1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

The car in front is clearly at fault.
    That car came across and ran into you.
    That cannot be considered blocking, the guy drove into you, he MUST leave room when some one is beside you, which you were.
    Blocking is when some one moves over to take a line into a corner, which is fine if not mid corner, or under braking, which this was not,, he ran into you, its just that simple.

chksix likes this.
  2. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

100% on the bentley so no not a racing incident

matt_had likes this.
  3. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Im not good as i am... i do mistakes too.. yesterday in a CP i started 12( or was it 10?!), i start working my way up the field reached the 3rd guy and the guy behind me did a stupid divebomb, and even me going wide as much as possible he sent it so hard he came across the track and bump me out of the track, i had to wait for the track to be clear to rejoin, came back in something like 20 place, fight my way back to 5th place again, doing an overtake at the small straight to the corkscrew, was pretty much clear at the braking zone, the guy being overtaked decide to brake late and crashed into me again made me spun. i once again waited for the track to be clear and return into like 12 place. blood in my eyes and venom in veins from there on, at the second to last lap i was again in 4th and was close behind the 3rd, i was decided to get that deserved podium that should have been a win, so i sent it at the first clear opportunity i got ( which wasnt a clear opportunity for sure as i was 0.3 behind the guy in front), and i did the same to him , they did to me before and spun him. I had more pace then him. but i kept doing mistakes and losing time and toke me like 5 laps to get close and was getting tie on time, i should have waited a litle and i would pass him before the finish any where else with ease. So i do mistakes too and a lot of them.

I have unsafely rejoin track too, because not use to the way cars behave in ACC after going off track, i think they are very hard to control at least on the exact moment u change between sand/grass to tarmac.

"I wish I too could never make mistakes.I wish I too could never make mistakes." - your problem here is not, not doing mistakes, but the lack of knowledge u doing them. But being fair u are willing to learn, u came here and asked for "help". As long as u learn from it. u are probably 95% on the way to be a good racer..

Look a the the Nemethr post, complete different attitude than yours. he did a mistake and the way he posted he doesnt even put on the table he did it wrong. He is being lapped as he said, so instead of making it easier for the guys in the lead lap that are fighting for position, no he doesnt care. Look how easy would be to avoid that incident, just a small lift, nothing else. a small lift, if possible on the straight before would be perfect. What does he as to lose there? he is not fighting for position anyone, he will not make a position for losing half a second in a lap time he is probably already 3 or even 4 seconds of the pace. And what we can see by his post, he is the kind of people that instead of say sorry man i miss judge and and should have lifted, he probably even joked the other guy and made him more angry.

Even in that situation if i was fighting for position i would have lifted there. I will not gain that position from the other guy anymore, i will lose time for making it harder for him to complete the overtake he as accomplished already . And some will think ohh but u will have the inside on the next turn, well i do, but for me to keep that non sense fight i will have to brake deep and probably make a mistake. My thinking is lifting and try get him on the next opportunity.
    So in a fighting for position I think about lifting, a lapped car fighting against his own car doesnt think about that and blames the other guy ??

So, "It must be difficult finding races when you are as good as you are", yes it is when u find people like this on track. And dont need to be good, as im not that good, i pretty much use my 2cents to make calls on the moment.

4. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Race incident, if anything the lexus should have given a bit more space at the apex. as the other guy went on the inside curb and that usually trows the car out.
    Its not that easy to judge how much space u giving to the other guy there.

sadi likes this.
  5. devil in me

devil in me Racer

how the f*** are u watching this incident? the porsche went of the track at the chicane, when rejoining he went into the racing line without pace for it, making the lambo behind going of track to avoid him. porsche should have stayed to the left of the track after rejoining to get up to pace. 100% porsche to blame and im pretty sure he did turn the the lambo intencional.

Porsche did several critical mistakes there. 1-Cut the chicane, 2-rejoining and going into the racing line. 3-Going into the racing line after rejoining without pace. 4-blocking the car behind in the racing line being him (porsche) slow. 5- intentionally pit maneuver the lambo. 6-if the pit maneuver was not intentional, he didnt gave up the position back and kept going.

There is no "technical" bad rejoining on the lambo side here.

After_Midnight and chksix like this.
  6. devil in me

devil in me Racer

That incident of yours its the infamous self inflicted pit maneuver :)
    So first of all u need to be aware of the cars around u, if u have a guy coming faster behind, but u have someone at your side, the track is blocked for the guy behind as he as two cars in front of him, that one behind as to lift and wait.
    the lexus did nothing wrong in the chicane, him being over the sausage its the same u slowing almost to a stop. both are avoiding issues each one at is own way and place on track. i dont see at all were was he being aggressive.
    U try to pinch the lexus, not intentional probably. In that situation doesnt matter who is in front or not. its a matter to find room for everyone, keep your line stick to it, let pace and speed take over positions for everyone.

Dont take me wrong on the way i speak/write im a little (to much) direct on the way i use words.

7. devil in me

devil in me Racer

"first i thought it was a low SA server and was quite suprised seeing it was 50 SA" - ???? 50 SA for you its not low ????? when i get into a server for 70SA i think its low and i go for it with a foot behind.

AndyK70 likes this.
  8. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I think u are wrong here :)
    in a Divebomb u dont need to out brake or overshoot the corner.
    3 different things. Because of an outbrake maneuver in a divebomb attempt u overshooted the corner. did this sentence helped ? :)

Outbrake maneuver - braking better or later than the other or himself (at previous attempts, at the same braking point). "he outbraked the opponent!". At Monza we usually try to outbrake ourselfs at the braking for the chicanes, trying to brake later than we usually do. On the following video example, forget about the fact the red car didnt braked in time and went straight.(overshooting the corner, or in this case failing 100% the turn in, but suposing he didnt fail the turn in, he would have outbraked me perfectly).

Overshoot - lack of skill the keep the car under control :) i guess everyone understands the mean of overshooting a corner. Sometimes when we do double apex turns it looks like an overshoot corner, and sometimes is. E.G. the downhill hairpin at nurburgring that leads to the shchumacker esses, i do overshoot that corner a lot without going out the track, which then i turn into a double apex turn to overcome the mistake of an overshoot.

divebomb - an attempt from the car behind to get inside of the car ahead in a braking zone into a corner, doesn't imply the need of an outbrake or overshooting corner, he can divebomb and keep his line without interfering the others line, but when u perform an divebomb maneuver u are already interfering with the other driver line anyway. but u kept it inside the limits or not after u send it.

I hope the videos help clarify my point of view :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  9. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Ok i really don't understand ppl sometimes. how is possible to "misconfuse",misunderstanding overshoot, outbraking, divebomb and having a run ( the act of have a run on other car). the guy behind had a run on the one in front because of a bad exit of the one in front or a very good exit of the one behind, the one in front didn't properly defend the position, the guy behind have an opening and went rigthfully for it. The one in front didnt open space and there was contact. I dont even see how hard this one is . For me the car ahead is to blame. To much aggressive and bad defending, and by the look of it this bad defending was coming for a long time. that made the other guy start having attempts anywhere he see an opening.
    Most people dont know when to fight or when to just give up the positions. I surely give up more positions that the ones i fight. And i may not be an Alien ( im not for sure), but i want to believe im a safe and fast guy. If my 9700 TO , 96 Racecraft and 98 SA means for something.

10. devil in me

devil in me Racer

For me u done nothing wrong at all... lack of awareness of the other guy, dont even see why u should back off there, no reason for it. I dont even care if the other guy crash in those situations lol. With radar, virtual mirror, relative and spotter. Do they need someone to turn their wheel for them too ?

sadi likes this.
  11. Sensei

Sensei Gamer

Hi guys, I'd like to know how u see this situation. I'm the porsche, tnx for the comments.

12. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Taking into account we are no pros, I say, Racing Incident.

Sensei likes this.
  13. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    MTv, chksix, azzah and 6 others like this.
  14. david m

david m Racer

15. Ryu Makkuro

Ryu Makkuro Rookie

You can add this one to it as well:
    - https://streamable.com/qbm2y

And for once I agree with you. This guy on a track is akin to a natural disaster. Best ways to deal with him, kill him quickly so he leaves immediately or stay as far away from him as possible.

chksix and Thug like this.
  16. mtz.enjoi

mtz.enjoi Racer

It is.
    First he took me out and ended my race.
    Then he had all sorts of other contact by ruthless driving.
    Then he copied his move from my take out and pasted it later on the race, ending another guys race.
    Then he again had a clash with another guy, calling him a Fillho de puta, which should translate to son of a *****, and ragequited after a faulty revenge take out.

Bruno is a weapon of no kind. Can’t believe stuff like this is happening in split 1.

but his comments about his own driving in this thread shows the problem. Guy is never reflecting any of his crashes and probably finds reasons why others are at fault instead of him.

chksix, Maciej Malinowski and Thug like this.
  17. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Im harsh in this situations for some reasons. To start i put the blame on the porsche 400%.

First, porsche didnt defend, for what looks from the views in the replays the brown car behind ( aston?) is just way better at braking into esses entry, doesnt look like he was even trying to outbrake or divebomb the porsche, is just a skill level diference, in fact both cars behind were better at it over there. Were u a lapped car, or just lucky to be ahead of them?

Second and for me worse mistake, after the porsche realize he had lost a position for what he may had think it was a divebomb ( for me its not as i said before), he tried to squeeze the car between the aston and the lambo (lambo?) which is never a good or correct idea, for several reasons, one he is already going much slower than he should compared to both others, second for him to get in the middle of both he needs to slow down even more and that will make the car behind gets into the risk of stopping into his rear bumper. I think in about more than 3000 races i have done since i start doing racing games/sims i have never done that. I might be very wrong on this, but i do thing thats a really bad move, dont even know why, just dont think is a correct move in any way, and i dont even understand why people think about doing it, when if he keeps the outside lane its much faster not to say wayyyyyy better option.
    Its like a rule in racing, dont change lines under braking or under hard turns, keep your line even more if u are surround by other cars.

Third mistake, its clear the porsche didnt slow down enough and bumped the aston from behind.

Fourth, after bumping the aston , the porsche lifted ( well done sir) , but then went straight into the aston again instead of going around it ( so u done it well in the first place and then u ruin it all together? hahaha wtf).

Sensei likes this.
  18. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Here u go Makkuro. Mate i did look for u here in the forum yesterday to say u sorry :) i had explain myself in some other comments bout our issue. and if u want i can look for 3 other races where u did f* me 3 times :) but i didnt done that yesterday because of it. i know when i do it wrong. And i was to give u the position back, but was so mad that i thought "f* it". Not mad at you.

19. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Ohhh wait i will look for the rest of the replays u havent shown... Dont get me mad with stupid moves i will pay back. i have said it here already before.. maybe the knowledge u have about racing is not enough to understand where u do mistakes.
    the first one u show there, was at first lap. and i did lost control of the car there. i miss the braking point and the lack of talent didnt help me to stop or avoid the cars before hitting others. doing a mistake is one thing being just retard in racing is another.
    the ones u show half those im not the one to blame there. and yes when i get f* up i will stop care about everything and treat others the way i was treated. thats for sure. i tend to keep my calm and respect.. but dont f* me up.

Learn to back of in the right moment is a racing skill to. which most ppl dont have and than blame others . wich is what happens on those replays

20. devil in me

devil in me Racer

- https://streamable.com/sl132 - he left the brakes and bumped after let me get on front. u blame me ? perfect.
    - https://streamable.com/74h6r - im on the inside since the exit of the first esse. he went wide and turn into the inside. its my fault? looll ok.
    - https://streamable.com/6go0h - he doesnt turn in and stopped braking and hit me. my fault? lool okkk