1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #138 – Along comes a Spyder

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

That was fun last night. Actually happy for a first real go. Some post made me laugh about the bump and was dying to see what yous mean. Now I think, I think I found a knack about it. Lets say I only fly 1 time out of 3.. I stay in the inside until that blue flag on left inside. As soon as I pass it I make my way up to the outside. It kind of works. Probably loosing time in the process but it will do for now.

2. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Sorry

Attached Files:

3. Improvement!
    But not in lap time... it's a mod in the playstation room!:D
    I have been living in here for the last two days.:cool:
    The family think I should be sectioned!
    upload_2019-7-25_14-33-0.png

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Nice!! Me and the mrs was looking at those last night.
    Any good? It was a 6 litre one I think.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

5. Be prepared.... It was a nightmare to get!
    Having spent ages researching, Amazon couldn't deliver anything before next week, same with many others, Curry's have no stock in any store....

So this is a "get what I could," order and collect from Argos. It's the "Challenge 5K Air Con Unit." I can't give a comparison because this is my first, but suffice to say... "ahhhh, blisss!" It's quite noisy, it's a bit of a faff sorting the vent hose but the room (about 3mx4m) is now at an extremely pleasant 17degrees. If your room is much larger, I think you might need a bigger one. But it works perfectly, I'm delighted!:):):)

Emmanuel Tubbiolo and Lewisxbone like this.
  6. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Sounds good.
    I’m using a 18” fan at the moment but it’s that warm it’s only blowing hot air about now
    The wife was on a mission yesterday to get one for the salon and one for home but they’d sold out at our local curry’s and Argos only had the £99 one in stock and else where and online was next week.

7. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

I didn't know what yous were talking about. A 6 litre race seat?... I live in Dublin, we don't have that problem... 15 degrees all summer..
    It's a long time I've been sectioned!

Totall Wrytoff and Lewisxbone like this.
  8. In the meantime, have you tried putting a tray of ice behind the fan?:D

9. Improvement
    PS4
    upload_2019-7-25_21-38-16.png
    Air con, Hotlap mode, 90% regen, 95% braking force... and just a ripple from the bumps. Twice!:D

10. Current Standings:

1. Mustang 500 2.12.776 XB1
    2. Pretend racer 2.12.970 PC
    3. AB770577 2.13.283 PS4
    4. Totall Wrytoff 2.13.445 PS4
    5. Lewisxbone 2.13.677 X1X
    6. LeiF 2.13.947 PC
    7. Emmanuel Tubbiolo 2.14.715 PS4
    8. ChaosChris 2.15.641 XB1
    9. Laughing Gravy 2.16.519 PS4
    10. Biner 2:16.759 PC

DriverModFTW and Lewisxbone like this.
  11. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    2.11.626-XB1

Attached Files:

12. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

Apologies for being absent the past 2 weeks. I did my first motorcycle track day one weekend, girlfriends birthday the other weekend..la la. Anyway not sure how many goes I'll have at this. 2.16.480 was my first clean lap. Here is my best time so far after a few goes last night.

PC
    2.14.389 20190725_212944.jpg

13. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

20190714_155802_062_saved(1).jpg 20190714_155329_041_saved.jpg 20190714_162740.jpg 20190714_131629.jpg
    Some pics from the trackday. Had a blast. It was everything I thought it would be and more. I can already feel improvement in my street riding. I'm doing another trackday, same track, august 4th. Looking forward to more time on track. I enjoy following the instructors to get a sense of where the grip threshold can get up to at lean. I had to take off my foot peg feelers, they got dinged up really good by the 3rd session and kicked my right right off the peg..kinda scary..i haven't dragged anything since I was much younger so I haven't had that feeling in so long. Tires got properly sticky and gummed up towards the end of the day but did feel a bit greasy when I really started pushing (rossoIII great for street and moderate track use). It was an amazing experience. The most enjoyment I got out of the day was learning the communication of the bike with me, then working on my inputs to control better. Smooth braking, setup early, eyes up, smooth throttle all the way out...exhilarating even on a weak middleweight 650 twin pumping all of 62hp/41lb.ft with stock suspension and me at 225lbs with gear on (on the right) lol.
    20190726_122407.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  14. Brilliant! Great post @DriverModFTW !
    Some scary looking Dominator-like bikes there....! (ref: last week's thread post:))

Lewisxbone and DriverModFTW like this.
  15. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Brilliant. Looked like a good day alright.. again you give me ideas..

16. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

2.12.346 - X1X

[​IMG]

Maybe a couple more tenths in it for me but that’s it.

17. You obviously got the air con!
    I've been holding my breath for a couple of days, maybe this was the week, but, no....:D

18. Current Standings:

1. Mustang500 2.11.626 XB1
    2. Lewisxbone 2.12.346 X1X
    3. Pretend racer 2.12.970 PC
    4. AB770577 2.13.283 PS4
    5. Totall Wrytoff 2.13.445 PS4
    6. LeiF 2.13.947 PC
    7. DriverModFTW 2.14.389 PC
    8. Emmanuel Tubbiolo 2.14.715 PS4
    9. Chaos_Chris 2.15.641 XB1
    10. Laughing Gravy 2.16.519 PS4
    11. Biner 2:16.759 PC

19. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

No, still no air con mate.
    Sold out everywhere. Had a disaster yesterday, my big fan broke 2 hours driving about trying to find a new one.
    It seems they’ve been extremely popular this week. Managed to get one in the end... phew!!
    And now it’s pissing down today ha.

20. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Awesome that the weekly hotlap challenge is still going! I did the first handful back in the day on my PS4. Might give it a crack again