1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will there be any form for a car radar?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SwaggyShaggy, Sep 12, 2018.

1. SwaggyShaggy

SwaggyShaggy Rookie

My experience in the game so far is great.
    But there are some things I wish was there and yes, I know the game released today so this is just a question
    if it's been even thought about.

Will, there be any form for a spotter or a car radar to tell me when there is an opponent on my side?
    Which will help out a lot for me as a one monitor driver and also make it more easy to predict my lines instead of just guessing if its clear on my sides or not.

AmirHM likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Super slow in Formula Hybrid cars and setups don't do anything Feb 1, 2022
    Screens & Videos F1 Hotlap at Paul Ricard (France) RSS Formula Hybrid (F1) 2021 Jun 16, 2021
    ACC Physics Car stalled on formation lap start. Unable to restart Aug 14, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions RX 5700 XT underperforming in ACC compared to same card Jul 11, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Car damage information during race May 20, 2020
    ACC User Interface [1.3.11] Car Setup UI Formatting & Inconsistencies Apr 23, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Reduced car performances Apr 17, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [1.0.10] Career mode (initial test) and AI performance. Sep 30, 2019
    ACC Physics Dear Kunos!Kindly provide steering range information for each car in ACC. Aug 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay 1.0.4 career limited tyres, formation lap, points Jun 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Complete car performance test Jun 14, 2019
    ACC Gameplay P1 car has massive headstart on formation lap. Apr 5, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer heap of cars in the start grid formation Mar 5, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Car rolling on formation lap Jan 5, 2019
    ACC Gameplay "AI" cars too far apart in performance Oct 25, 2018

3. chakko

chakko Alien

I must admit that i have some issues, now that there isn't a "look back" anymore... i mean, it's more realistic this way, but, as a single monitor driver, i lack some overview of what's going on side/behind me. I guess i get used to it, but, got taken out by the AI 2 times now...

AmirHM likes this.
  4. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

WTF is "Car Radar"? I have been racing Honda's since I was 14-15 years old and never heard of any of our race cars having a "Radar" system... LOL

ledinguelevrai likes this.
  5. SwaggyShaggy

SwaggyShaggy Rookie

Yes, you are probably a great driver or what not but to make sure it won't be any stupid accident by us who Is not as magnificent driver as yourself this is a great tool to get a good look of what's around you.

Attached Files:

domidomi, AmirHM and cooknn like this.
  6. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

Sorry friend, you misunderstand me :)

Seriously asking, what is a "Car Radar" ?

[EDIT: PS, for the record I am one of the "worst" drivers (I DNF a lot in real life, and have very little training, driver instruction), of my group, IRL, FWIW.

7. SwaggyShaggy

SwaggyShaggy Rookie

It's more like an addon on the hud. kind of the same as a little minimap on the screen.
    I do understand that this is supposed to be a realistic racing sim and these gadgets don't belong there might be since it's not realistic,
    but it will make the race easier for people with one monitor to keep track on the side of the vehicle so we don't cut in front of people since we can't see in the side mirrors.

and since the game already has a third person view which is not realistic, I think this could be an idea too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as shown in these pictures you can see there is just an addon kind of that helps you get an overlook of your surrounding
    which gives you the possibility to see where to place your car so you don't accidentally cut someone off in a corner or in a straight line.

or we could just get a spotter who tells you that you got a car on the left or right or when its clear,
    either way, it would be great if we could get something.

NWG.Slum likes this.
  8. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

Okay that is what I thought :) I do not use such things, however I see no reason for them not to be allowed on single player! Also, I hope to god modding will be as much or more of "a thing" than in AC. I am sure there will be issues that we have to get over and through but I am confident that KS understands just how freaking vital modding is to a racing sim. The unreal engine is purpose built for modding and I can only hope to help build awesome, free assets for the community, like this. Sorry for getting off topic lol. Can you tell that I am passionate AF?

9. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Some real race cars have radar systems.

NWG.Slum likes this.
  10. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

[​IMG]
    It's found in GT Sport

11. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

Damn, those are SICK! Now I want a system, like a 9 zone, triple or quad range one!

Man, those are some REAL race cars.

Here are some of ours, NOTHING like those real ones:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

The little arrows just don't cut it. We need something like Heli Corsa asap.

AmirHM likes this.
  13. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

I don't personally need or want the red arrow LOL. I am trying to figure out how to disable it. It is very distracting. I know where the car is next to me because I have at LEAST 7.2 Surround Sound on every Battlestation here. And we will have VR ASAP so again, won't be needed then either. Also, you should always just know where the car is, though the red arrow can help amateurs and noobs, I understand, and I think it should be in there, just needs to be on a toggle. However, I have know been drinking for hours and hours and hours and probably nothing I say should be given much merit at this time :D

14. baconian

baconian Rookie

Try setting:
    "radarVisible": 0,
    in your hud.json.

Kopiller and NWG.Slum like this.
  15. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

Haha one step ahead of ya, found it in the josn, except got fatty drunk fingers and did it wrong so no joy. Will try again soon after these laps :) Also, having a helluva time getting controllers set-up and such as no one is helping me and I am sorta seein double right now...

https://imgur.com/gallery/jF70Z

16. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

On a side note, gj on the 7.2 system. Ever since I got a nice pair or stereo tower speakers for the living room, I was in awe of how much of a difference the stereo bass makes. On my 5.1 system on the PC, anything around 100hz and bellow just comes from one place and you can easilly tell the position it's coming from unless it's really deep in the sub range. That made me think about a 5.2/7.2 upgrade in the future.

NWG.Slum likes this.
  17. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

Off topic but... some older pics vids:
    [​IMG]

And..

It sure is amazing how much a good sound setup will improve everything about your sim experience.

Salad Fingers likes this.
  18. JohnWicking

JohnWicking Rookie

This radar is essential also in multiplayer, not everyone is able to use tripple screens, vr and big sorround sound system. I have vr but now when VR is not supported and the best camera for my small 24" monitor is the one where you dont see the wheel but you see the deck and display, you cannot look to the sides to check mirrors in this camera mode and the red arrow just doesnt cut it.
    Radar like helicorsa in original AC would be a great addition for ppl in similiar situation like me.

19. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

No, for sure, the option to have it, or mod is a legit great thing, IMO, I personally, just will never use it. And hopefully, in a few mins I can get the json thing working so it's deleted LOL.

20. SwaggyShaggy

SwaggyShaggy Rookie

Thanks for
    Thanks for seeing it from an perspective where we dont have all the money in the world.

JohnWicking likes this.
  21. Why do you comment on something that you have absolutely no clue of in the first place, not to mention that the question wasn't meant for other users but to Kunos directly.... *sigh*

SwaggyShaggy likes this.