1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why such an so extreme Hardware claim ??? (aka "will it run on my pc?")

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Robert Gerke, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

First,

Thank you all to give us this very nice SIM.

But I and my all Friends and many from our community, are very angry with
    this extreme Hardware claim. Our Question ist...for what??? For which Result?

The Graphic looks nice but not enthusiastic.

At this time we need a 4.5 Intel GHZ CPU and a Nvidia TITAN to run this Game
    in "up to date" graphics. Full HD and Ultra Settings with 4 x MS AA +4 x SSAA.

And unfortunately, the result is anything but not up to date, sorry!

We did not dare to imagine, what we all need for Monster Hardware, when this
    Features are installed:

Weathereffects, 30+ Cars on a Road, 30 AI´s, Physical and optical Damage System and so on.

What we will need for a sytem in a fiew Months? 2 x GTX 780 TI + 6 x Core Intel CPU at 5 GHZ? And what result we can expect?

This here is the standard for Racing Game an also SIM Graphics in 2014:

... and this runs perfectly on a 500 EUR System!!!!!

Lovely Devs, there is an urgent need something done...quick!

Sauac and docgore like this.

2. Giovanni Romagnoli

Giovanni Romagnoli Yes, that's a Transformer Camaro

Hi we are working on optimizations too but your feedback needs some clarification:

-are you having a small frame rate?
    - are the shadow displaying correctly?
    - did you set the cubemaps and other settings to the max value?

please tell us we're happy to help

3. np, devs answered :)

4. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

OK, my self i have Triple Screen 5760 x 1080 and 2 x GTX 680. And a Intel i7 CPU 4,4 GHZ.

I used the custom SLI profile an it works to some extent. But the AA but this is unfortunately very
    modest.

In our GER Forum of VR, many People have only Sinbgle Card example a GTX660 Ti and single
    screen. And They cant run the Game with stable 60 Frames an High Grafik settings with a normal 4 x MS AA.

The Frames drop down to 30 - 35 Frames. And sorry Giovanni, for what a result?
    Imagine times, there come all the Features to the Games....we are angry.

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Hardcore Simmer

A 500 euro system will no longer run right for the next generation games. You'd want to be running minimum a GTX 770 if you want to get the max settings. However, I run a 550 TI and with medium settings I get 40-55 FPS and it still looks better than most games out there. Games and hardware are evolving quickly, the days were a 500 euro system was good enough is no more, clearly you need to upgrade just as much as I will be upgrading my video card to a GTX 770.

Depending on what video card you have, I'd recommend if you are having FPS issues to...

Put shadows, cubemaps and mirror rendering to medium. Set animostropic to 4x. The game still looks really good like that too and you can enjoy it with more FPS.

6. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

Medium???? Hello.....we are wait for a NExt Game SIM game, with Direct X 11!!!

We all Have here exreme potent and expensive Hardware and i spent 2.000 EUR for my System,
    And you say I will provide the settings down? Are you serious?

Only A Game with stable 60 Frames all the time, with Ultra Graphics Settings and full AA Modes
    are acceptable for me and all who are know in my area.

You wrote: "The game still looks really good like that too "

Sorry, if that what we now see and receive is your claim, good night!

7. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Hardcore Simmer

If you spent 2000 euro for your system and your running GTX 680s, then you clearly don't know how to buy a new system and need to study more what video cards are good for gaming next gen games. I'm not trying to be rude, but the GTX 680 is not a good gaming video card. It is ok for games like rFactor 2 and iRacing. But for next gen games like Project CARS and AC, you need to be minimum GTX 770. Even the GTX 770 will be cutting it close if you will want to do triple screen. This is the way technology is evolving, the developers are not at fault if your using outdated hardware.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  8. Giovanni Romagnoli

-We are working with Nvidia to get the best from sli , there's work to be done in the driver side
    -You problably have some prblems with AA, are you sure that your video card program does not force AA or other settings in games?

please let us know!

9. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

Sorry, Petros
    Sorry, thats Bull****!

[​IMG]

I have pCars for 14 Months. And yes, That game looks like an Next Gen SIM
    and runs at my system with all Settung off Ultra in 60 Frames.

Come back to the roots off talking here. WHY ASSETTO EATS SO EXTREME PERFORMANC,
    but looks like a game out of year 2010 ???? Thats the Quaestion!

And do not forget...at the Moment, No Rain, No Damage, No AI, No other Cars on the Road....

I suspect terrible!!! :rolleyes:

Rui Santos likes this.
  10. Giovanni Romagnoli

Robert could you please answer my previous post, so we can help you improve the cgraphics quality of the game, and please guys let's keep the conversation polite

11. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

Giovanni, the Problem ist not SLI nand my System. I have Money and i am a Nerd ;)

But all my Friends, They have 800 -1.200 EUR PC´s. And they look to GT6 and Forza and pCARS,
    an ask me "why should I spend so much money on Assetto Corsa, so it looks not nearly as this Games/SIMS ???"

And the problem, rather the question is more than legitimate giovanni! What will happen if you install all the features,
    for which we wait. rain, damage AI's, etc.?

12. Giovanni Romagnoli

Robert, this is an Early Access and this is a technical support forum, we are currently working to improve any aspects of the game.
    If you have a specific issue like something that is not working, we're glad to help.
    If you don't, please avoid making polemic posts in this forum

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
    alex72, dkwuan, F430_458_F12 and 9 others like this.
  13. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

OK, i have understand. THX.

14. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Just wanted to say that I don't share the opinion of Robert at all, and that's from someone who really is picky about framerates. There are a lot of options to turn things down and I think it scales quite good. AC is far ahead of pCARS, imho, both in graphics quality and framerate.

Having said that, optimizations are always welcome of course :)

alex72 and dkwuan like this.
  15. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

Thomas, thast OK, but our claim to a modern and up to date SIm + Graphics standard at
    2014, are complete different!

16. TJP

TJP Rookie

It is impossible to compare Forza 5 to AC at this stage.

Forza 5 is running on a closed system that is heavily subsidised by the manufacturer hence the low(er) cost - let's not overlook the fact that both MS and Sony lose a tonne of money on hardware in the early years of a console launch which for MS is partly re-couped by charging for Xbox Live and charging publishers a fee to release games on their system.

Forza 5 was built using Microsoft's money; Kunos are doing it alone. Like me you are a pCARS member, have you not read the FM5 hands-on report posted by moderator Umer? Look for post #668 in the Forza 5 thread on the SMS forum. I'm not going to repost what he had to say about his hands-on but it wasn't a glowing report.

Furthermore Assetto Corsa is at version 0.1.1 of an early release; there is a long way to go in the development cycle. To compare AC to a game that will launch in under 2 weeks that has been in development for 3 years is foolhardy.

dkwuan and James Gore like this.
  17. baboon

baboon Alien

I was actually surprised in a positive way by the performance. My low endish system is between 50 and 85fps. (@1080p, 4xAA/8xAF; shadows, mirrors and cubemaps on low, HDR on, motionblur off)

e5200@3,6Ghz
    GTX 460 1GB

18. Robert. I'm pretty sure you got somekind of issue. I'm using single GTX770 4GB OC card to run triple screen and I'm getting a ver-ry good framerates with AC. Allways over 60 frames. You can see my specs below. Silky smooth here.

Is your graphics cards 2GB or 4GB version?

19. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

I understand everything, really! But I once recalculated.

At this Moment we have 1 Car on the Track. N0 Rain, No AI´s, no moving Clouds or Trees, no physical
    and viewible Damage System and a masive in need of improvement Antialiasing an environment, that
    would be build the very important Atmospaehre arround the Track.

And without this all important elements...at this Time, "we" (a lot of my Friends) have with max settings
    and a normal up to date Antialiasing Framerate Drops down to 30 Frames/sec. in Full HD single screen.

And this on a new PC System that Cost 800 - 1.000 EUR. What do you think we are need for a PC System
    in a view Months, when the lovely and motivated Kunoz Team, installed all the Features???

This is simply math = 200% more Hardware claim. And who will and can afford it?

I think I'm here in my circle of friends and we make our way around, with all the love for this project, lot
    of concern. Or do you think all seriousness, the optimization by a graphics card driver can reach 100% and
    more, Power?

Because that would be necessary.

Rui Santos likes this.
  20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

i5 2500K, W7x64, 8GB RAM, GTX660 2GB, 1980x1050. Absolutely fluid frames, smooth and fast, counter never drops below 60, often touches three digits-range, Bluir off, HR on, AA+AF 4x, shadows and mirrors at medium, I think.

I am happy. Of course I am slightly concerned about how it will be with cars and AI on the track, but I am confident that the sim will be absolutely playable.