1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why such an so extreme Hardware claim ??? (aka "will it run on my pc?")

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Robert Gerke, Nov 9, 2013.

1. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Imagine this thread if the West Brothers had released World Sports Cars 15 years ago :rolleyes:

2. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

Exactly. So my Way is to be sure the fps is always higher than my syncrate (120 Hz). So i am very excited for the update tomorrow to see how much headroom i got with IA on track.

But there is some to do for Kunos. Even vsync is on, the smoothness is not as good as it could be. In other Sim - gmotor2 based (rfactor, gtr, gsc ...) or in iracing the look is very very smoothed. IMO AC has a problem with frameflow in corners, there the stuttering is annoying - but hey its 0.4 and it feels quiet good.....

3. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

Both aspects work together. A very well spaced frame sequence (no stutters) with low FPS (35 FPS as example you mentioned) doesn't help at all. In other hand, 400 fps with stutters (the rF2 nightmare) is also unplayable.

If you have no stutters, 35 fps to 90 fps is night-and-day difference.

4. petesky

petesky Simracer

I'm still waiting for racing legends. :D

xyr and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  5. david64bit

david64bit Gamer

For you maybe, but you can't just say that's a given. For me there isn't any difference between 1 ms+35 FPS and 1 ms+90 FPS. Having said that, i only have a 60 hz monitor, so @ 90 FPS i feel that it's worse then @ 40 FPS.
    And on top of that: I really don't care that much, at best I'm an average driver, so what is the point in having a 5000 € rig - doesn't make me a better driver. So just because YOU feel that difference, doesn't mean everyone else does too and should care about that aspect.

6. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

The user can influence the fps by selecting lower graphics settings and/or buying better hardware. Micro-stuttering however (the result of varying frame times) is mainly down to the software design, e.g. doing a lot of work in some frames and much less in others. I can't complain about AC in that regard so far. The only thing the user can do to avoid micro-stuttering is not using SLI/CF.

The main purpose of having a higher framerate is less tearing and lower lag.

Horus likes this.
  7. Horus

Horus Alien

That is true David, but as I am getting 80-90FPS and have no stutter or lag I would say that it is the settings or something wrong with the PC setup, over Assetto Corsa causing a problem. Don't worry much though, we are still in early days and I am sure the developers will make it smooth and even more optimised over the coming weeks, months and years. :)

P.S. My monitors are 60Hz also, but I turned down and off the really intensive aspects of the graphics to get a smoother game play. All swings and roundabouts when we are all using different hardware, play with the settings some, turn them down and then slowly build them back up one at a time and see what you can find to fix your problem and it could help others and maybe the developers. I'm not the fastest driver but I don't want to push my machine to the point I lose the smoothness that is inherent in AC.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  8. david64bit

david64bit Gamer

Huh...? What problem do i have? :D As i said, i don't really care about the Number in front of the "FPS" - i care about having a pleasant and nice looking car simulation that i like to drive without any stuttering or something like that - which i don't have ;)

And that's exactly what you are talking about - compared to LFS for example, which runs at 250 FPS btw, i can feel absolutely no difference. What i can feel is a bit of lag from steering input to actually steering the car, but that's also at 150 FPS in AC. So that is not a problem of how many FPS i'm running, it's how AC is "using" those commands from the Logitech Driver. So in the end, i just put the FPS Limiter to 40 FPS to have a bit of "headroom" - which didn't do anything. Nevertheless, having high FPS is just not usefull for having a smooth experience - IMHO.

9. toffytofik

toffytofik Gamer

David, did you change the prerendered frames setting in your cfg? There is no input lag at 60fps/120Hz for me.

/%gamefolder%/system/cfg/dx11.ini

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1

Also can be done via the driver profile settings for game executable acs.exe. I don't know how the setting is called for AMD gfx cards though.

10. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

I'm getting 140 FPS with near identical hardware. Its completely maxed out apart from cubemap resolution is on medium. If your not getting anywhere near that then there has to be another issue somewhere.

Edit - I only have 1 screen @ 1920 X 1080 but use head tracking instead

Hope you get it fixed.

11. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

Oh Oh, this is what i have talk about, for 5 Months ......this Day with 9 AI
    i have lost 20 Frames. And what comes next? When we want to drive with
    20 AI and Weather Effects???

Sorry lovely Kunoz.... i have no enougth Money for a 4 x QUAD SLI Titans....

And i dont want to drive with low settings and poor AA without SSAA :-(

At this Moment i am a little bit dissepointed. Sorry.

(Windows 8.1 - i7 4 x 4,5 Ghz - 3 x 27" 5760 x 1080 - 2 x GTX 780 TI SLI)

12. david64bit

david64bit Gamer

The new Update fixed that. Solid 45 FPS (limited) @ about 82-85 % GPU-Load and about 45% CPU-Load, rock solid 17 ms Frame-Times - perfectly fine with that. Even with 25 Cars on the grid i don't get any drops - neither in the Frame-Times, nor at FPS it self.

13. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

What did you expect? Rendering more cars wouldn't cost any performance?
    And 20fps, what's that for an statement? 20 fps from 200 is nothing, while 20fps from 30 is massive...
    If you still didn't get that there is no need to max everything out, then I'm sorry, you will be disappointed. SSAA, lol...

On my system I lost about 20-30% with 11 cars in front of me, which is reasonable I think.

14. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

Please look like my firsts commentary, than you can known what i mean. I drive ever only with 60 Frames
    locked. Thats the smoothest driving ever, with my configuartion. And now i have 40-47 Frames an massive drops.

Non drivible.... and thats the whole message from beginning that thread..."What for a hardware we need, when the Game is Retailed ??? Horrible plans.

15. david64bit

david64bit Gamer

Actually, i meant the full compliment of AI Cars - thought they were 25, but it looks like there are only 12^^