1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why such an so extreme Hardware claim ??? (aka "will it run on my pc?")

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Robert Gerke, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Manorba

Manorba Gamer

maybe doesn't matter at all, but in nvidia panel how did you set texture filter quality? i had it initially at "high quality" and had very bad performance, switched it to "quality" and doubled framerates and also the stuttering was gone. without any loss in visual quality (look like a bug to me). i have an nvidia 660ti btw.

2. Starlo

Starlo Gamer

Look at my sig, and you can get an idea of what you need.

Getting around 100FPS with my current rig

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. David Cowen

David Cowen Rookie

I could really use some help!

Don't know if I should make the purchase because of the graphics card limitation of my notebook computer... I am currently running iRacing and Game Stock Car 2013 without any trouble, but I keep hearing that AC is much more demanding when it comes to graphics.

I am also using a Logitech Driving Force Pro, don't know if AC is recommended for owners of this wheel. Maybe I should be advised to wait until I can upgrade the computer, the wheel or both.

Specs >>>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really appreciate any help as I am on the fence about making this purchase.

4. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Bumping,

Please, my mouse is hovering around the Buy button :D but do not want to feel disapointed by my system specs.

Does the DX 10.0 support simply uses the DX 10.0 hardware rendering? No simulation of DX 10.1, 11 shaders?

Thanks

5. David Cowen

David Cowen Rookie

Naturally I am really hoping my current specs will work for now, I would definitely make the purchase if somehow I am able to maintain 60fps.

6. David Cowen

David Cowen Rookie

This notebook runs with switchable graphic cards, I only run GSC2013 and iRacing on the ATI AMD Radeon HD 6750M and manage to get more than 60fps on both.

7. Juha Mikkola

Juha Mikkola Gamer

With your machine I'd say an ok option would be a GTX 680 or 770 (they're pretty much the same card) With this card your machine would be in "balance" CPU vs. GPU. If you can get a used one that would be something around 200 - 250€. Also GTX 670 overclocked could do ok.
    If you have a big monitor with big resolution (2560x1440 or so) i'd go for the GTX 780.

Also AMD radeon cards are cheap and fast, but i would wait for the custom cooled models before buying

8. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

You should be ok with low AF and AA settings.;)
    If you're gonna get a card in a month or so.?? I would take the plunge mafrien'.
    Seriously... you'll not be disappointed even if your card does'nt perform the way you want it to(the sim is that good).

AC is gonna' be updated @least every ~fortnight and content/features will be faded in.
    There's already been 2 updates over the weekend that's addressing issues for the community, so i think it's safe to say that Kunos is trying hard to optimise the sim for a wide range of system HW.:)

9. r3ck0n

r3ck0n Racer

I am running this on a dual core, 4gb ram and a GTX560ti, single 27" monitor

its pretty smooth on medium settings, so if I can run this, you should be able to as well.

it's the BEST Lotus 49 EVAR!!

:D

10. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Thank you guys ! I appreciate your feedback.

Regards

11. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

np's buddy.:)

12. baboon

baboon Alien

system and wheel should be good for now. Once the final is out with AI and online you'll know if you really need to upgrade :)

13. Dev Rotter

Dev Rotter Racer

Roger! Maybe the best solution is to wait for a demo and try it before going on with the purchase.
    By the way, the version you have downloaded from Steam is the version partially locked until you buy the code?

14. David Cowen

David Cowen Rookie

Thanks for the feedback guys!!!

15. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Merged. Guys PLEASE use the search function to avoid redundant discussions.

16. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

It's a computer quite similar at my pc.
    With some adjustment on the graphic menu (on the game) i run at about 80fps (res 1360*768)

EDTI: i have an ATI HD 4850, compatible with DX. 10.1

17. Dev Rotter

Dev Rotter Racer

Hei there, what kind of solutions are you using together with the resolution for improve the fps?

18. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team