1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It's obvious after he spun you the first time he's a douchebag.

When it's that obvious there is nothing wrong getting dirty yourself and teach them a lesson. They get pretty mad when you beat them at their own game and it's beautiful. Just trying over and over to get by cleanly(which will be impossible against them) is not doing any good anyway.

[X] Driver, chksix, trasgu and 3 others like this.
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Simracer

The rear-ending at the beginning and brakechecking in an acceleration zone was stupid and wrong.
    He was defending a bit too dirty and was clearly not able to keep the pace up, so he cutted the chicane...even if it was unintentionally (what i doubt).

Choosing the inside line and giving you less room side by side is okay...but not the contacts and spontaneously pulling over...

Bad racecraft right there by him, but next time, when meeting such an individual, force the driver to errors, do the psychological pressure game, instead of trying to overtake everywhere, he was cleary not able to keep this up forever. You were forced to the outside line too often, which was giving him an advantage in many situations there, the initiative has to be less in his hands. These drivers make errors under pressure, by blocking, squeezing and modulating their line too often and you can catch them effortless sooner or later.

Hagen and Maciej Malinowski like this.
  3. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

I know I should have to wait on those situations but this right here was just last lap, but sure over longer race pressure would destroy him :D

4. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

The dude in the Porsche is a bad egg unfortunately. Him completely missing chicanes to unfairly stay in front of you makes his DT very much his fault, and then he purposely tries to take you out. He'd be kicked to the curb for that behaviour in a league.

chksix and Maciej Malinowski like this.
  5. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Situations like this happen to all of us.
    A dude that defends outside the rules with not enough control skill.
    1 or 2 laps I let heros like this do their defending game and very often they do this final mistake too much and throw themselves out.
    But sometimes when you clearly have the claim to overtake and are already beside them, they still try to defend and pull to your side. In the past I hit the brakes to avoid a crash, but todays I just keep the pedal pressed, hold my line and the crash of course happens. Then they always start to blame in the worst speach. But this is no problem for me, because with that attitude they probably will never reach SA90+, so just a matter of time when the first SA90 public servers will appear I hope and then these characters are sorted out.

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Those last contacts, it's hard to tell if he blocked deliberately or not. He had just had an off onto the gravel - he had dirty tyres, may have ended up with a weird or bad gear change, may have been surprised by the rear impact on his car. If he hadn't had an off, it would appear to be a temper tantrum by him, but because of the off I think there's room for doubt.

7. Maciej Malinowski

I think that this bumping at the end was deliberate, look how is he accelerating but then just hits his breaks couple of times, and turnes into me when it's not even the way the race track is going,

chksix and CrimsonEminence like this.
  8. Maciej Malinowski

Thanks for all replies ;) !
    Now I feel better that it's not only me who thinks that his behavior was a bit incorrect

9. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Since we have this space dedicated to this kind of discussion I've updated the OP with some simple rules to follow in order to avoid people that get mad after a contact and come here insulting the other driver. I'm not a moderator of any sort so I can't remove posts or similar but if someone comes here just to have a sort of revenge just ignore him. Keep the discussion clean. Thank you!

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Simracer

Yeah, this seemed really obvious in the recording...also it was an acceleration zone, there is no logical reason to get the anchor out, totally again.

11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I've been judging league incidents for many, many years. A general caution: To really judge a borderline incident, you need to look at the replay from both cars points of view, in cockpit, and look at their pedal and steering inputs. You can't necessarily judge from one car's external view.

Seven Smiles likes this.
  12. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Hrmmm often I'd agree with you on this theory but the Porsche driver's brake lights and steering input in the final incident paint a pretty damning picture. Also his previous efforts of purposely running Malinowski wide/tagging him in the left hander bend leading to the 2nd chicane twice make pretty hard to believe he's racing with good intentions.

chksix, WallyM and CrimsonEminence like this.
  13. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

To be honest the first accident was your fault, because you moved over him instead waiting for the chikane where you would slot ahead of him no matter what, he kept his line, you cannot force him to brake just because of you. The second incident was his fault, he braked too late because he wanted to pass you in the chikane, but he should have waited for you. He went wide again for some reason in the next lap (probably pressure), then both of you braked too late for some reason, after that he is clearly pissed and wants to block you or take you out.

14. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

He was overtaken 3 times fair and square with no contact at all, only to take short cuts at full throttle to keep a position that he had already lost if he had made any attempt to make the corner, the succesive brake checks where absolutly disgusting, and the bumper crashing is blatlantly crash another car on purpose. The first time, being in the race with no chance to see the replay I would have given him the benefit of the doubt, but when he started swerving, test braking and jumping chicanes at full speed I would have done to him the same as he did in the first overtake attempt. I consider that normally revenge is ask for more trouble, but I can justify it in my mind in exceptional cases with someone that shows such lack of fair play and contempt for others, acting as if the purpose of all the other users would be to only loose against him and make him look good. And then the cherry on top was him on the chat being obnoxious, in my opinion he has to be a spoiled rat kid.

15. long_chicken

long_chicken Rookie

In my opinion the first accident was not his fault. Macjei left enough space in the left bender. He doesn't claim, that he is already ahead. I assume, we could it see better out of the Porsche cam.

16. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Not defending him but the stopping could have been partly an attempt to avoid the penalty. Active maneuvering to block not so.

17. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

An obvious cheater who should have gotten a stop and go and DQ.

18. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

With random people in the lobby you should be always extra cautious, the Porsche driver maybe lacks a bit of car control, it's safer to leave more room if possible.

Maciej Malinowski and trasgu like this.
  19. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Seems like he's missing his brake points due to eyes glued to his rear mirror to check what Maciej will do instead of choosing a line and staying on it.

20. trutya

trutya Simracer

in my opinion there's not much to discuss about this, that Porsche driver feels like he ca't accept losing a position and he makes unfair moves to hold on.
    adding to this, if he started to insult you after the race, he must be a real dickhole. what i saw from your side is that little hit towards the end, before Villeneuve chicane but he tried to force you off before that, and that incident seemed unwanted to me, opposed to the moves he did earlier. and he rejoined ahead of you and braktested you twice after the incident, however he could have been happy that he had a little bit of advantage after you hit him.
    so don't feel bad about this, i guess you did everything right.