1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why such an so extreme Hardware claim ??? (aka "will it run on my pc?")

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Robert Gerke, Nov 9, 2013.

1. :eek:

xyr, Shaddix and Rui Santos like this.
  2. Babis

Babis Rookie

NFS rivals has Complex physics. , Why is that so strange? Am i wrong ? Crysis 3 has complex physics to . is it so strange?
    If i am wrong i would love to see an analysis of NFS Rivals physics calculations per/sec . I just saying maybe i am wrong but it look to me that Rivals ,Crysis 3,Crysis 1,Far Cry 3 , have complex physics , sory for the offtopic.

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Loool, WTF????????????????????????????????????? "780 Ti isn't strong enough to handle the game maxed out"

Are you guys taking drugs??? That GPU should be more than enough to run the game maxed out in single screen, did you ever saw the recommended requirements???

4. Rui Santos

:confused:

Yeah it might have for some kind of ignorant people like us, but for sure a SIMULATOR has 100x more complex physics...

5. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Well, aren't you a little ray of sunshine...
    Dunno what a 780ti 'should' or shouldn't do, since I dont have it, but I'd say Babis above effectively proved it isnt enough to run everything maxed out and with over 60fps.
    Do YOU have any proof of the opposite??

PS. I only answered cause you directed your question to me, this isnt really a discussion I'd like to get into...

6. Rui Santos

For sure he has (like many people around the world) a crappy system with lots of junk and software, maybe malware or virus, some guys PC is just a mess. I can tell you with the game maxed out i can play it at around 60/70 FPS with my card with no problem (see my specs).

And YES they're optimizing the game as someone from Kunos said yesterday in some post...

Cheers.

7. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Look at beamng (SIM) and next car game (flatout). Beamng simulates neaEly everything and git bad fps in comparison to the arcade game. It's the same with Assetto and grid.

Also difference between max and mid-high isn't there. You have to deactivate blur and hdr. This is looking uglier, when they are active.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk 2

8. Babis

Babis Rookie

Thanks all for the reply , If that helps The signature PC is only for racing games, it doesnt have anything else on it, just Windows 7 64 bit ultimate , with latest drivers and nothing else at all. not even media Player or even to use it for Web . I have 2 diferent pc's that i use for Web or diferent kind of gaming.
    So for sure it doesnt have any virus or mailware or programs that runining on backround.

A Simulator has more complex physics than Crysis 1 ? Really? It is strange for me to understand that. because its far more complex to simulate an OPEN World game with trees water, ground, bullets and a lot more clever AI than any sim racing game.

I respect your opinion but i bealive that simulators doesnt have more complex physics than some other games even if they are arcade, fps, or action games.

I have a question ......if the physics on Assetto corsa is so advanced , why its not cpu intensive like all the other games with complex physics ? On i3 3220 dual core cpu a game with so advanced physix i guess it will use more than 60% maximum load not averege that is more lower , maximum. Maybe all the physics are runing from the gpu i dont know that. Just wondering. :)

9. Babis

Babis Rookie

Thats what i am saying
    Next Car game is an Arcade game and it has complex physics to is that right ?

10. Hi.

No, next car game(flat out) doesn't have complex physics like a simulator does.

I think there is some confusion, you seem to be comparing fancy graphics to simulator physics. You mention things like open world and water and crysis ai(which is just scripted=nothing complex at all). I'm sorry, but crysis has simplified physics for everything from driving to bullet ballistics.

You ARE right that a car inside a sim can be made to drive like an arcade racer, but that really means nothing. The complexity comes from the sims actual physics engine, not the individual cars physics files. A true, fully accurate tire simulation alone, which we don't have in any game yet, would probably bring your i3 to its knees.

When devs figure out how to properly lock a sims physics and graphics engines together on more than 1 core then you will see the high cpu usage you talk about.

Regards.

Shaddix and Rui Santos like this.
  11. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

@Babies: No, everything is scripted and beamng simulates in real time crashes, tyres (dont work right, cuz pc power isnt enough on normal ones), suspension and so on. Thats the difference. Arcade are easier made mostly!
    Your named arcade games like Crysis got really different engines. You cant compare them, because they compute different things.

12. Babis

Babis Rookie

Thanks a lot for your reply it explains alot to me.

13. Babis

Babis Rookie

Nice, i see now what you all people say, if everything is scripted it makes a lot of diference, real time calculations (physics) are much much harder.

Thanks all of you explain to me all of these.

Can anyone tell me what is the best way for the calculations and physics to run .... from CPU or GPU ?

14. Fahim

Fahim Racer

I understand what Robert (author) was coming from.

He is merely asking the developers that if they game is on it's limit of performance at demo stage,
    will the game be optimized for performance when there is 20+ cars on the track.?

It is a simple question. It is not rude or manipulative. It is a simply question that comes from thousands of pounds invested in a home performance computer.

regards.

15. Rui Santos

Of course it has to be optimized, otherwise only 30%/40% of people that already purchased it will be able to play it...

16. flyingmachine

flyingmachine Rookie

It's an older gaming laptop (2010?) with an i7-740QM 8 gigs of ram and a GTX460M with 1.5 gig of vram. Anyone with similar hardware have experience w/ AC? Just wondering what to expect before getting the game. Thanks,

17. 3igen

3igen Gamer

Should run it fine, don't expect 1080p with max settings though.

Currently on a very similar laptop, which I use as a portable simulator *ahem* "workstation", I run 1600x900, 2xAA, 2XAF, med shadow, HDR-on (extra 10 fps by turning it off), Medium detail, 2faces/s, Med. Q res...

I get steady 60fps, usually ~70...I am quite happy for now and I feel (hope) that I have enough headroom (in terms of lowering settings) that the system should be able to handle AC with additional cars on track. In addition I think we should expect a bit of optimization in the engine, which should also help with performance.

That said my laptop has a faster processor (shouldn't make a difference as the card will be the bottleneck) and a slightly slower graphics card according to 3dmark11 score, Firepro M5950, however I run it heavily overclocked (the pro cards get cream of the crop chips) so the difference should be quite low.

18. Well, I'm very interested in buying this game, but even checking the system requirements I can't be sure if it's going to run it, mainly when it comes about the videocard, considering that my is a GeForce GT630 (2 GB DDR3, I know... not the best ever). If anybody could help me, I'd appreciate.

19. Horus

Horus Alien

You should be able to run it, just watch out for how you set your Graphics ups. The GT series are not as powerful as the GTX but that said you have enough there to run it. :)

I cannot test that for you sorry, but my Son's PC has the same card and very similar CPU so I would give a causious yes, but keep the graphics low till you have played around to find the best you can run. Remember to turn nVidia Control Panel to Application controlled or OFF! Mine is App Controlled and works great for it. :)

Good luck.

20. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

There's already a thread. Merging.