1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #232

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

I started with ps4 and my t500w/ T3PA on a wheelstand in front of my tv. Bought a computer and build my own wood rig. Still haven't gotten around to getting a load cell set of pedals yet...

I say get the computer first! Then get a VR headset. Your times will improve much more from being able to turn your head and actually being able to see the apex, then any difference you will notice in the slight differences of lag time between tv's, or even a load cell brake pedal upgrade - I'd be willing to bet you a beer on that :)

2. Pretend racer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

What a beast of a car. I spent a bit time trying to come up with a good setup. I had the tc off and the best I could do was a 2.05.1. I decided to try it with tc set to 4 and I set my new pb without any other changes to the setup.

Attached Files:

3. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Congrats - great headphones! I am currently running the T1 2. gen and I also love em. The shape is nice and sound is excellent. Paired with Creative AE-9.

4. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Great mate!
    After several updates to my rig the first thing I would upgrade know if I had to choose between wheel, pedals, tv etc. would be the rig! Honestly. Once you have experienced a sturdy and rigid rig you would not want to go back. And I think it is really an underrated upgrade. If you got a high end wheel but your rig moves under all the inputs, lots of the great feedbacs from the wheel is lost. And I feel so much more focused using an actual rig as compared to a chair etc.

5. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

How does the Ae-9 drive them? Are they 600ohm?

Im totally new to this so i just wanted an affordable amp for now to power them. Ill probably get a Schiit DAC at some point as well. To pair with the amp.

My z490 tomahawk mobo drives them ok, but i have the PC volume at 80 and in game at 100. So they definitely need the juice from an amp.

I found a torrent for boom 3d so i have Virtual surround and some good equalizer options now as well.

6. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    2:19:587
    PC

mid 2:19s in about as fast as I can get around Spa so happy with that....

ACC WHC Header2.PNG

7. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    2:07.364
    TinPeach
    Still haven’t put a complete lap together - it’s that pesky last chicane! But now it’s F1 and then family time so probably my last attempt.

Attached Files:

8. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Is there VR on ACC?

9. SlowGrayAudi

Yes

10. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Hmm… interested in the pc change now, really fancy the vr experience. The new pedals turn up Wednesday, looking forward to trying them out.

11. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for all your inputs, I'll be considering everything for my upgrade. I forgot to mention, but a proper, rigid, rig is on the way. no more stowable rig in the coming weeks.

Now it's about chequered flag for this whc, jumping into the Abarth.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

12. SlowGrayAudi

When i went from ps4 to pc i improved about 1 sec a lap i think it was on ACC. Not sure how scientific my test was but the smoothness (TV is 60hz so im locked at that fps) helps so much. I know AC runs 60 fps on ps4 but ACC did not. It was pacing terribly and was 30-45 fps up and down like a yoyo. So they change was much greater for me since i primarily play that.

And since my T-LCM pedals can now operate jn they're full 16 bits that definitely doesnt hurt either.

13. GoodGame.eXistenZ

I only used them with the AE-9 so far and usually I turn volume down a lot or they are too loud. The T1 are 600 ohm. I liked that with the AE-9 as I could plug my boxes and good heaphones into them, but yeah, not many PC audio cards on the market - would recommend them if you do not want to use two different DAC.

14. SlowGrayAudi

The Schiit Heresy shows up Monday, cables to hook it to the mobo shows up Tuesday. So ill have some waiting to do. Im probably gonna pick up a Schiit DAC soon. I just need see how everything works first and if the Volume level is satisfactory. Im hoping i wont need my volume at 80%+ like i do now. But hopefully clarity is fine.

I contemplated an internal sound card but my mobos pcie slots are crowded due to the 3070 suprim x taking up 3 slots. Im using one for my wifi card and the last one is super close to the gpu so i dont really wanna use it.

I'll definitely update once it shows up.

20210704_151434.jpg 20210704_151410.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  15. Pretend racer

Final Standings!

AC

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ 2:03:870 PC
    2. pretend racer 2.04.685 pc
    3. local_man1234 2:05.552 Ps4
    4. WhiteTusk 2:06:844 PC
    5. TinPeach 2:07.364 XSX
    6. SlowGrayAudi 2:07.410 PC
    7. Emmanuel Tubbiolo 2.07.566 Xbox
    8. Totall Wrytoff 2.07.965 PS4
    9. Peggy11 2:07:914 PC
    10. Rod100 2.09.920 XB1
    11. Laughing Gravy 2.10.648 PS4

ACC
    1. local_man1234 2:18.582 Ps4
    2. SlowGrayAudi 2:19.131 PC
    3. Mike Reynolds 2:19:587 PC
    4. TinPeach 2:23.586 XSX

What a great turn out this week! Seems everyone was inspired to have a turn driving @TinPeach's car!

Quite a battle this week in the mid field with 2.07 being the most popular time, with the star of the show @TinPeach coming in with the fastest 2.07 laptime. Usual players on the podium this week but there was a new entry from @White Tusk who managed to eek out a laptime a little quicker than some of our regulars. Congrats! Hope to see you again.

On the ACC side things @local_man1234 managed to claim the win this week over a determined @SlowGrayAudi (who's not really slow btw). @mike reynolds was quick enough for third place. @Tin Peach managed to relax himself before attempting his stint - who's to say how much is too much? Only the clock, I guess lol.

16. SlowGrayAudi

Fun Challenge this past week!

You're too kind :)