1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your real life car?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Wrongfire, Dec 28, 2013.

1. dnf

dnf Gamer

mister dog and AlleyViper like this.
  2. So.. Didn't want to create a new thread for this so maybe this fits here. I'm looking for a new car, max budget €16K (in Netherlands). Any suggestions? I want something sporty, not too old (used young car preferably) with integrated navigation, airco etc. I'm definitely edging towards a well equipped used Audi A1, but I'm open to any suggestions, maybe you guys can think of something I haven't looked at yet. Don't care all that much about practicality. Have of course already looked at A1 competitors (Mito, Mini, Fiesta) but A1 comes out on top for me out of those (except maybe Fiesta ST that's above budget). Any thoughts?

3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

you insist on new? .. good few years old car could be just as good or even better than new one, and new one can broke after two days .. also quality of production is usually lower these days :) and it will allows you to get something better ...

in my country you could get fiesta RS for about half of the money (2010-2011) or bit more (11-12k) for 2013, if you are lucky you could get Focus RS around 2010
    But in NL you have higher taxes on cars, don`t you? ...
    With Audi you would have to deal with other people thinking you are douche, but that is minor issue :)

4. Yes exactly, I don't mind a used one, that's what I meant. There are some 2011-2012 well equipped A1's for around 15k. Fiesta ST used from 2013 is around 18k here, but honestly don't like the interior that much.

5. OsmanV

OsmanV Rookie

Clio 197 clio 200 are fantastic cars if you looking at 2nd hand. Just they little thirsty on juice but great fun

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

6. Hmm rather have a manual. Actually I think I might try and see if there is a way to stretch and get a Fiesta ST. It's better value and newer compared to the A1's I'm looking at. Choosing for driving pleasure instead of luxury / styling. Not many on sale here so might need to wait until something affordable from 2013 comes up.. ;)

7. Haakonen

Haakonen Gamer

8. daubster

daubster Alien

Sporty, well equipped, 2012\2013 no more than 100.000 km from NL at around €16K.

208 GTI http://www.autoscout24.pl/oferty/pe...prijs-xenon-navigatie-benzyna-szary-288783405
    DS3 THP http://www.autoscout24.pl/oferty/ci...acing-navi-alcantara-benzyna-czarny-290765081
    Golf GTI http://www.autoscout24.pl/oferty/volkswagen-golf-20-gti-benzyna-czarny-288454869
    Genesis Coupe http://www.autoscout24.pl/oferty/hyundai-genesis-coupe-20t-elektryczno-benzynowy-niebieski-283632244

|eXtv| Lucky Luke likes this.
  9. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

The A1 we've got is quite a sporty car with the S-line suspension option. Bought it new back in 2013. The Fiesta is more communicative with it's steering. But personally the interior of that car is a let down. But I would search for an ST, the overall quality is better. Our 1.4 TFSI had the rattling on starting (tensioner) and the high pressure fuel pump failed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Well I think its the only Stang around with a Kids seat on the back seats. ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  11. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Ha! I bet they love it. :)

Congrats! Finally! Beautiful car you have there. Really like those wheels in silver. Hmm... Wonder if the AC template has wheel files?

12. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

2013 GT 6-speed manual. Has headers and full exhaust, tuned, suspension is all upgraded except for the factory sway bars.
    [​IMG]

13. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I like it. And the matching SHO next door. :cool:

DaveS78 likes this.
  14. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

Thanks! The SHO is my dads. ;)

15. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

That's cool! My dad has a Focus ST the same color.
    FocusST.jpg

I love the SHO. Many years ago I had a red 1993 5spd, the old FWD one with the Yamaha V6. Looooved that car.
    The new one is a very impressive car. Accelerates like a Space Shuttle launch.

nonnex and DaveS78 like this.
  16. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

Cool! Love Deep Impact Blue; I knew I had to have it as soon as I first saw the '13 Mustangs. I was wanting to find an ST for a daily driver but it's just too much $$$ for me to have two car payments right now.

arthur666 likes this.
  17. Wooooooh stuff.

FB_IMG_1468474477919.jpg

D1visor, daubster, DaveS78 and 2 others like this.
  18. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Thanks dude.
    Yeah, my daughter really loves crusing around with me, but only with (how she's saying): "Daddy, open roof!".
    The "19 Rims are the ones from the "Performance Pack" and relatively heavy (15kg), witch is standard for the EU Models. For US the Pack is optional.
    Later on I would like to put the "20 OZ Racing Ultraleggera HLT (10,9kg) on and swap all the OEM Brembo disks with better and lighter ones (aprox another 5kg savings per wheel) too = wich would result in ~36kg (~79 lb) less "unsprung" mass :)
    Sadly I cant do this in AC too... Well not without the Help of some digitalVooDoo, hrhr.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    arthur666 likes this.
  19. Trying to get this thing running, been sat here for my whole life!

Drained the tank, never seen/smelled such disgusting fuel in my life, unblocked all the lines etc. Need to get a spark now, hopefully in a few weeks it should turn a wheel :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And obviously I'll be making an AC version too... if only real life was as easy :p

20. basjaski

basjaski Gamer

E34 525i

Going to make a big step up next year, 550 Maranello. Was going to buy one this year but missed the boat as prices doubled, I sold my company but took longer than expected. Was on the verge of buying an R33 GTR N1 a few months back but it sold a few days before I was going to fly out to view it. Rarely drive anywhere for work at the moment, except to the airport and back so it was a bit pointless. May get a normal (non V spec) R33 GTR too, don't want electronic diffs. Upgraded mechanical ones are bloody fantastic and really give it tons and tons of grip.

Will also have an office some 35km away from my house by then so what better than one of my favorite cars, the excellent 550 Maranello. Great GT, too. Will do plenty of cross-euro trips with it.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    arthur666 and garyjpaterson like this.