1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why such an so extreme Hardware claim ??? (aka "will it run on my pc?")

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Robert Gerke, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Dev Rotter

Dev Rotter Racer

Looking on the web I think that the specifics on the forum refers to the directx 10.1 graphic cards and the specs on the site refers to the directx 11 graphic cards. I'm saying so because on the site of the TP it says this:
    DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770)
    NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)

The ATI 4800HD is the graphic card published after mine, I need to disable all the graphic effects except mirrors and shadows which are at the lower level and to use the full screen rendering for get 58fps. Despite my graphic card the game runs smooth enough to play it.

2. kuuller

kuuller Rookie

I'm playing on my I5 2500K 4,6Ghz + 7970 1100/1425

And what kills performance for me is 'Faces per frame' setting, medium + 3 is the max setting which still gives me constant 60 FPS (all other settings set to max). When I use high + 6 I get only 30 FPS, without dips but still it's too few for a racing game IMO.

Yeah, I know it's in beta state, and eventually everything will be optimized as it should (i hope :p )

3. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_imola_17-11-2013-18-51-45-horz.jpg Max vs settings i use

4. Randy C

Randy C Rookie

New sim dude. Give it a rest.

Tiago Lima likes this.
  5. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

HOT!!! German renowned magazine confirms high hardware requirements!

I've been trying to make clear here, others have now also noted.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Assetto-Corsa-PC-239687/Specials/Assetto-Corsa-angespielt-1097697/

Here is the summary: Google Translation

"Who does not want to dispense with the final version of Assetto Corsa on the optimal speed
    feeling mediating 60 frames per second in 1080p and with optimal smoothing, can not get
    around a 3D accelerator of the upper class (GTX 780). In terms of processor, a model of the
    upper middle class should be enough for the online racing mode."

..i Hope our loveley Devs work Hard an find soon the the optimum use of resources. Good Luck!!!

6. endgame

endgame Racer

The sim runs fine for me right now but I do wonder how much a hit I'l take with a full grid of cars to render also.

7. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

Yes, we all wonder and fear the answer almost a little?

And rain effects, you can not miss? Its one off the most and importent feature
    an have extrem hardware claim.

8. I hope you will find, in the future, the simple relation intercurring between the terms: "next generation racing simulation" and "current generation hardware", and that you will be able to do the addition yourself, but I sincerely doubt about this to happen, because up to now you only kept whining for not being able to max everything out.
    The answer is simple, IMHO: you will be able to max everything out in a couple of years.
    As for now - using current generation hardware - you can have the software run smooth and nice, but not with all graphics options maxxed out. So simple.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    paulieGTR and Leemstradamus like this.
  9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

So far my system is above the recommended requirements! So what are you talking about???

10. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

I can run Live for speed @ 250 fps + with a full grid of 32 cars sometimes i hit 40's or so , and its a "old game" and you don't see anybody complaining about that , why ? , because is normal , so if in assetto corsa you get frame drops with more cars is just normal , and we all need to live with that if not ? go for p cars with shift 2 'ish graphics

11. Rui Santos

I'm sorry but it's not normal a game drop from 225 fps to 40 fps, something's wrong, specially if it's a game you need fluid smooth performance, obviously with AI the fps will drop in Assetto Corsa but they can't drop 60 fps if you have above the recommended requirements, at least i think it makes no sense at all...

12. Rui Santos

I believe they'll optimize it yet, just going step by step, introducing new things and improvements as far as they at Kunos see it's on the right way...

13. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

No final de uma grid com 32 carros vais ver :p

In the end of a 32 car grind you'ill see :)

14. Andrea Lojelo

Andrea Lojelo Radiator Springs Racing Team

Actually, you can already max everything out with a 450 euros card right now, at least on a single monitor. This is not even the top of the range of the nvidia cards.
    I was very surprised to see that I could run with all options available to the top. without any problems with my new ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5.
    I haven't even tried to play with the setting, since I had no problem, but from what I've seen previously with my GTX460 there are some settings that are really hard on FPS without giving huge visual differences.
    I'm pretty sure that a GTX 770 is more than enough to fully enjoy this sim without compromises.

Just try to play with your settings and I'm sure you can find something that would suit you. I had decent FPS (100+) also with my GTX460, just tuning down some effects that I thought where not so important for me.

paulieGTR, Rui Santos and Tiago Lima like this.
  15. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

i tested yesterday and with my system with all max actually 20 / 30 fps not bad for an i3 and a 7870

16. Rui Santos

Hey TiagoX this answer is for you :p

Tiago Lima likes this.
  17. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

I use the setting in my signature and it runs awesome smooth @ 60 fps :)

Rui Santos likes this.
  18. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

Sorry tiagox, no way => AA 2x <= this looks like a old 720P Game without any AA.
    Absolut not acteptable in 2014 (for me). The minimum is 4 x MS + 4 x SSAA!

19. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

with my pc i run the game on max at 20 /30 fps , so my system is not that powerfull so i think the dev did a pretty damm job in optimization so there is the thing and i think everybody will agree with me ,you want to run the game on max with your (not) over that top system so you cant and you are mad with that , so you have 2 options you put some setting down like cubemap or faces per frame and that , if you are like a kid and dont want to that because you spent 2k€ bla bla bla what are you doing here distablizing the suport forum ?

20. Rui Santos

"It's hard to explain when people don't want to understand..."