1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #242

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

The Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Ruf RT12 R
    Track: Vallelunga

upload_2021-9-11_10-53-21.png

upload_2021-9-11_10-53-49.png

This is a serious car! It demands respect and probably requires a bit of setup help in order to get this car around Vallelunga without either understeering into the apex and oversteering out of the apex. Or maybe just turn on the tc lol.

RSR WR 1.41.960 @GoodGame.eXistenZ
    Most times are around 1.46-1.50.

Ideal PSI SemiSlicks
    32 Front
    33 Rear

How to take part -
    Hot lap: To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the correct car and circuit.

Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: Vallelunga
    Time of day: Free Ambient
    Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free
    Deadline: Sunday Sept. 19th 2021 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used! Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:
    Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4) The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Season 2020
    1. Car: BMW M6 GT3
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 15 mins for total laps/time
    3. Time of day: 01:00
    4. Track: Imola
    5. Weather type eg: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

SlowGrayAudi and Totall Wrytoff like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:41:910

I found it a bit difficult to match my time, so I was a bit amazed by my own laptime, that did not take me long back then. So I tweaked the setzp a bit and reduced the rear wing down to 4 and increased camber on the rear to -2.7 and found this to be working well for me.
    This car is faster than the GT3 RS on most track, but a lot more difficult to drive. The AWD is usually matching the laptimes of the R version. This is surely a rewarding car.

[​IMG]

4. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

The beemer is usually a pleasure to drive. Never driven it at imola. Should be a blast.

local_man1234 and Pretend racer like this.
  5. SlowGrayAudi

These were the times at imola from a previous challenge in the Huracan Evo.

Not sure if we can do that for 15min straight though lok

Screenshot_20210913-113636_Chrome.jpg

6. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Or in the dark! :)

7. SlowGrayAudi

Yeah its pretty dark out there. I did a test run and holy cow it's dark. Hopefully i can get laps in tomorrow.

Pretend racer and TinPeach like this.
  8. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

That’ll be interesting on Xbox and PS, we still don’t quite have the lights of PC - should be fun though. That RUF looks like an intriguing proposition as well!

Pretend racer and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  9. SlowGrayAudi

I remember when i was on ps4 and i struggled a lot when we did the Audi gt4 at misano in the dark.

Pretend racer likes this.
  10. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-9-14_17-6-40.png
    Great fun to drive, but, for mere terrestials like me, it is a very tricky car in which to set a hotlap.
    I'm finding that in many corners I'm between 2nd and 3rd. If I could get the front to turn in, it would be easy 3rd gear. Using 2nd gear means taking a hand off the wheel to get 3rd whilst exiting the corner, just when you want two hands on the wheel!
    I'm going to have a go using paddle-shift!

11. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

AC
    TinPeach
    XSX
    TW, totally agree, good fun to drive. I was hoping to hit the ‘recommended time’ PR posted up above, but alas, for a first go still 1 second short! How come we have different dashboards - yours is stitched leather whilst mine seems to be, well, plastic looking to be honest - am I using the correct car?

Attached Files:

12. AC Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-9-14_18-6-11.png
    Just under 1 second quicker with the paddle shift without getting all corners right.
    I'm going to try to dial out some of the understeer...

Try the "Green" livery @TinPeach :)

13. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Were you using sequential or full manual for your previous, I’ve been using a sequential box?

Pretend racer and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  14. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

AC Improvement
    TinPeach
    1:46.910
    XSX
    Wow, huge gain swapping to paddle shifters??

Attached Files:

Pretend racer and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  15. It uses the H gate configuration when you have the "H shifter" set to on, which was what I was using.

Pretend racer likes this.
  16. AC Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-9-14_19-18-22.png
    Still understeery. Braking earlier and being more patient gets a faster lap.
    But, man! This car can make one feel very ham-fisted and ham-footed!

17. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    15:27.741
    PC
    9 Laps

Tires were all too low. Gonna have to go again.

upload_2021-9-15_3-55-51.png

upload_2021-9-15_3-56-35.png

18. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    15:25.716
    PC
    9 Laps

Tires are in the right window. 29L fuel

upload_2021-9-15_4-14-47.png

upload_2021-9-15_4-15-45.png

19. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

AC Improvement
    TinPeach
    1:46.423
    XSX
    I’ve told myself a 45’ is within me - we’ll have to see!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  20. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    16:06.660
    XSX
    9 Laps
    I had forgotten just how bad the seating position was in the BMW - and it can’t be adjusted!

May have to use bonnet cam, this is hard enough for a man of my skill level with the useless headlights we get on console. Hurry up the proper XSX version, this version is normally absolutely fine, but it can’t come soon enough for scenarios like this.

Attached Files:

21. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC Improvement
    TinPeach
    15:59.610
    XSX
    9 Laps

Yep, bumper cam is definitely the way to go with this car. To be honest, it’s quite a nice view being higher up then most, it sits like a windscreen nicely above my wheel/gear box etc. Unlike the dash cam which makes me feel like a three year old peering over my fathers car dash.

Attached Files: