1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why such an so extreme Hardware claim ??? (aka "will it run on my pc?")

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Robert Gerke, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Gamer

I have HD5660, 2gb ram and athlon x2 225. Its old specs, im having trouble in some other games but in AC without any gizmos turned on i can have a very drivable 30fps+ experience with 1920 resolution.
    This game is graphically very well optimized, and the graphics itself are very realistic, not the overcontrast variant of rfactor2 for example.
    Keep doing what you are doing ;)

2. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Here's a quick benchmark I ran after purchasing yesterday and getting everything set up. This was an outlap, hotlap, inlap at Imola. Would like more FPS obviously but it was perfectly playable for now. Might experiment with turning a few settings down after I've tested some other cars/tracks.

Attached Files:

3. spliff

spliff Gamer

i'm playing on a GTX 570 and everything is good so far! game is looking great and running smooth.

4. rqper

rqper Rookie

So far no complaints about the performance, everything maxed out including high quality set for rear view mirrors.
    1920x1200 resolution on an aging yet mostly idle AMD 1090T 3,2Ghz
    12GB RAM with an AMD HD 7970 Ghz graphics board. Sound by PCi Audigy 2 (believing HW sound is still more efficient)

Bring it on.

For long time now the graphic card bottlenecks the average system unless you play at very low resolutions. Its a good tradition that technologically advanced PC games upon release need the next 2 generations of graphic boards to be released to allow for maxed out graphic display options at the standard resolution (now moving towards 2560x1600).

However, I noted Assetto Corsa system requirements: recommended AMD is a "Hexacore" (as opposed to quadcore), no mention of Ghz.
    That hints efficient multicore programming. Interesting. I hope more of those environmental and AI calculations will be loaded on our idle CPU multicolor silicon.

PCars mostly maxed out gives me 30 fps on some area's of Cote d'Azur road, sometimes not so fluid.. but the amount of detail in that game is insane of course.

5. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Forza 5 looks badder then this game:

Only the lighting is different to Assetto, but the car details and so on are on the same level. I think the peformance will only be 30 fps at fullhd.
    The devs can tune some things and it will be better until release. :)

6. sidd

sidd Rookie

Is my pc able to handle this game at low settings?

Intel Core i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
    4GB RAM DDR3
    ATI Radeon HD 5450 512 MB

I know it should be time now to buy a new computer, but I'm just asking anyway.

Thank you, I hope to buy this game very soon.

7. sidd

sidd Rookie

thanks, but the graphics card is the one that worries me the most...

8. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Although the card you have is DX11 you are right on the cusp/below of absolute minimum specs and are probably gonna' struggle.
    That card definately is not aimed at gamers mafrien'. SBT

Sry to be the bearer of not so good news buddy.

9. blood_sam

blood_sam Gamer

I think it's gonna be hard for you, maybe with low settings and low resolution :/

10. sidd

sidd Rookie

Thank you all for the responses. I knew this day would have come :p

11. Dev Rotter

Dev Rotter Racer

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about buying Assetto Corsa but I've got two questions:
    >I'm not subscribed to the Steam Platform, if I subscribe today can I download AC immediately at the price of the Early Access version? Is it a demo or a full version?

>I've got a Pavilion DV6 1280-el with the following specs:
    -processor: intel core 2 duo P8700, dual core with 2.53GHz,
    -graphic card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD4650 with 1gb DD3 of dedicated memory + 1gb of turbo,
    -ram: 4GB of SDDR2.

The big question is: I've tried the Tech Preview and the game is running smooth, the resolution was of 1280x720p without video effect except rear mirrors and shadows at the lowest level, the fps were between 58-60 fps.

Thanks to anyone! Step on the gas!

12. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Honestly, it will run it, but not at any level you're going to enjoy with anything more than yourself on track. I'm running an equally ancient dual core at 3.4 GHz with an HD 5770, so i'm slightly better off than you, but AI and Multilpayer are going to turn in into a slideshow unless they have the best optimised sim of all time.

If you're happy just hotlapping with low graphics settings then go for it. I cant say how it's going to perform with more cars on track, but if you go by any other sim the hit will probably be big enough that our sort of rigs just aren't going to cut the mustard.

That's just my honest opinion. You never know, they may optimise it a lot more over time, but we have to face facts that when making a next gen sim in 2013 that needs to still be relevant in 4-5 years time us guys on ancient hardware aren't going to be catered for (and rightly so)

13. Dev Rotter

Dev Rotter Racer

Hi and thanks for your answer, I agree with you!
    I'm used to challenge the chrono but I'm also looking forward for the career mode. If you compare this version with the technology preview is it better if we talk about fps?

14. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Ran another test in the Formula Abarth. No surprise to see better frame rates in the open wheeler, even with all the lovely reflection mapping that was visable on the cars body work.

Attached Files:

15. zrainer

zrainer Rookie

Asseto Corsa runs very good for a beta!

Settings:
    1600x900 with Adaptive MSAA x4
    Cubemap Reselution middle (i have not enough VRAM for higher Setting)
    all other settings are set to highest

60sec benchmark
    [​IMG]

In this Screen you see, the GPU (HD7850 1GB) is the bottleneck and a creppy AMD FX 6100 with 2,6GHz is fast enough for a HD7850)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  16. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Couple more quick tests, same as above expect for what's stated on the graph. 2xAA - too many jaggies and not much improvement in frame rate. Medium cubemap resolution, big boost in avg frame rate (40%), minimums above 60FPS and still looks very good compared to the high setting.

Attached Files:

17. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure i'm using the same settings as i was in the TP. I think i'm down about 15 fps in comparison, but i'm probably using slightly higher settings than before.

Some people are reporting better FPS, some worse so it's hard to say how it will be on your system.

18. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Hi all,

I am very interested in acquire this EA release of AC, but I am worried about my actual specs, particullary on the video card arena.

Intel Core i5 2500K
    ASUS P8Z68-V LX
    8GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Its only DX 10.0 . I already have seen there is a fix to support devices below 10.1 but would like to know if I could achieve decent (>60s) fps.

On the TP version I could barely hit 60fps with most graphics options to low. I definitely will update to a better video card but probably until December, but for now I would like to try the new content. Is the EA release better optimized than the TP version on the graphics?

Thanks for any information you could provide to me.

Regards

Fernando Deutsch

19. zrainer

zrainer Rookie

I forget a test with 4xSupersamling in my last post:rolleyes:

Settings:
    1600x900 with Supersampling x4
    Cubemap Reselution middle (i have not enough VRAM for higher Setting)
    all other settings are set to highest

[​IMG][​IMG]