1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your rig/setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ethan Dean, Dec 26, 2013.

1. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I have an Asus VG248QE with G-Sync board DIY'd into the case. It's a wonderful thing at 1080P. I can imagine how awesome it would be at 4K. Tomorrow I get my second Asus GTX 780 Ti and am going SLI for the first time. I should be able to turn on all the eye candy now :D

Leemstradamus likes this.
  2. Filip Öhlund

Filip Öhlund Rookie

Your rig looks absolutely amazing! I imagine it's a complete blast to drive with.

As of now I only have a boring deskchair... I would like to invest in a playseat but the girlfriend says no. So I guess I'll have to stick to my boring chair as long as I stick to her ;) One thing I've been thinking of that maby someone can answer to; is it hard or even worth it to mount a buttkicker to an ordinary deskchair?

3. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Gamer 2's are meant to clamp onto the "post" of a desk chair, So Yes WELL worth it.

4. hazardic

hazardic Alien

You just need a chair with gas-lift system to mount it on the tube, that's all.
    I have playseat too (was using before current rig) and the main reason, which I wasn't satisfied, was the lack of rigidity - because of the sector mounting system, it rattled even with g25 no matter how tight I turn mount screws. So sure it's a nice hardware if you can't find to buy something different, but I guess if the choice is good enough, I suggest to look into smth more solid (but not so portable)

5. hazardic

hazardic Alien

Thank you my friend, will think about it, time is still enough to me to make a proper decision

Nick Moxley likes this.
  6. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I finally got my second GTX 780 Ti :D Will be in AC shortly. Fingers crossed that all goes well with SLI and G-Sync, etc.

SLI.jpg

7. cooknn

cooknn Alien

^ So, what am I missing by setting Reflection Rendering Frequency to Static? With my new SLI setup I can run everything else on High or Ultra, but I can't turn that option on without my frame rate getting killed when racing with a full field o_O

8. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

Reflections on cars won't refresh as quickly...cars won't be as shiny. I'd definitely sacrifice them for higher frame rates and less lag while racing (particularly online). Post Processing are also a frame rate killer for me. If I want eye candy, I'll save a replay and switch to a single monitor before I crank the settings.

SLI definitely makes certain situations slower than a single card (like Reflections).

Leemstradamus and cooknn like this.
  9. My Opensimwheel project has begun. I found one finnish guy who sold me complete electronics without a motor. So atm. I only need a box for electronics, motor and parts to attach my wheel to it. Can't wait to get my OSW up and running! :)

[​IMG]

10. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

I wanted a buttonbox but couldn't find it for the price I wanted to pay, then I found a DIY and guess what after 1 day's work :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Working (with joy2key) buttonbox for less than 50,- euro's :)

11. JimmyPop

JimmyPop Gamer

Hello fellow AC folks, it was a long time coming, but the new gaming PC is completed!!

Here I will list the pictures and some pictures of build day.

Case: Thermaltake Core V71
    Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, 3x120mm fans
    Additional Fan: Thermaltake 200mm LED fan
    PSU: Evga SuperNOVA 750G2
    CPU: Intel i7 4790k
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro, 8x2 GB 2400 MHz
    Motherboard: ASUS Z97-AR
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
    Disk Drive: Samsung Bru-Ray burner, USB powered.
    Wifi: TP-Link dual band

= $1768.39

Parts Pile:
    [​IMG]

Most parts in place:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cooler:
    [​IMG]

Turned up, not fully assembled:
    [​IMG]

Assembled:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In it's home:
    [​IMG]

Turned up at home:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing!

12. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

Nice one, with the electronics all done you are close. My Mige motor took around for days from china to new zealand. With it mounted I didn't want to take it off and muck about so I ordered this mount that Martin Ascher has been making for the MiGe motor http://www.ascher-racing.com/shop/mige-mounting-bracket/ for 69 euro it's easy and has some adjustability.

I got some gloves! I have been using it with iracing set at 20NM and in the dallara it is a real beast. It would be hard work for an entire race, I am not sure many people would take on the challenge to race cars like this in a simulator at full forces.

13. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

Nice rigs :)

JimmyPop likes this.
  14. Hachiroku_88PL

Hachiroku_88PL Hardcore Simmer

A bit of upgrade. Got my u3011 some new friends, FOV/bezels incorrect for now, so don't bother. Have to design a new desk though, thinking about a mobile playseat project too, since there is no place to mount the wheel, lol.

[​IMG]

15. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Not Exactly My rig per say, But had a chance to Compare the wheel's side by side, RedBull Vs Fanatec

Surprisingly the "click" action felt VERY similar but lacked the mechanical Click feel the real thing has. Overall Felt pretty Awesome, FAR Lighter than i would have imagined, My Fanatec is quite a bit heavier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics can be found here, http://s150.photobucket.com/user/davidmoxley123/library/Vettles 2010 REDBULL

16. Ruebban

Ruebban Gamer

Anyone with buttonbox and know if you can use two buttons for TC like + and -

17. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Not yet to my knowledge. Have to use Keyboard for now.

18. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

If the game only supports keyboard commands then you could use joy2key to map the keyboard commands to buttons.

BTW, I got my wheel properly mounted to the rig yesterday.. Pertty much all done except finishing my other rim. Got the fanatec rim wired up with its own controller and it is working well. The servo drive is awesome, lots of fun.

[​IMG]

19. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Ah good call with joy2key, Ive personally never ran it, but i guess i have a reason to now. I got More than enough button's. :D

Fanatec on its own Controller..........Any further details you care to share about that ?

20. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

Hi Nick, my rim conversion was a rather simple one. I am a rift user so I dont need the SLI of display to be working. I just pulled it apart, soldered on some cables to attach it to my joystick controller and I had to machine up an adaptor to mount it to my quick release.

With the rift I only need about 8 buttons, if that, so I didn't wire up everything although it is possible.

Leemstradamus and Nick Moxley like this.