Because the one replay I went back and watched had all of that time I took changing the setup included in it which was a waste.

15. HavanaB0B

You can edit on the Xbox if you download Upload Studio (I think that's what it's called). Just open that app select the clip you want to edit, trim it down what you want, then upload it from the studio.

Jezza819 likes this.
  16. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

To find the right tire pressure you have to look at the tire temperature. A good tricks is to run default with the tire carpet, run 1lap & use the pressure with the tire that has the highest temperature(very green tire) as a reference . Go back to the setup & try to get all 4 tires at the same pressure on track. Repeat until you find the sweet spot.

I warranty you that you'll cut down several seconds from your lap time without even trying.

AndyB16 and Lewisxbone like this.
  17. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

1:29:695 - BrainsBush - PS4

Assetto Corsa.jpg

I selected German Grey but now I see it is red?? 1:29 okayish but 1:25 is insane. Well done!!
    This one needs a lot of practicing. Now that the outside temperatures are rising I also lose a lot of water (read: sweat) during the race. Excellent workout.
    Airco in my race room would be nice.

Fab85, Laughing Gravy, Kembro and 6 others like this.
  18. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Which matters the most in this game, the tyre pressures or tyre temps?
    Is it wrong to lower pressure to get higher temps or is it better to have the right pressures?
    If that makes sense, confused myself !!

paul_wev likes this.
  19. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Proper tire pressure is more important than the temperature. That's what make the tire in contact to the road. Improper pressure would result a loss of heat for all the surface of the tire which would result a loss of core temp to retain heat.

Laughing Gravy and Lewisxbone like this.
  20. fedepino

fedepino Racer

Any suggestion for a more stable on curb setup ? Is really frustrating, I've touch the curb on turn 2 with the front left and suddenly i Lost all the grip, same thing on turn 6 and 8, absolutely I can't touch the curbs I think that if I can do it my time will improve so much, definitely i need an engineer by my side :)